• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Better music with Daniel Faraday. Also, time travel.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
Hey, I was getting around to better stuff. I said I was starting with the staples.

]

Better?

Last edited:

Massive Attack

Dial 'M' for 'Motherfucker'
Awards
Fuck Buttons and Panda Bear helped redeem you slighty.

Wtf haven't been here in a while, people just post a thread with songs they like?
Where can I get in on this.

started with square ninja posting some dad rock, but then cameron, me and a few other people started posting threads with muzak we like. go ahead and make your own thread; this section is pretty bad anyways. We even made threads like this in the film section.

C

Crazium

Albums>Songs for starters.

Other than that, good stuff for the most part. Could have definitely picked a better AC song (inb4galen)

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
Summertime Clothes is easily their most accessible song though. It's not as good as Leaf House or April and the Phantom, but it's still pretty great and works as a kind of stepping stone towards their better stuff.

C

Crazium

Summertime Clothes is easily their most accessible song though. It's not as good as Leaf House or April and the Phantom, but it's still pretty great and works as a kind of stepping stone towards their better stuff.
Ugh, I can't stand for their older albums. Although I am fond of Leaf House, there are better songs off of Sung Tongs like Sweet Road and Winter's Love.

When it comes to AC, Fireworks is their best song and we all know it. Personally The Purple Bottle is my favorite song. (actually it's my favorite song overall)

Feels>Strawberry Jam>MPP>Sung Tongs>Prospect Hummer>Indian>The rest of their bad albums

Concerning Summertime Clothes, accessibility=/=good. There are much better songs like Bluish, My Girls and Brother Sport.

Thus ending another episode of Animal Collective with Justin.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
Ugh, I can't stand for their older albums. Although I am fond of Leaf House, there are better songs off of Sung Tongs like Sweet Road and Winter's Love.

When it comes to AC, Fireworks is their best song and we all know it. Personally The Purple Bottle is my favorite song. (actually it's my favorite song overall)

Feels>Strawberry Jam>MPP>Sung Tongs>Prospect Hummer>Indian>The rest of their bad albums

Concerning Summertime Clothes, accessibility=/=good. There are much better songs like Bluish, My Girls and Brother Sport.

Winter's Love just drones on and on and on. Not a tremendous fan. We Tigers, however, is gorgeous. And I know it's cliche, but Who Could Win a Rabbit is probably one of the best songs they've ever done.

Fireworks is only their best because holy fucking shit it's so good live. They turned it into a 15 minute medley when I saw them, and it was the best 15 minutes of my life. They also played Leaf House as their encore, which was also amazing and partially why I love the song so much. Gotta say though, Winter Wonder Land is currently my favorite AC song.

My Girls is the worst song on the album, tied with Lion in a Coma and Daily Routine. Blueish would've been good too, probably could've done Guys Eyes as well. Brother Sport is just as accessible as Summertime Clothes, too. I probably should've used that instead, in retrospect. And yeah, actually, a more radio friendly, dancy AC is never a bad thing.

Uh, as for your ranking, almost correct. Strawberry Jam > Feels > MPP > Spirit They're Gone (how can you not like this?) > Feels > Sung Tongs > Indian > Danse Manatee > Campfire Songs. Spirit They're Gone is just the most gorgeous, beautiful, terrifying record ever. It sounds nothing like anything that came after it at all, so don't even try to group it in with Danse Manatee or Here Comes the Indian. Give it another listen, I'm sure you'll love it.

C

Crazium

Winter's Love just drones on and on and on. Not a tremendous fan. We Tigers, however, is gorgeous. And I know it's cliche, but Who Could Win a Rabbit is probably one of the best songs they've ever done.
Forgot We Tigers and WCWAR are solid songs.

Fireworks is only their best because holy fucking shit it's so good live. They turned it into a 15 minute medley when I saw them, and it was the best 15 minutes of my life. They also played Leaf House as their encore, which was also amazing and partially why I love the song so much. Gotta say though, Winter Wonder Land is currently my favorite AC song.
Fireworks is just beautiful. I listened to it on repeat during the 4th of July Fireworks show.

I remember last time I was at Cedar Point I was really really into Winter Wonder Land. I listened to it over and over. Ironic though considering it was in the middle of summer.

My Girls is the worst song on the album, tied with Lion in a Coma and Daily Routine. Blueish would've been good too, probably could've done Guys Eyes as well. Brother Sport is just as accessible as Summertime Clothes, too. I probably should've used that instead, in retrospect. And yeah, actually, a more radio friendly, dancy AC is never a bad thing.
That first week of MPP I listened to My Girls over and over and over, I was in love. Still one of the better songs if you don't consider it "overplayed." The only problem with Brother Sport is if you listen to it through speakers the one part gets annoying. It sounds a lot different through headphones.

Uh, as for your ranking, almost correct. Strawberry Jam > Feels > MPP > Spirit They're Gone (how can you not like this?) > Feels > Sung Tongs > Indian > Danse Manatee > Campfire Songs. Spirit They're Gone is just the most gorgeous, beautiful, terrifying record ever. It sounds nothing like anything that came after it at all, so don't even try to group it in with Danse Manatee or Here Comes the Indian. Give it another listen, I'm sure you'll love it.
Spirit is absolutely annoying, how can people pretend to like this garbage?

I forgot about Campfire Songs, I really like it a lot.

Massive Attack

Awards
hey cameron what do you think of beck right now. i think he's pretty cool; that pop culturey shit vibe he gives off is fairly original (well, he does it better than anyone else anyway). Though his later stuff is kind of flawed, there's still potential. I mean, those TVU covers he made recently are pretty grand.

C

Crazium

hey cameron what do you think of beck right now. i think he's pretty cool; that pop culturey shit vibe he gives off is fairly original (well, he does it better than anyone else anyway). Though his later stuff is kind of flawed, there's still potential. I mean, those TVU covers he made recently are pretty grand.
I don't know about you but I thought he hit his prime at Guero/The Information. Modern Guilt is pretty terrible but I think his next release wil probablyl be better. His discography's kind of a roller coaster ride anyways.

Oh wait I'm not Cameron.

Massive Attack

Awards
I don't know about you but I thought he hit his prime at Guero/The Information. Modern Guilt is pretty terrible but I think his next release wil probablyl be better. His discography's kind of a roller coaster ride anyways.

Oh wait I'm not Cameron.

Guero and The Information are alright I guess, but as I said... flawed. The formula is good though. 'Modern Guilt' is pretty eh, but 'Gamma Ray' and 'Chemtrails' are pretty cool song titles I must say. I like hip hop video games downtown coolguy beck the most, so yeah. Love the production on those types of albums of his.

C

Crazium

Guero and The Information are alright I guess, but as I said... flawed. The formula is good though. 'Modern Guilt' is pretty eh, but 'Gamma Ray' and 'Chemtrails' are pretty cool song titles I must say. I like hip hop video games downtown coolguy beck the most, so yeah. Love the production on those types of albums of his.
I like the street performer Beck.

Well I think Guero has its flaws but The Information is pretty perfect. It 5 starred my iTunes.

I don't know why I don't like Odelay.

Massive Attack

Awards
I like the street performer Beck.

Well I think Guero has its flaws but The Information is pretty perfect. It 5 starred my iTunes.

I don't know why I don't like Odelay.

Odelay is really a bit too smooth... I love it but I often forget it's on. You have to concentrate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back