• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Between the Rift

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Thanks....god one more..I don't want it to be spam though....I gotta go find a worth while post....be back soon, k? lol...

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
(Here, have fun...)

Chapter 3: Darkest Before Dawn

I watched her turn the key of the car and start up the car. We pulled out of the parking lot and rolled onto the road. I began to stare out of the window and my mind started drifting. “So, she brought me to an old apartment in a semi-rural town. It’s strange how nothing’s happened this whole ride.”

“Yeah I know.” She said, reading my mind…. again.

I sighed and looked out the window. I saw a few of the stars in the sky begin to grow brighter and the moon began to rise. The moon was different than most I’ve seen; normally it’s a pale with a yellowish tint. Tonight it was a deep red, a bad sign. I sighed, once again, and looked to the open road, it’s kind of eerie how empty it was. There wasn’t a single soul on the road, no people, no cars, not even an occasional animal crossing or even trailing the edge of the road.

“So where exactly are we headed?” I asked in a half-bored voice.

She looked over at me and with an expressionless face she said, “You’ll see.”

I let out, yet another, exasperated sigh.

“Don’t sound so enthusiastic.” She said with another uncommon laugh.

I chuckled and stopped worrying about the destination and started think of the ride, or at least I tried to. It was hard, if not impossible to stop thinking about just about everything, Kalion, Amelia, Jailtin, and so many more names buzzed in my head, never leaving, never taking a break. I shook my head and tried even harder to think about something else, anything else.

The road took us to pass a few rows of houses, I felt a sudden chill and I heard a bloodcurdling scream. I looked around, but I couldn’t see anything, Amelia acted as if nothing had happened.

“What the hell’s wrong with you?” I asked her, “Stop the car.” I demanded, she obeyed and the car came to a stop about a block down from where we, I, heard the scream.

I unlocked my door and pushed hard on it, the door nearly flew off the hinges and I climbed out of the car.

Amelia looked at me and asked,” So, why’d we stop?

I looked at her in some sort of astonishment, “Didn’t you hear that scream?”

“Well . . . yeah, but I figured that it wasn’t our problem.” She said coldly.

I sighed and reached into my pocket, pulled out the .45 and checked the clip. “Good.” I said as I realized that it had a full clip already in it.

Amelia got out of her car, closed the doors, she then locked the car and walked over to me, “So what do you suggest we do?”

“We go and check it out, you know what happens at night, don’t you?” I asked, remembering the awful things that have happened because of it.

“Don’t worry, it’s not going to happen again.” She said as she looked up at me.

I looked away and started walking down the cracked sidewalk, the moon to my back stretching my shadow well over twice my height. Amelia followed me and we started walking faster, until we heard another scream, we soon busted into a full out sprint. We got to the door of the house that the screams were coming from. As I was approaching the door I heard a click and I stepped away. No sooner than a second later the door was blown open and a shower of blood rained down on us. The mangled corpse of a small creature was the source of the…bath.

“What the hell?” I exclaimed as I looked into the open doorway, a woman was hiding behind a man with a rather large 12-gauge double barrel pump action shotgun. I walked into the room and raised my hands, as a sign of peace.

“Who are you?” The man called to me as I appeared from the darkness.

“Stavros, Stavros Xoret.” I said as Amelia entered the room.

“And she is?” The man asked, waving the gun towards Amelia.

“This is-”

“Amelia Monitre.” Amelia said as she cut me off. “Sorry to bother you, but we heard a scream and-” A loud high-pitched wail called out from everywhere, it seemed to come from the air around us. The air in the room picked up and sucked outward towards the open door. I put my back up against the doorframe and leaned out towards the door. The air seemed to form in a concentrated vortex, light and darkness swirled in a tight spiral, slowly gathering in size and speed.
“Here they come.” I said as I pulled the hammer back on the gun.

(Ha ha, you’ll have to wait for the continuation.)

Last edited:

True Serenity

your forgotten memory
Good job, Stavros. The last two chapters were much better than the first. And I really like the story, even though the last chapter was a cliffhanger. But I'm a sucker for cliffhangers. ^_^ Anyways, keep up the good work. I can't wait for the next chapter!

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Brain dead right now....need something to happen...hmm....I'll try to get a chapter up tonight or tomarrow night, ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back