• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Better than it's sequel(s)?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
Have you ever come across a game that seems better or simply more enjoyable than it's successors? A game that you may pick up and play through again a couple months later while you consider trading in it's sequal?

I have certainly experienced this. Games that come to mind are:
Medal of Honor: Frontline - I played Rising Sun and European Assault. I have since traded them both in but still have Frontline. Gameplay was just more enjoyable and entertaining.

Burnout 3 - While maybe not necessarily better, I felt I have had a more enjoyable time racing in Takedown than in Revenge or Paradise. And having clocked in more than 100 hours on it, I'd say I have had an unhealthy obsession with it.

Kingdom Hearts - I played both games to death in my earlier days on the forums and looking back, I realized I had more fun with balancing with both magic and combat in the original than just the button mashing of the second. I have since traded in KH2 but retain the original.

Skate OG - While the sequels have added more tricks and gameplay elements and I have enjoyed all three, the original still has me coming back to simply ride around and session a stair set over and over. There is just something special about it that I can't quite place my finger on.

I would be interested to hear what games you believe made you smile more than their sequels.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Yeah, happens all the time.

Kingdom Hearts 1: I like it way better than KH2. Better gameplay, better platforming, better spells, and it isn't all about flash.
Metal Gear Solid 3: I liked it better than MGS2 even though some people didn't like it because it was a prequel, but I think that makes it even better. It depended more and being aware of your surrounding and always being careful. Instead of some giant map that shows your opponents field of vision that doesn't run out of batteries.
Tales of Phantasia: I love it way more than the sequels, I couldn't tell you why though lol
Golden Sun: I liked the characters better in that game. The second one is still very amazing though.
Resident Evil 2: Still my favorite resident evil game, I still play it on occasion.

Apollo

Silver Member
I think Kingdom Hearts is getting worse as it goes on. I feel like the series has lost the magical feeling KH1 had.

Gram

Banned
Awards
kh1 is definatly one the first was omg and then...the others came -_-
zelda OoT is another to me, not that ww and TP sucked to me but none has ever topped OoT
sonic games are another, the last good one was the adventure games.

I think Kingdom Hearts is getting worse as it goes on. I feel like the series has lost the magical feeling KH1 had.

this^ bbs is the best i played since kh1.

O

Oberon

Sequels I've turned in for $$: Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, Mega Man Zero 3, some Fire Emblem games I think, maybe a few others I can't remember... I've exchanged a lot of games for cash or GS credits in the past. I think once I traded in Sly 2 and 3, which is retarded since Sly is AMAZING and needs more sequels, imo.

Trukybldemstr2

Garbage Pail Kid
Website
www.facebook.com
There's is just something about the first game that can't be emulated in a sequel..although i though AC2 was better than AC1..although they both were great!

Dancewaterdance!

KH1 over KH2: simply because it was more puzzle-like than KH2. It's like in KH2, they replaced the puzzles with minigames. Not cool. Also the fighting in 2 felt more... I guess overpowered?

Tales of Symphonia over its direct sequel, Dawn of the New World. Just play the two games and you'll see they don't even compare.

Hmm... Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn were both great games, but I gotta say I prefer PoR just a little more. Maybe if the Support system hadn't been remade, they would be equal. :(

Modern Warfare 2 over 1. Mainly because of Spec Ops. I haven't played the multiplayer on 1 so I can't really say anything about that.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Everything I've ever played
and movies too, but thats another story

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
>Better than it's sequel(s)?
>Better than it is sequels

Coffee Lover

Bronze Member
Awards
One game that definitely comes to mind is Trauma Center: Under the Knife for the DS. It's one of the best games I have ever played. However the sequel was missing something. Don't get me wrong, the sequel isn't a bad game, but it's certainly not as good as Under the Knife.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back