• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Betwixt + Between

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
At my house with Riku, Saix, and Zexion, rocking t
Oh my God, that son of a bitch Aoi needs to die a horrible death!!! Part of me right now wants to jump into the computer, find Aoi, slit his throat in cold blood, and dump his dead body in a vat of acid. Sorry about the tirade, but what he just did to Rena was totally dispicable. Oh well, even though he is evil and crazy, I still love him; I love crazy badasses. Well, it was good to see Namine, and she told Ven the truth; the truth is always a good thing. I so can't wait for Ven to find Aoi and Rena; maybe Ven can slit Aoi's throat for me. Anyway, enough of my crazy rambling, great job, and I look forward to more.

Raynie

a Mean cycle, Sir
Website
zombiekunoichi.deviantart.com
Lmao, I never post here, I should more often D: -salutes-

ANYWAY. That was a brilliant chapter. :D I really loved the other one, with the knife clanging to the floor bit in it. It really added to the suspense and (don't kick me for this) was kind of funny. But not in a "this-totally-ruined-the-moment-way", I swear. xD

Also, crazy badasses will forever be awesome. :D

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Thankies for the comments! :D

TwilightRiku... ZOMG THANK YEW. D| I know saying for all of that stuff to happen to him is absolutely horrible, but if you're saying all of that, then he must be a good villain. XD: Thank yewwwww!

HI RAYNIEEEE :D *waves* Yosh, you should read it on here more often >:O I put bonus stuff! (...sometimes. okay that bonus bit was the only bonus bit i've posted so far <.<;) And thank yewwww! Yay that part was funny xD; I think that's good? At least there's something silly in this story. (i suck at comedy D: ack)

Yay! Thank yew Lectori! :3 Fweeeee Ven (...or roxas. darn you name changes) is being cute <3

Here's the next bit! And, just a warning ahead of time: I might have to put this on hiatus for a week or so. DDD: I don't want to! But chapter 15's REALLY crappy and being a pain in the butt. Everything else is going pretty smoothly, though. ANYWHOOOO. Enjoy!

-----------------------

Caution etched into his clicking footsteps. Slow and steady, he edged out of the portal and into the room.

A room cloaked in darkness, the only light from a yellow light on a nearby wall. The buzzing sound from it etched into his ears. His teeth slid back and forth harshly over each other.

There was a disturbance: motion. His intense blue orbs locked onto the mass off to the side. The shape of a person, looking edgy as it waded through empty cardboard boxes. It stopped, dropping something lightly before it turned away.

A twist of light appeared out of nothing, feeling secure in Ven's grasp. His knuckles became flushed.

The shadow shook, looking rigid as it stepped away from the wall. Intense green orbs set on the boy, like headlights.

"Oh..." there was a hint of dread in that cocky, teenaged voice. "Looks like ya found me."

The key slid up through the air, stable as it stared straight at the teen.

"Where's Rena?"

A low, animalistic hiss rumbled in the teen's throat. "Mine..."

Ven edged closer. His weapon itched to slash at the sadistic Nobody as the boy drew closer to him.

"Where is she?"

A chuckle echoed through his teeth. His combat boots slid back.

"Hearts are funny little things, aren't they?" There came a small, hollow slam, his hand twitching as it tempted to dig into the wall. "You can have one. You can know it's there... You hear it thumping in your ears or feel it in your throat. It's there and you know it."

Ven's footsteps grew harsher. He didn't dare take his eyes off of the man.

That man started grinning, pearly white canines shining in the dim light and darkness. "So, how is it that a person can be a Nobody when they've got a heart inside of them?"

Ven's brow furrowed. "Are you mocking me?"

"Oh, no no..." His finger shook, swaying side to side. He made a small 'tsk-tsk' noise. "You've got it backwards. If I were mocking you... I'd wonder why you're angsting so damn much over a freakin' name."

A growl rumbled in the boy's throat.

"Where is Rena?"

No answer. He stepped closer. He raised his weapon.

"Where?!"

Closer... closer.

He could see the man's smile. That wicked, sadistic smile. His laugh echoed in the boy's ears, taunting him.

"Tell me!"

It dove through the air. It tempted to hit flesh.

It found a wall instead.

SLAM!

But no man. No taunting man. Ven snarled and pulled his weapon away from the wall.

"You coward!"

His blue orbs dug through the darkness, finding nothing but empty boxes.

"Coward?!"

Ven tempted to breathe in. It wouldn't come. It couldn't come! His hands twitched. He tempted to snap onto his bony grasp, but no avail. He choked, stumbling for breath.

He stared into those psychotic green eyes.

"I'm not a coward, you brat!"

"Nngh!"

His back slid across the floor. His head slammed into the wall. The boy hissed but never looked away from the man darting around.

There came a flash of silver.

"If anyone's the coward, it should be you!"

Ven's hands slid across the ground, his shoes following. He found himself at his feet and suddenly went scrambling away.

"Runnin' away like that!"

BANG!

Ven's chest nearly slammed into the ground as he dodged the gun's blast.

"Wimp!"

BANG!

"Freakin' wimp!"

The boy rolled, digging under a mound of empty boxes. He slid under the base of the mountain, hearing a keen slice through the air.

"Come on out, blondie!"

SWISH!

"Come on!"

The echo of a boot slamming against the hollow boxes etched into his ears. He took in sharp intakes of breath. One right after the other. Over. And over.

He hadn't hid away to be a coward. The blonde-haired boy started to crawl, searching for that one thing.

Where was it? Naminé said 'them'. Two. It wasn't just Aoi there. It couldn't have been!

"What's the point of stabbing you if I can't see it happen? Get OUT here!"

No! Not yet. His knees slid across the grungy, grey titles. He crawled with haste, speeding quick as if he were running on his two feet.

He felt a hand. A finger as it laid aimlessly on the floor. He sat up straight and reached up a hand, to pull away the large, empty box.

It tumbled to the floor with a small clatter. His eyes softened.

"Rena..."

For a moment, he felt like he was staring at a young sibling that he had failed to protect. She laid against the wall, fast asleep. Safe in an odd tent of boxes. He knew that if he tried to wake her up, she wouldn't budge. It was pointless.

His hand curled around her thin arm and he slid the sleeping girl towards him. Arms over his shoulders, she laid against his back. Snoozing silently all the while. He pulled up her knees and rose up from the pile of boxes.

"There you are!"

He saw the enigma licking his lips in the dim, yellow light. Ven snarled.

"Where's her heart?!" He knew Aoi wouldn't give it back so easily.

"Why give it back?" A snicker echoed in his throat. "If I give it... I won't have this shiny toy anymore!"

Ven's orbs grew wide. His fist started to turn white.

"How?"

"Because I have it."

Ven blinked. Once. Twice. How could such a thing have happened? Why did he have it?

The boy stared in doubt at the weapon in Aoi's grasp: Rena's keyblade. A snarl rumbled in his throat.

"It's a fake."

"No. Not a fake at all." The gauntly man swung the weapon, twisting it in the air. "You have the heart of a keyblade wielder, master or not, and you wield their weapon. The freakin' thing doesn't know the difference!"

Ven furrowed his brow, staring at the weapon. He remembered: Rena claimed that it spoke to her.

"No, it's smarter than that."

"It's a weapon. It can't think."

"Of course it can." He found himself stepped closer, cautious. "It can talk, too. Don't you hear it?"

Aoi scoffed. "No. Man, you're crazier than I am."

"Tell that to her," Ven motioned to Rena.

The man said nothing. He only stared at the unconscious girl that hung onto Ven's back. A smirk started to crawl onto his features.

"Oh... this keyblade's a li'l weirder than I thought..."

He raised the weapon, pointing it at Ven. "What else can ya do? Can you open doors? Can you defeat Heartless? Can you seal keyholes?

"Can you... kill him?" It sat there aimlessly in his grasp. But the weapon started to motion up and down, as if nodding. Aoi's smirk shifted into a grin.

"That's what I thought."

"Nngh!" Ven jerked back, sliding across the floor. The weapon came at him. He almost dodged it.

"Coward!" Aoi's voice was distant now. Ven took off the other way.

"I'm not a coward!"

"You're running! Freakin' COWARD!"

The running ceased. Ven knew he was searching around for him in the darkness. His intense blue orbs gazed around, catching sight of a silhouette.

"Come out..."

There were footsteps, light quick footsteps. Barely noticeable.

A box tumbled. Aoi followed. His combat boots sliding against the grimy floor, stomping and pounding. He found his prey. A wicked grin of delight pressed into his features.

He would get his prize: the boy's blood splattered all over the walls.

"Rrgh!"

Suddenly, everything got dark, pitch black dark. Something slammed into his head: something light! He scoffed.

"Gotta be kiddin' me!" his voice was muffled.

With a kick of his head, the box went flying. It crashed onto one of the boy's spikes, just as intense blue orbs locked onto emerald green ones.

Ven's hand was locked onto the outer handle of the keyblade.

Aoi slammed in his elbow into the boy, knocking him back. He whirled around and, suddenly, slammed his foot into the boy's chest.

"Nngh!"

Ven slammed to the ground. Rena laid on the ground a distance away, face-first into the grimy floor.

The keyblade slammed next to his neck. Aoi bent down, hovering over the snarling boy.

"Oh, dilemma..." the enigma tapped his chin. "Did you really think that you were going to stop me with a freakin' box?"

"No." A firm frown was planted into the boy's face. "But I've got ideas."

Aoi gave a snicker. "I'd like to hear one of 'em."

"Wouldn't you like to see one instead?"

"So I can crush it and you? Sure."

A smirk formed on Ven's features. "Have at."

Ven positioned his arm in front of him. A swirl of light came.

Aoi froze, feeling the keyblade slam between his legs. Right in that place where nothing should ever be slammed into.

A choke ripped through his throat. As he cringed and slid, his grip tensing on the key, Ven acted: grabbing his cloak pocket and snatching the object out.

The boy slid out and jumped up, slamming his shoe into the man's stomach.

He grinned, waving the blue heart in front of Aoi as he fell back. "Thanks."

"You brat!" Aoi scrambled up, cringing and cursing.

Ven took off. Rushing over to Rena. He refused to let her heart go.

He grabbed her, hoisting her up by her arm, and concentrated on the floor.

Aoi raced closer, knife now at hand. A wicked grin was planted on his features.

"Let's see what happens when I rip your head off!"

But Ven concentrated. It had to work! It had to!

A spark. It crept beneath his feet.

Aoi wouldn't let them get away. He couldn't! He slammed forwards, raising his knife. He thrust it through the air, thrusting it towards the boy. Right towards his heart.

CLANG!

The knife fell to the ground with a clatter.

Aoi stared at the wisps of darkness that faded back into the floor.

Ven used a portal, like he had done many times before.

--------​

The portal spit them out on the other side of it: not in that stupid fortress. Not in a hallway. Not in a stupid room filled with boxes.

But a town. A warm, familiar town. The sweet scent of coffee from the café filled his nostrils. The warm, yellow-orange glow of the lanterns filled him with warmth.

Traverse Town.

"We're back..." a sigh of relief escaped through his open mouth. "Rena, we're back..."

He stared at the girl as she laid aimlessly in his grasp. In his opposite hand was that dear object: her heart. For a moment, the blonde boy held it up, studying it. It was weird for a heart: blue, crystal, and empty. Broken strings laid limply at the edges of it.

Well, a heart's a heart.

He placed it over Rena's chest. A sudden feeling of warmth etched into his fingertips. The heart warmed up.

Then it slammed into her chest.

"Ahh!"

Rena jolted up, eyes snapped open. Her back suddenly slammed into the ground. She slid away, staring down. Taking in sharp intakes of breath.

She stared at the cobblestone ground. Her breathing slowed, growing slower and slower by the minute.

Her deep blue orbs darted over to Ven. She stared at him, blinking. Almost as if she had suddenly forgot who he was then just remembered.

"You okay?" the boy furrowed his brow.

Rena grabbed her arms, rubbing them rapidly. Her knees pulled themselves to her chest.

"Y-Yeah..." her teeth were chattering mildly. "C-cold..."

Ven grabbed her arm and hoisted her up from the ground, standing up straight. He did a double take, realizing that her arm was like ice.

"C'mon," He threw his arm around her back, stepping forwards.

Rena followed his order, stepping along briskly. She zipped up her vest and threw her hood over her head.

Ven's intense orbs darted around the First District. There was something odd about it: it seemed still and quiet. Was anyone there?

They had to be! But the town seemed so quiet. Where did everybody go?

A tap on his shoulder.

Ven jumped, eyes wide. Taking in sharp intakes of breath. He slowed to a stop and gazed around.

SLAM!

The boy suddenly went stumbling back, his cheek throbbing. His eyes snapped onto the offender as he rubbed his cheek.

"What was that for?!"

"For taking off, you idiot!"

Raynie had folded her arms, her mako blue orbs staring at the boy. Her brow furrowed, she worn a harsh frown.

"Do you know how damn worried I've been 'bout you guys?!"

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
Holy cow, that was totally awesome!!! I absolutely loved the fight scene between Ven and Aoi; that was totally epic. My favorite part was when Aoi got hit in the testicles; he totally deserved that. So, Rena has her heart back now, but does she have her keyblade back? I mean, Aoi took it, and it seemed like he still had it when Ven got them out of that hellhole. Oh well, she has her heart back, which means her keyblade has to come back, right? I think that sounds right. And, on another good note, the gang is all back together again; that is awesome. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to the next update.

Akans

&#12300;moriya&#12301;
Oh my God, that son of a bitch Aoi needs to die a horrible death!!! Part of me right now wants to jump into the computer, find Aoi, slit his throat in cold blood, and dump his dead body in a vat of acid. Sorry about the tirade, but what he just did to Rena was totally dispicable.
Join Rena's ToA. You can beat him up there :p

Ven should be a heart surgeon. He'll be a miracle worker.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yay! Thankies for the comments! :D

TwilightRiku: ...oh gosh i actually feel bad for him. probably because he's my character. xD; But YAY FOR HIM DESERVING THAT. I hope I wrote it right DD: And, yeah, she does have her keyblade back: if Aoi had her heart still, he'd have it... but since he does, it automatically goes back to Rena. IT'S SUCH A SMART KEYBLADE <3 *huggles eet*

Akans: YOSH. Then she can beat up on Aoi-kun... who will probably run and go 'WHOAWHOAWHOA I DON'T FIGHT >:\ I walk this way. Walk this wayyyyyy! *insert guitar here*' Wait, no! Don't beat up Aoi-kunnnn DD: And, heart surgeon? xD; That heart probably doesn't float, but I think it did all of that stuff on it's own. :d Ven was like 'HERE. I STAND HERE. AND HOLD THIS OVER YOU AND-- whoasnap you're freezing kid DD: *poke*' ...Okies, maybe not. >.>;

Umm... updates on the new chapter? Just to be on the safe side, I'm not posting it up this week. Only because I'm starting to lag behind and WHOAAAAAA I did NOT get a lot done today because of E3 ;0; It's an awesome convention, but it's horribly distracting. I'm up kinda late now because of KHI and E3. xD; I ish busehhhh. So, new chapter next week! I'll try my best to work on the chapters this week, though.

Akans

&#12300;moriya&#12301;
Umm... updates on the new chapter? Just to be on the safe side, I'm not posting it up this week. Only because I'm starting to lag behind and WHOAAAAAA I did NOT get a lot done today because of E3 ;0; It's an awesome convention, but it's horribly distracting. I'm up kinda late now because of KHI and E3. xD; I ish busehhhh. So, new chapter next week! I'll try my best to work on the chapters this week, though.
Lol **SPAZZ**. Too much coffee, Rena?
And, heart surgeon? xD; That heart probably doesn't float, but I think it did all of that stuff on it's own. :d Ven was like 'HERE. I STAND HERE. AND HOLD THIS OVER YOU AND-- whoasnap you're freezing kid DD: *poke*' ...Okies, maybe not. >.>;
Roflmao. I have to quote that.

And...OMG U WENT TO E3??? Bastard :p I'm stuck here in school with Sophmo--SUFFERMORE finals. Luckyy....Wait wasn't E3 in the States? And how'd you get an invite?? HOW??? WHY?? *Makes emo noises*

Last edited:

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It really is distracting. Just when you think you're all up to date, BAM, there comes more updates thrown at you. xD

And yay! They're back! ... I think OOO: -imagines Ven in surgeon clothing that is all KH-styled- ... Wow D: That's one hip doctor! :D
YES. SO TRUE. XD; Thank goodness Square didn't throw out too much more stuff after the trailer was released. And, yosh! They're back :DD
.......................whut. XD; oh gosh seeing ven in scrubs and a surgical mask is WEIRD xD;

Oh. Gotta say this. 'WELL SOGGY BISCUITS AND COLD TEA.' :D Your skit has been making me say that a lot today. :B
Lol **SPAZZ**. Too much coffee, Rena?

Roflmao. I have to quote that.

And...OMG U WENT TO E3??? Bastard :p I'm stuck here in school with Sophmo--SUFFERMORE finals. Luckyy....Wait wasn't E3 in the States? And how'd you get an invite?? HOW??? WHY?? *Makes emo noises*
NO. I PREFER ICED TEA. I actually drank coffee for the first time in weeks today. o-o starbuuuuuuuuuuuucks!

What? xD; No! I didn't go to E3! I surfed way too many sites to keep up to date with stuff from E3. Going through would be kewl, though... Going to Disneyland would be much more fun and awesomer, though. :D Finals? DUDE. I SORRIES. ...I've never taken one... unless those horrible tests in middle school count.
Aoi deserved that! Ven's a good boy for going for the most vulnerable parts of the male anatomy! Yay! ^^ Nice chapter.
Yay! Thank yew! :D GO VEN! He could've gone for Aoi's face, but Aoi's been a jerk in the last few chapters, sooooo... :D

And chapter news. Uhhh... I'm trying SO hard to get out of this writer's block! xD; I'm getting distracted by voice acting 'n stuff. I'll try my best to post up the next chapter next week, but no guarantees. For now, though, I hope this tides over the wait a little...

Pieces of Heart : the other sides, a Kingdom Hearts fanfic - FanFiction.Net

I'm also doing something fun involving voice acting and the first part of the 13th chapter. :D I'll post up a link to that once I'm done with it! Should be in a few days or so~

Akans

&#12300;moriya&#12301;
Takushi Rena said:
What? xD; No! I didn't go to E3! I surfed way too many sites to keep up to date with stuff from E3. Going through would be kewl, though... Going to Disneyland would be much more fun and awesomer, though. :D Finals? DUDE. I SORRIES. ...I've never taken one... unless those horrible tests in middle school count.
Well the way you worded it made it seem like you went yourself > <
You are in Japan.... right? Well for all I know you could be living in America. =X lolz i sound like a creepy stalker xD
Takushi Rena said:
DUDE. I SORRIES. ...I've never taken one... unless those horrible tests in middle school count.
Are you kidding me?? Never taken a final?? o_o
I wanna move to your school lol > ,<
Takushi Rena said:
involving voice acting
O_O

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well the way you worded it made it seem like you went yourself > <
You are in Japan.... right? Well for all I know you could be living in America. =X lolz i sound like a creepy stalker xD
Oops xD; Sorries for wording it weird... In Japan? I wish. :p I'm in the US... and I REALLY want to go to Disney World right now. 8D DARN YOU EXPENSIVE TICKET PRICING BUT IT'S OH SO WORTH IT FOR ALL OF THE MAGICAL MEMORIES AND HAPPINESS ;_____;
and yeah you sound like a creepy stalker :d GO YOU!
Are you kidding me?? Never taken a final?? o_o
I wanna move to your school lol > ,<
xD Good luck with that. I'm homeschooled, so it'll be a bit hard :p
YAY DRAMATIC :DD I actually have two PoH voice acting things... and I get to shamelessly plug one! :D

http://voiceactingalliance.com/board/showthread.php?t=43072
THE GUY I HAVE IN MIND FOR AOI IS AWESOME D: Oh my goshhhhhhhhhh.

Akans

&#12300;moriya&#12301;
Rena said:
DARN YOU EXPENSIVE TICKET PRICING BUT IT'S OH SO WORTH IT FOR ALL OF THE MAGICAL MEMORIES AND HAPPINESS ;_____;
Roflmao. It is really expensive =X
Dnno if its true or not, but I heard some rumors that they *might* open a Disney World somewhere in Shanghai where I am. Like 50 years in the future maybe.
Rena said:
xD Good luck with that. I'm homeschooled, so it'll be a bit hard :p
O_O I would say lucky bastard but I happen to like my school xD
Rena said:
Yeah................ no. Can't open it. Darn the Chinese communist filters > <
Omg your involved in so many sites. Mod for KHI, mod for deviantart (last time I checked), a voice actor, a poster (and probably a mod) for that above website, livejournal, writer's blog..... > < How do u become a mod? I want the cool colors in my name xD

Btw what happened to the fanfic? This is the wrong thread to start chatting xD

Last edited:

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Roflmao. It is really expensive =X
Dnno if its true or not, but I heard some rumors that they *might* open a Disney World somewhere in Shanghai where I am. Like 50 years in the future maybe.
YEAH REALLY D: makes me sad... rooms at the polynesian used to be 20 or 30 dollars a night or something, not 200. :|
I've definitely heard that rumor. xD; Thank yew weekly Disney podcasts! <3 I think they're going to do it, though I have no clue when they'll start it.
O_O I would say lucky bastard but I happen to like my school xD
xD; I don't think you can do homeschool there, anyways. I hated my school soooo... yeah. Not the exact reason, but yeah it has something to do with why I'm homeschooled.
Yeah................ no. Can't open it. Darn the Chinese communist filters > <
Omg your involved in so many sites. Mod for KHI, mod for deviantart (last time I checked), a voice actor, a poster (and probably a mod) for that above website, livejournal, writer's blog..... > < How do u become a mod? I want the cool colors in my name xD
Ack. DD: *gives cookie*
zomg I am XD; I'm not a mod on dA, though... I'm only a mod on here. FWEEEEE! And, how to be a mod? Hmm... first rule of being a mod... DON'T TALK ABOUT BEING A MOD. D: Welp, that made so sense. xD; You don't ask; you get asked... or you send in an application to become a mod when the site needs more people.
Btw what happened to the fanfic? This is the wrong thread to start chatting xD
Uhhhhh. WRITER'S BLOCK. IS A PAIN. D; I'm trying my best to write this chapter, but it's taken me like... two weeks to do it. Then I have to rewrite another one then code it then code the next one and blahblahblah. D: Trying to motivate myself, though...

Ohoh, while you're waiting for the next chapter, I guess check this out? http://forums.khinsider.com/fanfiction/129042-never-say-yes.html IT HAS SOME OF AOI'S BACKSTORY ZOMG DD:
I'll also try my best to not post in this thread until the next chapter is finished. xD;

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'M HORRIBLEEEEE D: And I editted this chapter a whiiiiile ago. But I'm almostalmostalmost over this stupid writer's block and I'm working on the next chapter after this again. I'll try my best to post it soon, but I'll post this chapter throughout the week.

This chapter is also, unfortunately, a little bit slow. :< Sorries! But here it is~ I hope everybody enjoys it! <3

-------------

014 + SUNSHINE

"Why didn't you get here faster?!"

A groan pressed through Ven's throat as he pulled himself up from the ground. He placed his cool hand over the warm, throbbing bruise on his cheek. His electric blue orbs darted over to Raynie, looking her right in the eye.

She looked furious! Teeth bared and knuckles completely white, as she seethed. But there was a tint of red in the sclera of her eyes.

"We tried," Ven pressed his hand against the cool, stone ground, pushing off of it. "We really tried."

"You could've tried harder!" The echo of Raynie's boots rung in the boy's ears and, suddenly, he was nose-to-nose with the teen. "Why didn't you?"

Ven's eyes darted off to the side, over to Rena. She had her arms in her vest, looking helplessly at the boy. His pupils shifted back to Raynie. What was he supposed to say?

"We tried. Isn't that good enough?"

"No!"

Raynie took a quick step back, a snarl running between her teeth. Her arms became folded, her mako blue eyes darting from Ven to Rena then back again. Eying all of the cuts and crusty blood.

"...What did they do to you?"

Ven ran his blood-covered hand through his wavy blonde locks. "They tried to kill us."

She threw her hand into her pocket, grumbling. "If they come anywhere near you again, I'll... I'll rip off that stupid, emotastic jerk's freakin' stupid hair off! Then I'll... stab 'em all with their swords 'n knives 'n spears and whatever else they've got!"

The teen grabbed a green materia out of her pocket. She held it up into the air, looking straight at Ven.

"Cure II."

A green, swirling light eclipsed the boy, light sparks floating into his skin and clothes. All of the wounds were gone. He looked as if he had never fought those Nobodies in the first place!

Raynie pointed the orb at Rena now. Ven watched as the same green light swirled around the girl from the top of her head to her shoes. All of the wounds, and the goosebumps, were gone. Just like Ven! She had opened her vest and threw off the hood when Ven turned back around.

A soft grin formed on Ven's features. "Thanks."

Raynie gave a bit of a snort, not daring to look at either of the keyblade wielders.

His smile slowly fell. He placed his hand behind his neck, his eyes darting to the ground.

"...What happened after we left?"

"Came back here..." Her eyes darted from the ground, "after I found someone."

"Adyn!"

That name! Ven froze, dread filling up in his stomach. He whirled around and found Rena running towards whom she had been desperate to find: Adyn!

The boy tried to stop Rena from approaching Adyn, but Raynie grabbed Ven's arm and dragged him back.

"He's not a Heartless," she whispered.

He snapped at her with a harsh whisper, "Yes, he is!"

Raynie only scoffed, jerking her harsh grip away from Ven's arm.

As the boy rubbed his throbbing arm, he watched Rena speak to Adyn, both of them grinning. Ven just wore a harsh frown.

Why was Adyn there in the first place? He didn't get why he just had to go with them all the time.

"We need to get to Hollow Bastion," Raynie piqued in.

Rena whirled around, throwing her hands into her jeans pockets, "Why?"

The teen gave a scoff. "Leon, Yuffie, and Cid are there. Like they can handle a bunch of Heartless by themselves!"

She thrust her thumb towards the world exit. "Cid gave us a ship just to get there, not go anywhere else. You can either stay here and be bored all day, or we're all going to Hollow Bastion."

"Then we're going to Hollow Bastion," Ven took a step forwards. "If we can't seal keyholes, then we have to at least do something to stop the Heartless."

A childish grumble echoed quietly in Ven's ears, his electric blue orbs shifting over to Rena. He didn't understand why she didn't want to go to a different world! Why not?

His blue pupils darted over to the enoroumous door to the Third District. Something came to mind.

"And where are you going?"

He didn't give a single glance to Raynie as he stepped briskly to the door. "I gotta find something..."

"No, you're no--"

"And then we'll leave!" His feet turned and he started to step backwards, looking right at Raynie. "Promise, okay?"

She scoffed, watching the boy escape into the Third District.

"I'll... start up the ship or somethin'."

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
Hooray!!! The gang is back together again!!! I'm really glad that Adyn is back, but I'm curious as to where he went to in the first place. Okay, I want to ask this, what is Adyn exactly? I mean, Ven thinks he is a Heartless, but everyone else is telling him he isn't, so what is he, and what is his motive, if he has one? Man, Adyn is just one of the most mysterious characters. Also, what is Ven getting from the Third District? I'm really curious. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yay! Thankies for the comments! :D
Raynie is funny when she's worried but doesn't want to show it^^ It's shorter than your usual chapters, but certainly not bad! It was nice to read! I wonder what Ven is looking for...
Thank yew for the comment! :) Shorter is better... Haha, I wish the other chapters were as short as this one. XD; Darn you details and plot and trying to put it all in one chapter at once? *shrug*
Hooray!!! The gang is back together again!!! I'm really glad that Adyn is back, but I'm curious as to where he went to in the first place. Okay, I want to ask this, what is Adyn exactly? I mean, Ven thinks he is a Heartless, but everyone else is telling him he isn't, so what is he, and what is his motive, if he has one? Man, Adyn is just one of the most mysterious characters. Also, what is Ven getting from the Third District? I'm really curious. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more.
Thank yew for the comment! :3 Mwahaha I can't really say much about Adyn... yet. It'll definitely be revealed! I think after the Hollow Bastion stuff, you'll start to find out who he is. :D That trailer script I posted up, though, gives a reallyreallyreally vague hint. Yaaaaay for dialogue! :DD

And, what Ven's getting... It doesn't really talk about it much and I'm not really sure if something like this is actually in Kingdom Hearts at all, but he's looking for some way to keep Nobodies away. It's a bit strange, though, so I think that's way I didn't mention it. ^^;

Here's the next part! I'll try my best to post up the next chapter next week or possibly at the end of this week, but I can't make any guarantees. ^^; It's almost done, though!

-------------------

His light footsteps echoed through his ears as the door shut with a hollow click.

Electric blue orbs darting around, he eyed all of the sights within the Third District: the nearby fountain, the large staircases, the house nearby. Yellow neon kept the district lit, as the stars twinkled in the midnight blue sky above.

Then he saw it: the door with the glowing fire insignia on it! Maybe Merlin wasn't in there, but perhaps something within his home could be useful. Ven stepped closer.

Click, click, click.

And closer.

Click, click, click.

Those simple little clicks sounded like they were talking to him: like in the empty, never-ending hallways. The only thing to keep him company.

Clicktick, clicktick, clicktick.

Suddenly, he pulled to a stop.

There was only silence in the air. He could've sworn he heard more footsteps! No, that couldn't happen...

Click, click, click.

There were only his. No one else's.

Clicktick, clicktick, clicktick.

His feet slammed into the cobblestone.

"Who's there?!"

Nothing. Soft wind pushed against his skin, whispering.

"Ah!"

SWOOSH!

There was a hard sliding noise coming from the side. He didn't hesitate to take off towards the other side of the stairless stairway.

"What're you doing?"

There, sprawled out on the ground and looking dizzy, was Rena. She slammed her knees into her chest before throwing her arms around her legs.

"N-Nothin'..." She didn't dare look him in the eye.

"You need to go with Raynie." His electric blue orbs rolled in the white sclera. He threw his hands into his black jeans pockets and turned. Stepping towards the rough, rock door.

Clickclickclick.

"Whatcha doin'?"

Ven edged towards the door and, all of a sudden, found Rena beside him. He squeezed the bone between his eyes, harshly sighing.

"C'mon!" A grin spread across her features. "You can tell me!"

"Why don't you want to go to Hollow Bastion?"

A sudden shake echoed through her shoulders to her arms. A firm frown formed on her pale features.

"...'cause."

"Why?" The boy shrugged, heading slowly towards the door. "It's a new world! Aren't you excited?"

Her messy bangs flopped like puppy dog ears when she shook her head. "Uh-uh."

"Then is it the Heartless? It's gotta be something."

"I... dunno..."

His blue pupils set on the tomboy. He saw her fumbling with her hands, staggering. The light clicks of his shoes came to a stop.

"Go with Raynie... and Adyn. Got it?"

Another shake through her shoulders. "N... no! I wanna stick with you."

Ven turned his head side to side briskly. "It won't be very exciting."

A small frown formed on her features. "That's... okay!" She trotted after Ven.

"'right then." Ven shrugged, subconsciously cocking his head to the side.

"Hey, Ven?"

He kept on walking forwards. Slow, light steps. "Yeah?"

"Can you... um... teach me how to fight?"

Another stop. His eyes set on Rena.

She stared at her shoes, looking... well... lost. Her hands tensed, her thin lips curled in an awkward frown.

He stepped around, facing the girl. A light grin formed on his peach features. "What? Your keyblade not fighting for you?"

She harshly shook her head; she didn't dare look at him. "That's not it..."

He quirked a brow.

She fumbled with her hands. Tying her fingers together and pulling them apart. Biting her lip.

"Just teach me to fight..." She put her hands together. She looked straight at Ven, "Please?"

"Yeah, I will." His pupils darted to the side. "But not now. Raynie'll kill us if we're off fighting."

A tense smile curled in her lips. She threw her arms to her sides. "Kay."

You can't fake bravery...

Ven spun around again. Right towards his destination: Merlin's house on the other side of that door. Go there, see if there was anything there, then leave before Raynie gets onto them. That was the goal.

"...Ven?"

He kept on walking.

"Ven!"

Okay, now she was just being a pest. His feet came to a harsh stop. He didn't set his eyes on her this time.

"What?"

"If Aoi said something... would you think he was telling the truth?"

Ven shook his head. "No. 'course not." Curiously, his foot turned to the side in mid-step.

"Why? What he say?"

Rena shook her head. "No... thin'..."

Her deep blue orbs darted up. She shook, her eyes staring at the brick walls. "Do you think I'm a... No--"

CRASH!

Like an explosion! Like smoke had burst out of nothing. When Ven whirled around, he looked onwards.

Darkness. A blanket of black falling over the district. You could barely see anything! The neon lights muffled, the colours desaturated or missing. That warm, homey feeling was now a cold, nerve-wrecking pang in his chest.

He instinctively reached a hand forwards. To grab her arm.

Yet he found but a handful of black fog.

Clickclickclick!

"Rena!"

He knew that was her running off. He followed.

"Where're you going?!"

Clickclickclick!

A snarl sliced through his teeth.

"Dammit! What is wrong with you?!"

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
What the hell just happened? What was that explosion and black fog? Where did Rena run off to now? Man, this is getting crazy, but, then again, it was already crazy to begin with. So, from what I gathered, Rena is afraid to go to Hollow Bastion either because she cannot fight, because she is afraid of Aoi and the other nobodies, or becuase she doesn't want the other to find out that she is a nobody herself. Well, at least that's what it seems like, but I could be wrong. Anyway, great job again, and I look forward to more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back