• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Big Hero 6 confirmed for Kingdom Hearts 3!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
i think toy and frozen are going annouced d23 on november 3 for forzen big japn hit so come on that a given and also toy story well nomura alays wanted in kh since the first game and with this being the 20th anniverstly they going annouce it there as for retuning i think agrabah will be shown in november along with maybe destiny islands

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Xehanort corrupts him? Didn't they just say the darkness corrupts him?

They said "the antagonist" corrupts him. I guess I'm assuming it's Xehanort, since the villain from Big Hero 6 won't be in the world, due to the events in the game occurring after the movie's villain is stopped.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Goes without saying but I am so glad that Disney is getting more involved in this game compared to the others. Hopefully that means more faithful representations of the characters and better writing in the worlds. Big Hero 6 was a pretty awesome movie and the aesthetics are something we haven't seen in the series before so I'm looking forward to it. I know Frozen kind of seems like the obvious choice for D23 Japan which is kind of why I don't want them to reveal it there. I kind of just want them to keep the world a secret until the game releases so it surprises me more.
Better just disconnect the internet because they don't leave any Disney world a secret :/

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Better just disconnect the internet because they don't leave any Disney world a secret :/

Yeah especially a world like Frozen since Frozen is so big, that will no doubt attract some people to being able to explore Arendalle. Let's just hope it's not a musical world...

Alpha Sonix

In that case I guess they may as well get the obvious out of the way. I'd take something surprising along with it though like Treasure Planet or Jungle Book.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Do they usually keep the non-Disney worlds a secret? This is pretty much my first time to follow an unreleased KH game this closely.

Alpha Sonix

Do they usually keep the non-Disney worlds a secret? This is pretty much my first time to follow an unreleased KH game this closely.

I wonder the same. Does anyone remember if Timeless River was announced as a world before KH2 came out?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Nope, all the worlds will eventually have their own reveal.

I wonder the same. Does anyone remember if Timeless River was announced as a world before KH2 came out?

Timeless River debuted in a trailer shown at the Square Enix Party 2005.

Last edited:

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
guy i though each new world being annouced has something new tat comming up like the tangles has tangled tv sceries and big hero 6 has big hero 7 that might come out in 2017 so what disney and square are using kh3 to prote the new stuff

Morgenstern

Awards
Dark Baymax axtualy makes sense.

Think abut it, what is darkness buy hate and rage? anger and despair? Now what did Hiro insert into Baymax, wnad was what left in the old body when baymax left its other chip, its core personality to Hiro?

Baymax may have become a heartless...

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Dark Baymax axtualy makes sense.

Think abut it, what is darkness buy hate and rage? anger and despair? Now what did Hiro insert into Baymax, wnad was what left in the old body when baymax left its other chip, its core personality to Hiro?

Baymax may have become a heartless...

TBH, that's a possible direction I was expecting should they decide to make an actual Big Hero 6 sequel. Original Baymax with the red chip revived and returned in some manner.

kupo1121

Awards
guy i though each new world being annouced has something new tat comming up like the tangles has tangled tv sceries and big hero 6 has big hero 7 that might come out in 2017 so what disney and square are using kh3 to prote the new stuff

I would say it works both ways but I don't think Tangled was announced at E3 to promote the Tangled TV series which is a ways off. Likewise, Big Hero 7 is a long ways off so I don't think they really have any connection. By the time Big Hero 7 comes out, people won't be like "Oh wow! I just heard about this being a world in Kingdom Hearts" since it'll be at least 2 years from now.

Of course, announcing any world helps promote that movie and any movie in Kingdom Hearts can help promote KH, it works.

Alpha Sonix

Yeah, it was.

Ah, okay, I honestly couldn't remember it being advertised. Well, there's no way to avoid unless I disconnect the internet like you said so looks like I'm in it for the long run. And in other news I just bought Big Hero 6 on Blu-Ray so if this was a marketing ploy it's working really well.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
I am so excitebike for this. I was not expecting this to be one of the first world's announced, and the possible plots that could happen have me even more excited. I am so glad to see the worlds will be having original plots that can actually tie in to the actual game. They did it well with Halloween Town in KH1 and 2, and Olympus Coliseum in BbS (just to give a few examples), so I am so hyped. Makes me wonder if maybe Xehanort will also have something to do with the Titans being let out in OC and such.

Also maybe Tr3n will finally live on in KH3. Pls revive Tron SE. I'm still fully convinced Tron 2 happened because KH2 really popularized Tron again (even though there was a pretty hardcore fanbase even before KH2).

That's it!? Ugh, rip off. I wanted original KH stuff

158601-Big-Hero-6-Gogo-Tomago-Bubbleg-R7mg.gif

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Welp, I still have yet to see Big Hero 6...and Tangled...and Wreck-It-Ralph...and - y'know what, I'm just gonna stop.

Anyways, I was super excited to hear about this, slowdown and all! This was literally the only way that I would accept anything even remotely associated with Marvel in Kingdom Hearts 3 and they delivered beautifully. I may have not seen the movie in its entirety, but I at least have read a sort of Cliff Notes version of it which really just means I looked it up on TV Tropes several months back. From what I can understand, the story lend itself well to the Kingdom Hearts series. The fact that they are actually FORGOING a copy-paste interpretation of the world as many have done in the past and creating something new as a sequel tale to the original is just...wow. It's freaking amazing!

kupo1121

Awards
That's it!? Ugh, rip off. I wanted original KH stuff

I would consider this a HUGE step in the right direction. Sure it may not be Disney saying "we're giving you everything you ever wanted" but think about the progress it means. This is Disney OFFICIALLY INCLUDING Kingdom Hearts as a property in a game that includes all of their most popular franchises (many less popular Disney films have not made the cut yet and Kingdom Hearts has).

I mean, we have to remember that back in 2001 when Kingdom Hearts came out and failed to sell well in the Disney parks, Disney kind of discounted it as a property and let Square Enix handle it mostly but didn't really get involved. Now they are making their own limited edition merchandise annually (this year finally releasing a pin at their biggest pin event), allowing Kingdom Hearts at their biggest conventions (both in the US and JPN), allowing Kingdom Hearts events to be hosted on their property, AND now including Kingdom Hearts in their properties. This is HUGE! Now Kingdom Hearts is at the conventions, park events, in the park, and in their games. LET'S KEEP THE BALL ROLLING GUYS! Who knows what could be next?!?!? My dream is to get Kingdom Hearts a small piece in their parks...I don't care where, I just want a little bit of real Kingdom Hearts somewhere in my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back