• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Better script than KH2? And BBS?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Am I the only one who thinks that some of dialogue in KH3D is much better than what we got in in the past few games?

I mean the dialogue coming from Sora, Riku, and the Xehanorts feels more I don't know "organic" than what we got in the previous games? I'm only up to the The Grid who knows if it keeps up.

But "Makes sure the boxes content matches what's on the label." is particularly troll worthy.

Some parts just feel less ham-fisty especially after just coming off of BBS.

axel95

Awards
If you take out Sora, this would be the best acted game in the whole series. I think that HJO went over the top in this game. It's not terrible, but it pales in comparison to Riku.

Youniquee

Awards
If you take out Sora, this would be the best acted game in the whole series. I think that HJO went over the top in this game. It's not terrible, but it pales in comparison to Riku.

Whatttt? I'm sure we're talking about the dialogue, not the voice actors. HJO did not write the script. >.< Sora has always been goofy and playful anyway.

I think it was better than KH2. And no awkward laughing scenes, thank God lol. There's a lot of more memorable, strong lines in KH3D more than the other games, to be honest.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
I definitely think 3D has the best script with character interactions and the like. It ranks on a Days level for me, which I think Days had some of the best dialogue as well.

Plus, there's actually some hilarious lines in here, which I'm thankful for since I've been wanting a KH that can dish out serious and hilarious lines other than Days.

Key Wielder

Awards
It does seem like they pulled out all the stops for this one. Everyone's lines throughout the game were fantastic, and some of the more tender scenes weren't as cheesy or awkward as some of the ones that were in KH2. (I never minded the dialogue in that game, but there are definite improvements in writing here.) There are a lot of lines that almost felt like they must have been improvised between how they were written and delivered; the writers and voice actors did a great job.

inverse K-blade7

Easily one of the top two scripts of a KH game. None of the emotional lines felt too cheesy, and it brought a lot of genuine laughs.

sonickenshin

Awards
Definitely the best script. The conversations actually flow like they should, and there's some pretty fun stuff in there.

...although, in the topic of Osment...whoever thought it was a good idea that he should try and sound like a kid when he's not trained for that sort of thing should be slapped square in the face. :< He knows where to take the lines...but he can't GET there when he's trying to sound like a kid. All his lines sound incredibly flat.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

Acting =/= writing. Though Sora is kindof an over-the-top, cheesy ham. I mean, Donald and Goofy have seriously rubbed off on him, because in KH1 (especially on Destiny Islands), his personality seemed a bit more subdued, and by KH2 he was noticeably more exuberant.

[video=youtube;8tAr2pWwW40]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tAr2pWwW40[/video]

I do think the writing plays a part in how HJO delivers his lines though, same for the other actors/acresses, and for the most part KH2's script is on one of my lower appreciated tiers. I can't really praise or critique DDD's as a whole having only played through Traverse Town which I've enjoyed immensely. However, after witnessing the first Flashback, "The Mark of Mastery Exam", I was astounded by the dialogue and have high hopes the rest will follow suit.

Key Wielder

Awards
Acting =/= writing. Though Sora is kindof an over-the-top, cheesy ham. I mean, Donald and Goofy have seriously rubbed off on him, because in KH1 (especially on Destiny Islands), his personality seemed a bit more subdued, and by KH2 he was noticeably more exuberant.

Very true. He'd also defeated numerous villains and saved the worlds from falling to darkness; after that and running around to different worlds, it was sort of understandable that he would feel more outgoing and cocky. I thought the dialogue for him in this game was just as good as for everyone else. *shrug*

sora364

Inactive until DDD NA Release.
Awards
I would wager to exclaim 358/2 Days and Chain of Memories have the best scripts thus far. Albeit Dream Drop Distance is not much far behind.

Also, borderline every script in the continuity surpasses Kingdom Hearts II's substandard dialogue.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I thought there was very few lines in 3D that was as quoteable as in BBS (or KHI and KHII) (though my R button on the 3DS broke right after I finished the game so I might just need to replay it).
Therefor I thought that BBS had a better script (and maybe the first game as well) but Aqua had some really aquard lines
I don't think I mind the un-organic dialogue as much as everyone else because English isn't my first language

thylings

Website
www.myspace.com
I think the script had a much better sense of humor. It didn't seem like the lines were as forced here. For the most part, the characters seemed to talk like normal human beings. It's definitely above BBS. I still hold that CoM had the best dialogue though.

Maxyli138

I'm one of those people who love quoting Kingdom Hearts lines, so I really liked the dialogue in this game because the characters say a lot of memorable things. I thought the script was overall really well done in this game but I still like the CoM dialogue the best :)

However I found Sora to be more, well, stupid in this game compared to past games. I'm not sure if this was due to his dialogue or his voice, but it just made me wonder whether it was intentional or not. Not that him being like that bothered me, it was something I more or less noticed as I played the game.

State

Awards
Best voice-acting and script so far. It takes time before you adjust yourself to seeing characters such as Xemnas and Ansem with updated voice quality and reacting to stuff besides hearts and darkness.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Best voice acting and best script in the series thus far. So far, none of the lines have felt awkward, and Sora acts like a much more likable character again. None of the Disney VAs, nor YMX, have sounded out of place, which is something I found to be very in common in BBS (MX, Ventus, and Eraqus had the only VAs in BBS that I warmed up to on the spot).

I'm only in my second visit to Traverse Town, so I'm not close to finishing yet, and I'm hoping we'll see some more negative emotion (sadness, anger) provoking scenes. It's probably had the most scenes that's made me genuinely laugh, or be happy for the characters, but nothing really much else. That's not a bad thing, but I want something that can make me sad and angry like Days did.

Also, on the subject of script, that line from TWEWY that returned in here was just so SGLSDLKGJSNFGKSDFKSABHKGJAHS YES <3 PERFECTION

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
It really is fantastic, I'm glad other people have noticed! [The only writing I felt was sort of weird was... I don't know, I think it was during Riku's second visit to Traverse Town, one conversation he had with Joshua (whose voice and acting I'm not fond of btw) felt really rushed, but it was also quite short.]

Favorite example: During Symphony of Sorcery (which is the best world in the entire series btw), when Sora first finds Mickey, he almost calls him "Your Majesty," but stops himself and remarks "I've got to stop doing that." Not sure why, but that was the most natural I've ever heard this series sound, and it made me really happy.

On another note, I can't express my disdain for the seemingly large amount of scenes that have that sappy, sad violin music. Really sort of kills those particular moments.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I definitely think this is the best written script thus far in the series. The acting in particular was also very good. Both the dialogue and the way the actors portrayed it. All the actors were on par here.
And I don't understand why people think Sora's was weak... I thought HJO did awesome as Sora and that the script was really good. Honestly I thought this was the best Sora performance we had in a while... well, really, best overall performance.

The acting and dialogue here may even be better than from KH1, which is saying a lot.

Mr Yippie

they've really, really learned since KH2

hell the writers even poke fun at themselves

on the subject of Darkness said:
You can write a book on that.

soraalam1

Am I the only one who thinks that some of dialogue in KH3D is much better than what we got in in the past few games?

I mean the dialogue coming from Sora, Riku, and the Xehanorts feels more I don't know "organic" than what we got in the previous games? I'm only up to the The Grid who knows if it keeps up.

But "Makes sure the boxes content matches what's on the label." is particularly troll worthy.

Some parts just feel less ham-fisty especially after just coming off of BBS.
Well it is always hard because they have to get the right meaning and make sure the lip sync is good. That might make some things sound kinda iffy. But I can agree with you, the dialogue gets better everytime, for handhelds. In KH1/2 though, that always has the best fitting dialogue. Those games have a bigger budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back