• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Biggest mystery in the KH series.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
WHY DOESN'T MICKEY SAVE YOU IN THE DEMYX FIGHT?! Is he all, "I told him to leave, he deserves this,"? I mean, he can save me when he's not even there story wise (beast castle, land of dragons) but when he's literally at the top of the ledge, nope. forget it. This makes no sense!

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
You and all of us are very frustrated with Demyx, friend! How many times did he say "Dance, water, Dance!" right before I got his last bar down to zero and I ended up losing in master form?! EVERY TIME!

Mavxo

Awards
My absolute first play through of the game I was stuck on him for days maybe even over a week! I could never get all the dancers in time! :mad:

Noel

Awards
Wisdom/Master Form. Spam Firaga, have lots uve' ethers, and get all the fireboosts you can carry.

As for King Mickey. Even if he were playable, his fighting style is nearly impossible against mobile water dancers since one press uve' the attack button will have you use a four hit combo which will already kill the dancer, but you'll be animation locked till its over wasting few seconds meaning death.

TIME TO SHOWER! DANCE WATER DANCE

Rosebudx

Awards
I'm pretty sure Mickey is getting control of his feels. He comes down afterwards and says he was wrong and they should all work together, etc. etc.

On a related note, as I was looking for that scene to ascertain what went down after Demyx kicks it, I found this video and I just have to share it because it is too perfect.

[video=youtube;T67JP4Lhevo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T67JP4Lhevo[/video]

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Regardless of any in-universe reasons, Mickey not appearing for the Demyx-fight may also be attributed to the fact that this fight is not considered to be difficult enough by the developers.

Many people have problems with this battle, yes, but that's entirely due to artificial difficulty with the timed segments. Mickey wouldn't even be useful for these as he certainly can't destroy the water clones faster than Sora can.

Without the timed water clone segments, Demyx isn't even that hard of a fight.

Venx

Mickey not appearing for the Demyx-fight may also be attributed to the fact that this fight is not considered to be difficult enough by the developers.

if mickey only appears in really hard fights, i don't get why he appeares in the lava & icetwin fight in agrabah.

Xera Highwind

That fight actually isn't hard at all. The reaction command comes up after the clones take one hit. So attack once, use rc and it kills most clones on screen. Quite simple, right?

Emperor

I found Demyx to be more difficult outside of his water clone game, and even then thunder gives you the edge in most of the situations he puts you in.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
The biggest mystery should really be what happened when you couldn't kill all the water clones in time? I mean it's just over for no particular reason lol.

But yeah spamming fire worked well for me when I take out the clones.

Hovhannes1998

First of all, to answer your question:

In universe- I think Mickey pretty much thought that with the three of them (Sora, Donald, and Goody) against Demyx wouldn't be a problem. Honestly, Mickey is really smart, and he probably knew Demyx wasn't much a fighter. The only thing with this hypothesis is that Mickey didn't know for sure what enemy Sora would face, so I propose the following: Mickey went after Sora, but he saw that it was just Demyx, so he went ahead. Tell me what you think about this.

Out of universe- I agree pretty much with what Sephiroth0812 said. It really would be far more difficult with Mickey than it is with Sora.

One last thing. I know how everyone feels about this fight because it would give me a really hard time as a kid, but after I got 2.5 when it came out and played it, Demyx only did the Water thing one time. Any reasons why this might happen? I was really happy then :)

dlppictures

Awards
Website
dlppictures.blogspot.dk
In-universe: Mickey was so adamant about SDG leaving the battle to him and the FF gang, so when SDG jumped past him and into the fight itself he was caught by surprise for a moment, afterwards he followed after them, but when he caught up to them they had already defeated Demyx. (That is my head canon)

Real-world: What Sephiroth0812 said. The battle really is not that difficult, unless you a playing a low level challenge, which was not the original intent for the game. The Water clones really are what most people have difficulty with, due to having to defeat 10 clones in 10 seconds, but with the timer increased to 15 seconds in FM, the fight litterally just got even easier.
I personally never found the water clones a real problem, when they are summoned I have usually dispatched them all within 5 seconds, so the only time I have ever had any real trouble with this fight was during my level 1 playthrough, took me nearly 4 hours to beat him, but I digress.

One last thing. I know how everyone feels about this fight because it would give me a really hard time as a kid, but after I got 2.5 when it came out and played it, Demyx only did the Water thing one time. Any reasons why this might happen? I was really happy then :)
That move is not an obligatory move during the story, if you can either defeat Demyx fast enough, or know how to loop him, he will never call forth his water clones. In your 2.5 playthrough you just managed to defeat him before he could summon a second time. Congrats :D

Ven_Roxas

Awards
How do you dodge the homing water spout? And I beat him once then died in the next section and when you hit continue, you have to beat demyx again

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
How do you dodge the homing water spout? And I beat him once then died in the next section and when you hit continue, you have to beat demyx again

Oh my god this is the worst part EVER in a lvl 1 run...I hate it so much.

Anyways, Mickey saving you, to me, was really always just gameplay-wise, never storywise. Thus I never wondered why he doesnt help xD

Ven_Roxas

Awards
I know it's been almost 2 months, but how do you dodge the friggin homing water spout?

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
two words.

dickey. mouse.

edit: didnt see your post lol, was replying to subject. evade and dodge roll are your best friends but i don't remember if you have limit form at that point yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back