• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Birth By Sleep -Final Mix- in Weekly Famitsu, full translation.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

krexia

Translator
Awards
The Famitsu Website has now confirmed all the details that were posted in this blog yesterday. Here's a translation of the page:

---------

"Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep" was released in January 2010. This version is "BbS Final Mix", which uses the North American version as a base and has new features added. Here we introduce some new enemies, commands and minigames!

s301_SMd9VtJDK98fc91VP2M652G8MWf81J51.jpg
s311_GuMAt77owCyrc5916D65f6Y6BHBM2H1j.jpg
s321_fWA562pCy32Vu6oWEL8Ec8HJ2Jr9gvLO.jpg

A "Peter Pan" board is added to the Command Board minigame, where you can get new commands or power them up. Neverland is the setting for the board, and you can play against Peter Pan and Captain Hook.

s302_way92JX6uQ82D7XLKfm4VJZEXWB4419a.jpg
s312_dXS5o62324Q2avDg622tV143qJ1q2t86.jpg
s322_KSe79s6foi7q7sArnbpZfQEILv1iV6O3.jpg

Rhythmic Ice-Cream is a rhythm action game where you try to press buttons in time with the demonstration. A new song has been added to this minigame. In "BbS" you could play 2 songs, but several songs are being added to "BbS FM".

[[TBC - image limit]]

s113_rYYdePmc8tSQ7Ql93W3Usv1GL673cZyQ.jpg

New commands have been added to the Friend Commands you can use in Arena Mode. "Illusion L" is a command that lets you transform into the plant-like Unversed, Lunching Plant. While you're transformed, your commands are changed to characteristic Unversed moves.

s114_YAuhH9V15tH3n71mSkdKuhq78u662i8D.jpg

With Illusion D you transform into the giant-bodied Diet Tank. This Unversed repels all attacks to its front, and has powerful attacks. But its movements are slow, and it's weak to attacks from behind. Don't get surrounded!

●Battle a giant whale in the ocean!

A new mission, "Monster of the Deep" has been added to Arena Mode, where you can play cooperatively with several players. Here you can fight the giant whale "Monstro" from "Pinocchio". Will you be able to defeat Monstro in this stage out of the first "Kingdom Hearts" title!?

s305_QBgr259xsFumpokD7572Keg9V5qD3RQT.jpg
s315_IK1q83o8O7773BjKYY2eVpnf5H14yy4a.jpg
s325_UHs8G8a2yfpL9D2iLq8a6QbZ34YDO9X7.jpg

You only have 3 minutes to battle Monstro. If three minutes pass, you'll be swallowed up by Monstro. If you defeat all the enemy Unversed in his stomach you'll be able to escape, but if another 3 minutes pass you'll be swallowed up again. Each time you're swallowed, there's more stomach acid, which lowers your HP if you touch it!

---------

There's also a double-page spread in this week's Famitsu. There's not a lot in the scan that's not said on the website, but it does reveal a little more information about the Illusion commands:

Transform into an Unversed with Friend Commands!

New commands have been added to the Friend Commands you can use in Arena Mode. This time we're revealing two Commands named "Illusion". It seems like there will be more new Illusion-type commands.

Illusion L

With Illusion L, you transform into the plant-like Unversed, Lunching Plant. While you're transformed, your Commands will change to characteristic Unversed moves. So you'll be able to do that annoying long-range move the Lunching Plant does, yourself?!

Attack powerful enemies using your enemies' power!
[screenshots] While transformed, your D-Link gauge becomes the Illusion gauge. When the gauge reaches 0, you return to your previous form.

Commands visible in screenshots: Dig/Resurface, Return. Basic command: Fight. Finish command: Poison Attack.

Illusion D

With Illusion D, you transform into the giant-bodied Diet Tank. This is an Unversed that repels every attack it receives from the front, and has powerful attacks. But its movements are slow and it's weak to attacks on its back. Don't get surrounded!

[top left screen] You're surrounded by a triangular light to transform! You can attack enemies a little distance away with smoke bombs.

[middle right screen] Fully loaded with techniques that really focus on power, like Back Drop and Jet Rush. You can look for a way to get around that's different from normal.

Blow away enemies with your powerful body!

Commands visible in screenshots: Back Drop, Return. Basic command: Smoke Bomb. Finish command: Jet Rush.

THE GAME

So it looks like for the Monstro battle the water is as annoying as it was in Neverland, forcing you to swim back to land. That's really going to suck.

Absent axel

They had stomach acid that hurt you in the fight against parasite cage in Monstro KH1.

A bit too late not to add it. :p

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I agree The Monstro fight looks interesting but I think the acid might be a little much I mean this is a kids game were talking about.

The acid was in KH1 as well. I don't see how it's a bad thing, considering there really is acid in stomachs, and how BBS is rated E10+.

Wow so we can even change into Unversed now which totally fits with my Vens parents are Unversed theroy.

Uh...okay then. So, you're excited to be able to turn into an Unversed, is what I'm getting from your post o.o

CreativeGenius13

So it looks like for the Monstro battle the water is as annoying as it was in Neverland, forcing you to swim back to land. That's really going to suck.

Based on the shot with "Magic Type Armor" (Aqua), you might be able to walk on water. I guess that mostly because we can't see through the water.

Sadie808

So when is Nomura going to talk about/revealing The ELS battle? ;]
I can`t wait to face monstro!

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Alternate unversed colours which we all saw coming are nice. Glad to see that, apart from the ES fight there's nothing that is really good that we're missing out on. Not that I'm worried anyway, I love my copy of BBS

Multi_Skyscraper

Awards
Yup, so far most of the info we've seen on the Final Mix implies that not much storywise has been added, just a bunch of interesting extra commands (the illusions) and the extra boss battles. Me, I'm glad. If they had done something like, say, add a Mickey-story mode where we saw what Mickey was doing all this time, I would have thrown my hands to the skies in despair of being robbed of such delicious content for the US version.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Yup, so far most of the info we've seen on the Final Mix implies that not much storywise has been added, just a bunch of interesting extra commands (the illusions) and the extra boss battles. Me, I'm glad. If they had done something like, say, add a Mickey-story mode where we saw what Mickey was doing all this time, I would have thrown my hands to the skies in despair of being robbed of such delicious content for the US version.

the space would have been WAY to small for that anyway

like everyone say, it's not that special

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
whta up on the new final ending? i heard its redonr in cgi thats all i hope its true

Key to Truth

Awards

What? You sure don't know they are getting the "Secret Episode". We still don't know who we will play as in that episode, but playing it will unlock the new secret ending for sure.

washi95

Being able to turn into Unversed, 'ey? That will be a fun gameplay element. I get the feeling they'll add a few more songs than the English version to the Ice-Cream making mini-game in Final Mix. Can't wait to VS Monstro, the battle looks really fun.
whta up on the new final ending? i heard its redonr in cgi thats all i hope its true
What? When you say 'final' do you mean the ending in the Final episode, or the secret ending? Nothings been confirmed for both other than the fact that there will be a new secret ending/movie in Final Mix.

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
Just popping in for a minute to tell those non-believers I TOLD YOU SO. After hearing about the stuff we got, I said/ figured a BBS FM was inevitable. I just now checked the news, so please don't yell at me for not knowing until just now. Wow, it seems Monstro's gotten much smaller. I wish this meant the world was getting thrown in there, but that would probably screw up the canon, since Pinocchio is still a puppet in KH1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back