• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Best list of synthesis items

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

cbielans

I'm looking for the Dense and Twilight items. Anyone have a good list on who drops these items and where to find them?

Xelon99

Awards
List of Synthesis Materials - The Keyhole: Ye Olde Kingdom Hearts Fansite

I used that list. It's simple with an easy overview and percentages if you wanna do some math. Doesn't say where the enemies are, but the ones you need are Nobodies so you can find them in Twilight Town and Twtnw mainly.

For specific routes per material, I'd like to ask to put down which ones you still need. Some nobodies spawn more in certain areas of certain places

cbielans

No longer need the twilight crystal. Not sure what nobody I fought to get it, but I just obtained it.

I need (4) Dense Gems (4) Dense Stones (7) Dense Shards - I started in TWTNW and these numbers were higher and I have just been defeating those normal black heartless guys. I also need (1) Twilight Crystal (5) Twilight Gems (6) Twilight Stones.

Xelon99

Awards
Dense Gems are dropped by Samurais.
Dense Stones are dropped by Snipers
Dense Shards are dropped by Creepers and Dragoons
Twilight Crystals are dropped by Sorcerers
Twilight Gems are dropped by Assassins
Twilight Stones are dropped by Dancers

In TWTNW you can take the path from beginning (Outside on the Lightbridge) all the way up to Xemnas. If you have several Lucky Lucky abilities equipped you should be able to get those numbers in one or two runs through the castle. It's more efficiently than going to specific places where one kind spawns in bulk.

cbielans

Haven't gotten past Twilight's View yet. Still trying to defeat Saix. I also got some items from the tower in Twilight Town.

cbielans

Also how do I obtain the ultimate weapon? In KH1 you had to synthesize all items. Is it kind of the same thing in KH2?

Update on materials needed:
(5) Twilight Gems
(4) Twilight Stones
These are the only two I need left for Save the King. Best place to defeat the Assassins and Dancers?

Last edited:

Xelon99

Awards
In that case it's a bit slower, past Twilights View are a lot more Assassins, Sorcerers, Snipers, Creepers and Berserkers. But nonetheless, you can sill make your way through the Castle that way to collect your items. Assassins and Sorcerers only spawn in the Castle, so you might as well continue collecting everything there until you have enough Twilight Crystals and Gems.

As for Samurai, Berserker, Dancer, Gambler and Dragoon... they're in good bulk in the Mysterious Tower in Twilight Town. Simply go up and down the staircase.

As for the Ultima, you'll need to find a Synthesis Recipe for it and collect the materials required. Which means you'll need to do the minigames as well. Personally I find it much easier to get the items than in KH1 though

cbielans

I'm now at The Altar of Naught. Should I complete side missions, mini-games etc before I continue? I have not gotten Save the Queen or the Ultimate weapon. Also something about the Fenrir was mentioned. Where can I find this? Just wasn't sure if any of this was necessary. Also I noticed I still have one keyhole left of Hollow Bastion. Do I need to do something now to complete that or will that come after beating Xemnas?

BTW thanks for your help.

cbielans

Which is better Feniri or the ultima weapon? I went to where you are supposed to go to defeat Sephiroth to get the Feniri but he isn't there. So If the ultima weapon is the best, I will just get that.

Xelon99

Awards
You could either finish all side mission and whatnot, or finish the story first. You can save afterwards and come back to that exact point. More things will be unlocked afterwards though. The Save the Queen/Save the King and Ultima must be synthesized. You need to find the recipes first.

The Decisive Pumpkin is in general use the best keyblade. And generally used for most battles and speedrun data battles among that part of the community. To trigger Sephiroth you must completely clear Hollow Bastion first, speak to him on the location where Malificent saved you, then get back to the main market area to talk to Cloud. Then once you get back to Sephiroth you can fight him. The part you miss on Hollow Bastion is probably the Space Paranoids section, no idea. You can check that in game on the journal.

cbielans

I think it is the space paranoids...I need to get to Central Computer Mesa to get the rest of the treasures. Do you know how?

Xelon99

Awards
Simple go right back to the computer area and go back in the computer. Same way as you did the first time (simply examine the main computer and select one of the places to enter)

cbielans

Update: A new episode was added to hollow bastion after I completed the 2nd keyhole in Olympus Coliseum. So I think I may have figured it out.
Olympus Coliseum
It won't let me access that area. I haven't completed it I don't think. I think I need to seal the third keyhole on hollow bastion. I tried a certain area in space paranoids, but it asks for a specific rider for something. I thought Tron, but I guess not?

Last edited:

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
To get to Space Paranoids, you have to clear every other world a second time, so that's both Olympus Coliseum and Pride Lands. So if you're still having trouble, I have a feeling that that's what you're missing.

cbielans

Last update ;) : Got them!

Update 2: I believe I need Power Shard and Frost Stone. I am going to see where to get these by googling, but if you have any input let me know.

Update: finally got my twilight gems to get Save the King. I just need to figure out what materials I haven't gotten and where to get them.

Yeah I just had to beat the Coliseum for the 2nd time. For some reason I thought I beat it already. Now I'm trying to get the ultima weapon and save the King. I just need to find those twilight gems.

Last edited:

cbielans

Also I know to get an Orichalcum +, I have to obtain all materials. I believe. I have some materials with a bunch of ?'s. How to I figure out what those are? One under B looks like a blue gem and one under C another blue gem.

cbielans

KH2 is officially beat minus all side missions and mini games (I did some of them)! On to Chain of Memories. Any game suggestions after CoM? I will need some to tide me over until KH3 comes out. I only have a PS2 so no PS3 games unfortunately.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
KH2 is officially beat minus all side missions and mini games (I did some of them)! On to Chain of Memories. Any game suggestions after CoM? I will need some to tide me over until KH3 comes out. I only have a PS2 so no PS3 games unfortunately.

Well, there aren't any other Kingdom Hearts games on the system, are you looking for more action-adventure games? I like Dark Cloud 2. or maybe RPGs? Everyone likes Persona 3 and 4.

cbielans

Have you played KH 358/2 for PS3 and KH birth by sleep for PS3? Are they any fun? Can you by them separately from 1.5 and 2.5? If not I'm not sure it's worth it cuz I have the other three games and I'd have to get myself a PS3.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Have you played KH 358/2 for PS3 and KH birth by sleep for PS3? Are they any fun? Can you by them separately from 1.5 and 2.5? If not I'm not sure it's worth it cuz I have the other three games and I'd have to get myself a PS3.

The PS3 remakes of those games are only available in the bundles, and the "remake" of Days isn't even a game, it's a collection of cinematics, sort of like a movie. If you want to play those games, you'd have to get a PS3 or get the originals on the DS (Days, coded) and PSP (BBS). BBS is certainly worth it, Days and coded are generally worth it but less enthusiastically. But if you don't have the systems, there's not much you can do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back