• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Better Dream, Drop, Distance Famitsu scans

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dowhax

Bronze Member
So basically two alternate stories will be playing at the same time, and you have to basically remember what you did last time with one character when you play as him again. Damn...is anyone going to get confused/lost on what they are doing if they all of a sudden change into Riku or Sora while in the middle of a mission or between missions?

DanX

So basically two alternate stories will be playing at the same time, and you have to basically remember what you did last time with one character when you play as him again. Damn...is anyone going to get confused/lost on what they are doing if they all of a sudden change into Riku or Sora while in the middle of a mission or between missions?

No dude? it won't be in combat you attack and randomly change I think it means, for example like Memory master said sora could be in hunchback world and get pushed off the clock tower and then it will cut to riku in Jungle Book in a cutscene. Leaving you in suspense (like in a lot of tv shows)

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Well now that is interesting. So if I have this right then Sora could be in the world of Notre Dame but in the middle of that worlds plot the game could switch to Riku in the Jungle Book world and we control him until it switches back to Sora? I have to admit, I like that idea.
I really hope you're right about it being during cutscenes if that's what you're suggesting.
I can handle it if it's during cutscenes... I can't if it's during gameplay. That'll fcuk with me too much.

DanX

I really hope you're right about it being during cutscenes if that's what you're suggesting.
I can handle it if it's during cutscenes... I can't if it's during gameplay. That'll fcuk with me too much.

I think Nomura's smart enough to see how annoying that would get :p. Hmm, it is starting to interest me as to why Sora and Riku will be in seperate places at a time and not working together on their journey..

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards

I hope i'm right too.

This is what I understand from reading it:

Let's say we go to visit the world of Notre Dame with Sora. Well we play through that world until we get to the point where Frollo captures him, Quasimodo, Asmeralda, and Febes in the court of Miracle. Sora is knocked out by one of Frollo's guards and the screen goes black. The next thing ya know you're suddenly in control of Riku who just arrived in the Jungle Book world. You play as Riku up to a certain point in that world and then after a particular cutscene you'll go back to control Sora in Notre Dame's world and you'll continue where the story with Sora left off, basicaly Sora will be locked up in the bell tower or something with Quasimodo trying to convince him to break free and save Asmeralda. Then you'll finish the story in that world and once you're finished there then control shifts back to Riku and you finish his story in the Jungle Book World.

Now I'm guessing that is what it will be like judging from what I read.

Radon

mofo
I hope i'm right too.

Let's say we go to visit the world of Notre Dame with Sora. Well we play through that world until we get to the point where Frollo captures him, Quasimodo, Asmeralda, and Febes in the court of Miracle. Sora is knocked out by one of Frollo's guards and the screen goes black. The next thing ya know you're suddenly in control of Riku who just arrived in the Jungle Book world. You play as Riku up to a certain point in that world and then after a particular cutscene you'll go back to control Sora in Notre Dame's world and you'll continue where the story with Sora left off, basicaly Sora will be locked up in the bell tower or something with Quasimodo trying to convince him to break free and save Asmeralda. Then you'll finish the story in that world and once you're finished there then control shifts back to Riku and you finish his story in the Jungle Book World.

This is the only way I can see it working out, mainly because if it happened randomly then you would be able to finish one story before the other. Then what would happen after that? I can see the dropping having something to do with the switching though.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I hope i'm right too.

I like that, I can handle that. xD I was so worried that he was insinuating it would be during gameplay and that would completely confuse me.
This way really is like a TV show; leaving you on a cliff hanger so you keep watching.

I think Nomura's smart enough to see how annoying that would get :p. Hmm, it is starting to interest me as to why Sora and Riku will be in seperate places at a time and not working together on their journey..
Sometimes Nomura makes poor choices though. xD
I think they're separate because they have to learn to trust each other again. Nomura mentioned that the game would have to do with trust; which says to me that they aren't together because they have to rely on the other to finish their own task/mission.

Radon

mofo
Sometimes Nomura makes poor choices though. xD
I think they're separate because they have to learn to trust each other again. Nomura mentioned that the game would have to do with trust; which says to me that they aren't together because they have to rely on the other to finish their own task/mission.

We already know they're not seperate. Nomura said it forces a change of character on you, or something along those line.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
I hope i'm right too.

But Nomura says the switch also happens during gameplay.

Crystal

Silver Member

You mean like changing the character's scenario during cutscene?

Crystal

Silver Member
From the article, it seem saying that the changing character happen in the middle of battle/in middle of walkthrough and doesn't affected by the storyline.

Yeah.. That's what i intepret too :)

Dowhax

Bronze Member
I kinda wonder, if there are trophies, there's a trophy for getting all alternate cutscenes. Like for instance the scene where Sora/Riku are about to attack Xemnas/ASOD in Traverse Town.

Edit: Sorry I just saw I screwed up on the town, but quickly changed it.

Last edited:

Crystal

Silver Member
I kinda wonder, if there are trophies, there's a trophy for getting all alternate cutscenes. Like for instance the scene where Sora/Riku are about to attack Xemnas/ASOD in Twilight Town.

Same like BBS, getting trophies when you achieve something?

Dowhax

Bronze Member
Yes, they seem to like doing this now for some reason. They did it again with Coded.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
But Nomura says the switch also happens during gameplay.

If I remember correctly, he said that the switch has something to do with gameplay. This could mean many different things, switching after certain cutscenes could be considered gameplay since you are switching from gameplay as Sora to gameplay as Riku, that could be considered a type of gameplay. It doesn't have to mean it switches during gameplay as in battles.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
If I remember correctly, he said that the switch has something to do with gameplay. This could mean many different things, switching after certain cutscenes could be considered gameplay since you are switching from gameplay as Sora to gameplay as Riku, that could be considered a type of gameplay. It doesn't have to mean it switches during gameplay as in battles.
Nomura says that the switch between the characters will be forced upon you, and they'll be sudden. For example, during battle and when walking around in town, you'll suddenly switch.
This Week's Flying Get: F Style (andriasang.com, 01.26.2011)

Crystal

Silver Member

From the article, it says it will change the character's scenario forcefully even you're in battle or walking around in the town.
I don't know how it happen. But what you've said, it going to be more neat. I mean change character's scenario after certain cutscene.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
@ rac7d - In other words, there's absolutely nothing new in the article.

Though honestly, it's refreshing to see proper spelling and grammar in your post for once. Are you like, too lazy to bother with it normally? Just wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back