• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

~Best Quotes of KHInsider Forums~

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muke

whatever
Awards
shoot i forgot this ass thread

Gonna add all of these later. :)

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
GUISE IM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN CONTRIBUTE TO THIS THREAD YA KNOW
boku no riku

can we not mention boku no anything ever again

it got 3 before we did

boku no pico only xehanort is the pedo and he's trying to possess all the kids

Dude, stop. I remember seeing that ice cream in the truck scene for a few seconds and I'm telling you I don't want any connection between that shit and sea salt ice cream.

More like a conversation, but...
tumblr_inline_o3d3a6gb4I1qjpv5m_500.gif

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Wow, haha. This is like watching the Amy's Baking Company episode of Kitchen Nightmares: at this point I'm just here for the drama. How far will Square go to alienate its North American fanbase. Does Tetsuya Nomura claim to speak cat? Tune in next week!
KHUX sure is entertaining.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Overall, the most consistent tone of Kingdom Hearts is that it is hopeful. Every single game, no matter how downer the ending, has hope in it. Hope for the future, for these characters. Like, it's a part of this series core fabric. The series' biggest metaphor -- the light in the darkness -- is one of hope. The fact that the literal light of Kingdom Hearts is trapped in the Realm of Darkness is meant to signal this. There was always hope for these characters that they would be given another chance. Even upon Axel's death he expresses hope for himself, Roxas and Naminé -- "Roxas... you have a heart don't you? And, I wonder... do people like Naminé and me... really not have hearts?" -- and Roxas returns hopeful in kind as well, confident that Sora will find the answer for them. Like, no matter the game or character, no matter how bittersweet something is, the series has always maintained that the point wasn't the suffering, the point was that there was hope for something more. KH1 has everyone separated again, but it ends with SDG finding Pluto, with evidence of Mickey's survival. CoM has Sora agree to forget about CO and have his memories fixed, but maintaining the belief that with their promise, Nami and Sora would meet again. CoM has Riku know that the darkness still has a hold on him, but that he is walking the road to dawn. Days has Xion sacrificing herself, but telling Roxas that it's okay, because she'll be part of Sora and that the memories of their time will live on in Sora. BBS literally ends with Blank Points, where, for the first time Aqua cries, but she does it out of hope and the belief that there "will always be a way". Like, shit, people. We get so focused on the tragedy that we don't focus on the final point. There is hope for everyone, and it may not be easy (look how much Riku had to go through to get to the point where he could finally, proudly say, "I'm Riku" at the end of KH3D) but it's possible.

That is Kingdom Heart's larger message -- that there will always be a light in the darkness -- and the idea that a happy ending, after all of that, is too much, too simple, too easy, too predictable or whatever, is just ridiculous to me, and it spits in the face of what this series is about.

And with that, I'm done.

tumblr_mkk6ixOZMz1rku80no2_250.gif
tumblr_mkk6ixOZMz1rku80no3_250.gif

tumblr_mkk6ixOZMz1rku80no1_500.jpg

BIRTH BY SLEEP
AQUA: There is always a way.

KINGDOM HEARTS
MICKEY: Don’t worry. There will always be a door to the light.

It's a bit of a text wall, but damn if it isn't the truth.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Why do I keep forgetting about this Thread
i promise i wall add these when im home haha

Muke

whatever
Awards
i AM KEEPING IT RIGHT NOW OMFG THIS IS SO MUCH AAAH

editing rn

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Makes you wonder which kind of "eternal session" they're having.
Will there be a romantic dinner? CANDLES? CAMPFIRES?!?!??!
You know, there was a time that I really couldn't stand SoRiku and this forum completely changed that.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
chaser: cyberbullying and cheese curds
someone else: mentions MLP
chaser: this isn't the place for that discussion, this is your only warning

the hero we need but certainly don't deserve

I wish I didn't have to keep double posting, but no one else contributes here TuT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back