• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Best Secret Ending

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Like the title says, what secret ending do you think is the best?

• Another Side, Another Story

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • The Gathering

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Yozora

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Other

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
Awards
Personally I'm torn between Another Side, Another Story and The Gathering but I'd probably go with the former. My young mind was blown away by the reveal of Keyblade dual wielding and the introduction of the Neoshadow (my favorite Heartless design). I also remember being kinda disappointed when I found out that The Gathering was a teaser for a prequel that was only on PSP (I wasn't allowed to have a PSP) so that's another contributing factor. Anyways let me know what your favorites are in the comments.

Awards
The poll needs more options, like KH2 secret ending. Personally, I'm biased and still not over the Yozora ending.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
The Gathering/BBS. I remember watching it on YouTube and getting excited for what came after KH2. It set up a lot of speculation with the old man, the Roxas look a like, and who we all thought was Sora's dad, lol

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Guess I'll go with "Other," because Birth by Sleep is hands down the best secret ending.

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
Honestly they’re all so good, but Another Side, Another Story has to take my vote. I still vividly remember the feeling of watching it for the first time and the indescribable sense of awe, intrigue, and mystery which I couldn’t shake until KH2 arrived. It caught me SO off guard after finishing KH1. KH2 and KH3 secret endings accomplish a similar effect really well, but Another Side set the tone for the rest of the series in such a way that I think the games are still trying to catch up to and fully manifest. Heck, the Yozora scene literally quotes part of Deep Dive’s score; if anything it feels like it’s trying to pick up where Another Side left off, in terms of feeling and tone. Absolute classic.

Last edited:

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
ASAS / Deep Dive. The black coats, night and city setting were so mysterious and haunting. Now KH2 absolutely did *not* live up to that setup, but darn if it didn’t keep me hyped for years and years after KH1 first came out.

I always hated KH2’s secret ending, with the boring, dry Keyblade Graveyard setting and the dumb Power Rangers-esque armor designs. I never liked that they made it so everyone had a Keyblade in KH2 itself, and that secret video just made it obvious everyone was going to have one by the time it was over with.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Has to be Birth by sleep.

It's such an incredible scene as it is, with gorgeous CG, choreography and cinematography.
But what really nails it, what really makes it the best, is Fate of the Unknown. Shimomura outdid herself with that track, which pairs with the scene beautifully and informs much of the tone and emotional weight throughout.

ASAS/[deep dive] is cool, but it's also incredibly frenetic and busy, incoherent with an absolute deluge of random information among snippets of action sequence. The track "Another Side" is buried underneath the myriad sound effects. It's a concept video, in the sense that it's an endless series of disparate concepts. Very exciting for fans and to this day a goldmine for theorycrafters, but not exactly a great video in its own right.

Yozora was really interesting an surprising, but it's very brief and without much substance other than those surprises. This one most of all (by virtue of being canonical and not a concept/preview) relies on the KH series and viewer's knowledge thereof to derive any sort of meaning or enjoyment from it.

Birth by sleep stands out as the one that, in my opinion, is uniquely capable of existing in a vacuum. You don't need to be a KH fan to enjoy Birth by sleep. It doesn't rely on you having knowledge of the series, it makes no grand reveals and it doesn't use familiar characters to tease at the future.
It excels at being a teaser for the new game, a reward for completionists and fans in general, and at being a damn good video in its own right.
Therefore, it's the best.

Vulpes XIII

Awards
Another side, Another story gets my vote as I remember the first time I watched it I couldn’t stop thinking about how cool it looked and how much it made me excited for the next Kingdom Hearts game and so many theories were going through my head about dual wielding and what was this mysterious place as well who was the mysterious figure in the black coat and just how powerful was he.

Back