• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Birth by Sleep: A massive piece of Fridge Brilliance

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vice

SF
Awards
Website
www.myspace.com
There's this creepy cave area close to the end of the game.
If you go into first person view and look at the wall you'll see the castle from Castle of Dreams, some forest scenery that clearly draws inspiration from Enchanted Dominion, and Snow White's cottage from Dwarf Woodlands.

Ah Okay, I see what your talking about. Used to speculate about what those castles were so long ago

A

Artorius Rex

Nomura probably leaves these things open for the fans to guess. The Dead Skin is most likely correct.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
If this is true, I give Nomura way more credit as a story writer.

Allister Rose

French Lover
sometimes but he would usually say it himself. still....i don't agree 100% on it, but i still see it as apossibility

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I remember a long time ago I had the idea that maybe Sora was KH.
Now that doesn't seem very far-fetched.
Honestly, I don't see how the χ-Blade's Keychain looking like the Keys to Heaven can be a coincident.
That'd be a pretty big coincidence...

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Honestly, I don't see how the χ-Blade's Keychain looking like the Keys to Heaven can be a coincident.

The χ-blade's Keychain, and the Kingdom Keys themselves. (I wouldn't be surprised if the Keys to Heaven were taken as a reference originally just because Nomura liked the design of the Keys' teeth, and it spiraled from there XD; )

Nomura certainly likes his somewhat-contextually-appropriate Catholic symbolism, though. TWEWY might not be the best example since it's got a bit of What Do You Mean It's Not Symbolic? going on, but the end of Advent Children certainly counts, what with Cloud "baptizing" Denzel to wash away his Geostigma in Aerith's church.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I remember a long time ago I had the idea that maybe Sora was KH.
Now that doesn't seem very far-fetched.

What would the X-Blade have to do with Sora being Kingdom Hearts? I still don't get why people believe Sora would "become" Kingdom Hearts. That'd be like if Jesus "became" heaven. (since we're on the subject of referencing religion)

Allister Rose

French Lover
What would the X-Blade have to do with Sora being Kingdom Hearts? I still don't get why people believe Sora would "become" Kingdom Hearts. That'd be like if Jesus "became" heaven. (since we're on the subject of referencing religion)

i wouldn't say a literal KH, just a symbolical KH

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
as described in kh2 and days the hearts would sewn together to make KH. what if all the people's hearts is connected to sora and help make him a KH?

...To be honest, I still don't like the idea. Maybe it's because of the fact that Nomura said Sora is "meant to be a normal boy who isn't special so that people can relate to him" but, hey, that's just me.

Allister Rose

French Lover
...To be honest, I still don't like the idea. Maybe it's because of the fact that Nomura said Sora is "meant to be a normal boy who isn't special so that people can relate to him" but, hey, that's just me.

i'm just describing a possible way, plus i can still see it even if he is normal.

but i'm not agreeing to it, i think it's probable, but i don't think it should happen either. i use to think so, but now i don't

lilVon

live, laugh, lobotomy
Awards
I remember reading that first one from TV Tropes. But all of them are really interesting. ^_^
Gotta love TV Tropes.

I agree with The Dead Skin, that's really offensive, not to mention uncalled for. :/

lol lighten up im a christian & i thought it was pretty funny!

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
I remember reading the first one on tvtropes as well (spend like, half my surftime over there nowadays)

I always saw something in those caves and this makes sense to me. I'm only hoping that Nomura isn't going to go overboard with the christian symbolism in the next couple of games.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
I don't see how Sora is anything like KH

KH= The heart of ALL hearts, including Sora's.

Sora= The boy who can connect his heart to anyone, yet only connects it to his friends.

Those are two completely different things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back