• Regarding KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory Spoilers

    Copies of KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory are out in the wild, which means spoilers are likely to appear at any point. Although this game has very few cutscenes and story content, we still request that users follow our standard spoiler procedures.

    KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory spoiler policy will end on December 13th, 2020.

    Spoiler threads will need to be tagged with the "Spoiler" prefix. Discussion inside of the thread does not need to be put under spoiler tags, so it is at your discretion to use them.

    Spoilers outside of spoiler threads MUST be hidden using the spoiler tag.

    If you do not follow these rules, your account will be banned.

Birth By Sleep Hype Compared to KHII's



REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Which game had you more hyped?


  • Total voters
    74
  • Poll closed .

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Joined
Feb 17, 2006
Messages
13,786
Awards
2
Location
Somewhere with headphones on d-_-b
Website
profile.myspace.com
  • Quack Attack
  • In the Grid
I was just curious...many of us have been waiting for this game for 5 years. As a result, the hype is, understandably, quite high. I don't think I've ever been more anxious to play something. However, I was thinking back to those days when KHII was all I could think about and I'm not too sure about which game I've anticipated more, BBS or KHII. While KHII was a great game, it was also a slight disappointment and its reviews reflected that. But being as excited for it as I was, I simply waved off many of them (including the IGN one) before I played the game and was able to see for myself that some criticisms were legit. This time around it seems to be a different story as the few early reviews that are sprouting up about BBS have nothing but good things to say about the game, so this time my excitement is not only high, but I have very little reason to doubt that the game will be more than worth it in the end, while I began to have my doubts about KHII shortly before I laid hands on it...

In short, which of the two games built up more hype for you; Birth By Sleep or Kingdom Hearts II?
 

Apollo

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2007
Messages
4,309
Awards
0
I was so fucking excited for KH2! And that was a let down lemme tell yah. At this point I'm not as big of a fan of Kingdom Hearts so I'm not as excited for BBS.
 

dlppictures

Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2008
Messages
687
Awards
0
Location
はるかなる故郷
Website
dlppictures.blogspot.dk
The date is October 2005 if I remember correctly.
I had just read an interview, for the upcoming "Kingdom Hearts II" Witch I had been waiting for, for like 2 years.
News were finally starting to come out about the Organization members, and I had saved all the different GIF's I could find from the different trailers. And I just wished that I could play it imedeately.
January 2006 I had spoiled, about 74% of the main plot of the story, as well as seen "Enigmatic Man's" face, few months later with the US release I ended up spoiled another 35 of the remaining 26%, before its EU release.

Since then I swore never to spoil myself that much ever again. Meaning no trailers for games I wanted, no screenshots, no interviews etc.
This was true for FFXII, FFVIICC, KH358/2Days. And as for BBS, I have mostly just, followed the voice cast, and release dates, so I'm not THAT excited about BBS.
 

Kleith

New member
Joined
May 20, 2007
Messages
96
Awards
0
I'm not sure BBS will get super reviews since some lame reviewers already said "the story was too convoluted" and crap like this.

But having done the jap version, I can tell you the game is fantastic. It's for me far better than I expected, I loved it much more than I did like KH 2, which was a let down for me too.

BBS has a great story, great characters (without lame sidekicks), incredible gameplay (best of the series), nice worlds, a lot of things to do, a multiplayer mode ... it's not a stupid X button smasher, it has strategy into the fights, and it also have platforming that is back from KH 1.

So really it's great. Though since it's on PSP, Terra Ven and Aqua visit the same world, so I guess the reviewers will like, say "it's the same story" while it isn't.

So they won't try and won't even get the last episode, secret ending etc... and will judge the length of the game ot be lame while it's over 40 hours to complete it ...
 

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Joined
Feb 17, 2006
Messages
13,786
Awards
2
Location
Somewhere with headphones on d-_-b
Website
profile.myspace.com
  • Quack Attack
  • In the Grid
The date is October 2005 if I remember correctly.
I had just read an interview, for the upcoming "Kingdom Hearts II" Witch I had been waiting for, for like 2 years.
News were finally starting to come out about the Organization members, and I had saved all the different GIF's I could find from the different trailers. And I just wished that I could play it imedeately.
January 2006 I had spoiled, about 74% of the main plot of the story, as well as seen "Enigmatic Man's" face, few months later with the US release I ended up spoiled another 35 of the remaining 26%, before its EU release.

Since then I swore never to spoil myself that much ever again. Meaning no trailers for games I wanted, no screenshots, no interviews etc.
This was true for FFXII, FFVIICC, KH358/2Days. And as for BBS, I have mostly just, followed the voice cast, and release dates, so I'm not THAT excited about BBS.
I think it's truly safe to say that you are going to be VERY pleasantly surprised with the product then.
 

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Joined
Nov 1, 2009
Messages
16,984
Awards
31
  • Ninja'd
  • In the Grid
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX
  • Ever Gentle and Kind
  • Fairest of them All
  • Jiminy's Journal
I wasn't really into KH as much back when KH2 was about to be released, so I'm definitely hyped up more on BBS.
 

Tidus14

New member
Joined
Oct 14, 2009
Messages
271
Awards
0
Age
27
Location
Holland!
I more exited for BBS than kh2. because kh2 cames after a year i beat kh1. ;') and since its been a year since days came out. and for kh2 4 years.. im so exited! i whs i hadnt spoil myself.
 

Dowhax

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2009
Messages
1,139
Awards
0
Age
29
I still had a bigger hype for KH2. I had a hype for bbs, but it was nothing major compared to kh2
 

Takushi Rena

TICK TOCK, KID!
Joined
May 12, 2004
Messages
7,089
Awards
14
Age
13
Website
flynnlives.tumblr.com
  • Retired Staff
  • Disney Royalty
  • Writer of Writers
  • Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy
  • Kingdom Hearts χ[chi]
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX
I was crazy hyped for KH2. Like... squealing. A lot. owo; And probably kinda tearing up when I started KH2. *zomg such a sap sob* I was really hyped up for ReCoM and Days, too, and did lots of stuff to celebrate the games coming out. BbS, however... I'm really excited, but not hyped up as I was for the other games, partially 'cause I'm dealing with lots of stuff right now. But yeah. Definitely hyped, though I dunno if I'll celebrate the game coming out as much as I did with Days. xD; Still... sea-salt ice cream ftw! :3
 

Bebop Blues

Silver Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2005
Messages
5,089
Awards
0
I dunno. I'm not that hyped for this one. I was way more hyped for KH2. I had to have it. BBS, not so much. I mean I'll probably try to buy before Christmas, but I can wait until then.
 

pumpkinhead

New member
Joined
Nov 29, 2009
Messages
395
Awards
1
Age
26
Location
Finland
Website
last.fm
  • News Hound
I wasn't a hardcore fan of KH back then when KHII came out so yeah, BbS has gotten me pretty crazy. But I will be more excited about KHIII, whenever it comes out.
 

Sora The Key

New member
Joined
Nov 12, 2008
Messages
888
Awards
0
Age
30
Location
South Lake Tahoe, CA
Website
www.youtube.com
I remember how excited I was for KHII, I was more excited for KHIIFM for me tho, since I got it. :p.
But, than when BBS got announced, I was WAY more excited for it, since the setting of it, and alot of unsolved mysteries, and even more mysteries to think of, I've been waiting for this game for atleast 3 years, When I got the game in Japanese, I was SO happy. But I am getting more excited for the NA version since it is even more better :D. So I am more hyped for BBS than I was in KHII. But KHIIFM I was more hyped than BBS. Just saying.
 

Z3N

New member
Joined
Jul 29, 2010
Messages
184
Awards
0
Location
I keep finding myself in The World That Never Was.
I picked BBS and I'm trying to understand why...

Over a period of time...
I think it was KH2, I was waiting, then I'd find new info. Then trailers. Then it released. (My mom sucked so much, she made me wait a week to go to GameStop, which killed my energy. >_<)

But as the release date approaches for BBS, I'm literally bouncing up and down, waiting and waiting.
Then again that new boss is reaaaaaaaally making me excited. c:

All in all they balance each other out... 8D
 

Soxas

New member
Joined
Jan 3, 2010
Messages
153
Awards
0
Location
everywhere...
The date is October 2005 if I remember correctly.
I had just read an interview, for the upcoming "Kingdom Hearts II" Witch I had been waiting for, for like 2 years.
News were finally starting to come out about the Organization members, and I had saved all the different GIF's I could find from the different trailers. And I just wished that I could play it imedeately.
January 2006 I had spoiled, about 74% of the main plot of the story, as well as seen "Enigmatic Man's" face, few months later with the US release I ended up spoiled another 35 of the remaining 26%, before its EU release.

Since then I swore never to spoil myself that much ever again. Meaning no trailers for games I wanted, no screenshots, no interviews etc.
This was true for FFXII, FFVIICC, KH358/2Days. And as for BBS, I have mostly just, followed the voice cast, and release dates, so I'm not THAT excited about BBS.
you will be pleased my friend...
 

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Joined
Jul 3, 2010
Messages
4,689
Awards
4
  • Sleeping Dogs
  • Tomb Raider
  • Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX
Well, since I got into KH in 2007, and KH2 already came out, I'm more excited to play BBS than any other game I ever got. It seriously looks like the best KH game ever made. I hope IGN agrees though...
 

Soxas

New member
Joined
Jan 3, 2010
Messages
153
Awards
0
Location
everywhere...
i was so excited about kh2.everytime i saw the commercial for it i would sing the song everytime.everytime i would see brought to you by kingdom hearts 2 on a tv channel i would get so excited and get ready to sing sanctuary again.but i think bbs will be different not as in being less excited in fact ill just say it right now i was more hyped for bbs.i really cant explain it but for some reason i know itll be a different type of excitement probably something like everytime i see the commercial ill play song on my phone that was just on the commercial over and over again.basically what im saying this type of momentum and excitement and waiting will not go to waste once i press x on my psp.
 

LordPhantomhive

New member
Joined
Aug 29, 2010
Messages
438
Awards
2
Location
Somewhere of course.
  • Rising Star
  • Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
Not sure how much excited I was for KHII, but I know that I had wanted it since I became a KH fan by then so I probably was pretty excited. I think I been more hyped for Birth by Sleep through, and kinda funny it going to be the first KH game I be getting day one.
 

Fortissimo

New member
Joined
Feb 18, 2010
Messages
833
Awards
0
Age
27
Location
Dead in a gorge.
Right before KHII had come out was the hight of my Kingdom Hearts fandom, so I was super excited for KHII. If i can remember correctly, when the day finally came for it to be released, walked in the door after school saw it placed nicely on the table with a card from my mother AND the game guide. I screamed and held it with my own hands, it was something else, like I was holding the pure essence of happiness in my mortal hands. Played it from 3:00 to 11:00 that day, and continued to play that long until I beat it. Then after that, my fandom declined for the Kh series. I am growing more and more excited for BbS as the release date gets closer.
 
Top