• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Birth By Sleep isn't real? [theory]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
So I was thinking about BBS.

I always had found it very strange that the way Terra summons his Keyblade seems entirely different from that of Sora...Sora's is summoned in what appears to be a natural sense, lights and sparkles flash around and form into the keyblade...but with Terra, it seems like weird blue particles form it...reminiscent of...electricity..or technology/data

Essentially, it reminded me a lot of how it looked when Roxas summoned his Keyblade within Ansem the Wise's data Twilight Town..

So that got me thinking...perhaps both instances differ from what we would consider a "normal" summoning animation, because they're both what it looks like when a Keyblade is summoned in a digital world...? What I'm saying is, what if Birth By Sleep is a simulation? What if the events taking place in the game, is someone reliving the past in a similar fashion to that of the Data Twilight Town?

Now I don't think that Birth By Sleep's events are fake...no, I'm sure the events in the game actually took place...but what we are actually playing in Birth By Sleep is just a simulation of those events.. And, based on my connection drawn with Roxas's Data Twilight Town, we could assume that it's with Ansem the Wise's technology..or something similar.

So, perhaps Birth By Sleep is just a reliving of a someone's past, experiencing the memories locked away inside them through a simulation, which fabricates past events/memories the same way Twilight Town existed as a simulation within Sora's mind. And when you think about it, Ansem the Wise's data world was used in the assistance of returning Sora's memories...

So, if a certain someone we know has no recollection of their past, and has access to the same technology that Ansem the Wise clearly had at his disposal...perhaps Birth By Sleep's story is of that person's past, experienced again through a computer and used to return their memory to them.

This scenario fits rather snuggly with the game's title, and at the same time leaves room to give insight on the enigmatic "Room of Sleep" and "Room of Awakening", which we learned of in Final Mix+ but know nothing of.

In order to gain his memories back Sora had to be asleep, and the process of getting his memories back had him seeing his past in the form of a data simulation. Your memories return to you through a process involving sleep, hence "Birth by Sleep", so the game's title would imply precisely what Sora went through..only I don't think it's talking about Sora, it's talking about someone else.

Perhaps Birth by Sleep is taking place in either the "Room of Sleep" or the "Room of Awakening", or through it's story we'll inadvertently find out what they are, where they are, and what their purpose is.

So, in summation...Birth by Sleep could be a simulation using Ansem the Wise's technology to relive their past and return their lost memories. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

Ultima Fenrir

Bronze Member
I like the theory a lot. I don't know how necessarily possible it is, but there certainly aren't any obviois holes in it. I think it's very well thought out. I like the idea about someone learning about past events through their memory, it's such a good connection with Sora reganing his memories.

V

V.A.T.13

This makes lotsa sense, but theres one lil problem.
In BBS, we play as 3 different characters with 3 different points of view. If we are playing through someone's memories, then it would only have to be that one person. What of the other two?

Ultima Fenrir

Bronze Member
This makes lotsa sense, but theres one lil problem.
In BBS, we play as 3 different characters with 3 different points of view. If we are playing through someone's memories, then it would only have to be that one person. What of the other two?

I think that's the only problem. The person would have to be completely omniscient to know all of the storylines.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Xemnas's "friend" was in the Room of Sleep, and Xigbar says that Xemnas is looking for the "Room of Awakening" in the hope that the other "friend" is there as well...so, perhaps the other 2 are going through the same thing? Perhaps the technology is based on the power of those two rooms? ¯\(o.o)/¯

Ultima Fenrir

Bronze Member
I bet this has been said, but there is also the chance that the room of awakening doesn't necessarily mean waking from sleep but being turned on to the truth or being enlightened.

Mordecai

And The Hero Fails
Website
www.google.com
very interesting never thought of that before

but what about the part in which Terra is watching Sora and Riku on the shores of DI?

This is a valuable point.

How was Terra there? Sure, he could have easily been there, but then, how would Birth By Sleep be a simulation? Did it take place before he showed up at DI, and afterwards, he saw Sora/Riku?

I think it's possible. Nice theory.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Disregard this post, I suck cocks.

Lol. Sig'd out of context tiem.

Anyways, as I already told TMM via PM, it's an interesting idea. I'd already compared the keyblade summoning animations, but to be honest that thought never struck me.

V

V.A.T.13

^ D: Dammit, thats why I edited it. No one here would get that meme. >>;

V

V.A.T.13

Speaking of weird! *claps hands together* There was this unbirth doujinshi between a brother and sister and-*is shot*

Soldier Terra

ok, i know i may be a newbie & all, but have you ever thought that the keyblade roxas had in the data twilight town didn't belong to him? well, what if the same applies to Terra? His keyblade is quite unusual considering that it dosen't have a keychain. Maybe it belonged to the "true enemy"of the KH series? What do u guys think

O a t h keeper

Musically Promiscuous
That's genius! =O I never would have thought of that. It would definitely be an unexpected twist.

Xemnas's "friend" was in the Room of Sleep, and Xigbar says that Xemnas is looking for the "Room of Awakening" in the hope that the other "friend" is there as well...so, perhaps the other 2 are going through the same thing? Perhaps the technology is based on the power of those two rooms? ¯\(o.o)/

Maybe, if Terra = Xehanort, then having Aqua's armor at the Room of Sleep allows Xemnas to see Aqua's memories, hence how we (may) get to play as her. Ven's armor could be at the Room of Awakening and have the same effect?

Mordecai

And The Hero Fails
Website
www.google.com
ok, i know i may be a newbie & all, but have you ever thought that the keyblade roxas had in the data twilight town didn't belong to him? well, what if the same applies to Terra? His keyblade is quite unusual considering that it dosen't have a keychain. Maybe it belonged to the "true enemy"of the KH series? What do u guys think

The Keyblade in Twilight Town was a creation and part of the simulation, not someone else's.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Not bad, but I don't think Square would use the same plot device in the same series.

~
GreyFox: [slices off Ocelot's arm] Cool, this'll come in handy for a stupid plot device in the future.
~

I'm guessing you played Assassin's Creed lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back