• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Beta-Sora or final draft?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Yay or Nay?

• Proto-Sora (with keyblade)

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • I still prefer human Sora

Votes: 15 83.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anagram

Banned
Just something for a little bit of fun. I know Sora's look is set for 13yrs now but nonetheless would you have liked to have seen Soras initial design? Do you like it better? Prefer it or find it having something the finalized human Sora doesn't?

Beta-Sora:

character01.jpg

(some fanmade render)

concept_sora_render_by_dj1nnsgr1mo1r3-d6cywwx.png

And here's a sketch idea from KHI's thread of lost designs: http://forums.khinsider.com/kingdom...-treasure-kingdom-hearts-design-document.html

Chernabog.png

============================================

Personally I wish the design had been used. The Proto-Sora has more personality imo. A bit more of a disney feel to him. Of course I agree with the sentiments about the chainsaw blade so if Proto-Sora was used I'd want him with his keyblade.

So for this thread I do mean Proto-Sora with his keyblade.

What about everyone else? Please try to shake off the 13yrs of being used to human Sora and let me know what you think.
Still prefer human Sora? Are you at least slightly curious of Proto-Sora? Would you have preferred him?

ok sunny

Awards
I think the Proto-Sora looks great. I don't really like how he's a lion-human-hybrid, but it's still neat. I would choose the Sora over what we have now because I like the way he developed over the series, and this one seems a bit too exaggerated and baggy for my taste. Though I do really like the hairstyle and earrings. He looks fashionable ahaha

I feel the same exact way with the fan made render, so I guess my vote goes to the human Sora

Last edited:

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Human Sora just looks so much better,especially with how he looks in later installments.

I can't see beta sora's kh2 and kh3 outfits topping the human Sora's,but then again who knows.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I still like what we've got now. I have a feeling that the story wouldn't have been able to develop the way it did if we had a lion furry is the protagonist.

Something interesting though: it seems like that signature necklace of his has been a part of his design since day 1, even as a lion-hybrid-thing. Some things just don't change, do they?

Awards
Beta-Sora looks lively and creative, and much less out of place next to Donald and Goofy. The actiony sketch looks so much cooler with him than with final draft Sora.

Buuut I have an admitted bias for human Sora because I'm not sure what proto-Sora would really look like as a render instead of a sketch. He doesn't quite have the iconic or goofy thing that make looking at Donald and Goofy normal, so he may just look kinda off that way. To me, at least.

Awards
I feel like it would be weird unless Riku and Kairi were Furries too, and Xehanort and TAV. They'd at least have to be some type of animal. I think it would be a totally different game. I feel like I'd prefer what we have if given the choice between the two.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I have to admit that the lion/beta version looks rather cool, but the human Sora appeals to me more. There is just something about this dork that makes me smile. I also like more the clothes he is wearing in his human form. Really cool that the crown necklace has been part of the character right from the beginning.
Sora.png

Wander

I feel like it would be weird unless Riku and Kairi were Furries too, and Xehanort and TAV. They'd at least have to be some type of animal. I think it would be a totally different game. I feel like I'd prefer what we have if given the choice between the two.
Now I'm imagining Xehanort as a goat. Thanks for that.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I love both but I like human Sora more. It's more appealing and I feel Proto-Sora would have looked more out of place with the Disney cast than human Sora does.

Yay, I can't get the image of a satyr-hybrid with Xehanort's face on it out of my head. Someone needs to draw this...
Ask and ye shall receive.
M02orw1.png

The head at least.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I love the creativity and uniqueness of the original design and sometimes I wonder what the series would have been like if all of the original characters had been animal hybrids.

But I love human Sora. (That doesn't mean I don't want to see an anthropomorphic form of Sora in the series, though. A Robin Hood world would be a prime opportunity to have a brand new lion Sora design)

M02orw1.png

The head at least.

It's both really awesome and really hilarious. Fudgemint, you're wonderful!

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I love both but I like human Sora more. It's more appealing and I feel Proto-Sora would have looked more out of place with the Disney cast than human Sora does.

M02orw1.png

The head at least.

Oh my god, that's perfect! (Well, I think he should've kept the Spock ears, and a lot of satyrs I've seen have pointy ears as well, but...) You are so awesome.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
If they had stuck with his lion design, I would have loved to have seen Sora (or riku)wonder why human residents of other worlds didn't have a tail like him and the residents from his world. That would have been a great running gag

Precursor Mar

Nah, Human Sora is better. I don't like the idea of all the original characters being furries. Besides most of the Disney characters Sora has met are humans, his old design would look too out of place IMO.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
The odd thing is, I love the beta and final about the same. Final fits in a lot better with certain worlds (could anyone really see beta Sora in POTC when he already kind of stuck out?), but I really love the look and concept behind beta Sora as well.

If the series ever gets a true spinoff series like how World of Final Fantasy is to FF, or Sonic Boom to Sonic (sorta bad example but still), I wouldn't mind seeing Sora's design return to this and everyone else have similar styles.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Is it bad that I'm now really wondering what all of the original humans would look like in furry form?

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
M02orw1.png

The head at least.
Yeah, really Fudgemint, this is a really good drawing! I love it.

I think that I like the human design more. The original design is cool and creative, but I guess that I just prefer a 'dull, ordinary boy' more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back