• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Best Disney Movie?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Askman

I really like the Lion King the most. It's one that even though I haven't seen in years, it still holds a special place in my heart.

The villain Scar is the major reasons I like the movie. He's a brilliant villain, only rivaled by Jafar. The chaotic plot he creates and carries out is absolutely cold-blooded and ruthless, and he does it to his brother with relative ease. The appearence of the Pride Lands on Simba's reurtn is a sight to behold, and is a great example of Scar's insane abuse of power. The final battle against Scar on Pride Rock is great; and I hope it's replicated in KH2.

The music in the movie is great, especially "Be Prepared." I love the song. Yet again Scar's chaotic power and ambition is heavily displayed in it.

Okay, I like the Lion King because of Scar. So sue me. :)

Crimson Jazz

You ain't got no YEEZY!?!
Lion King."Be Prepared","Hakuna Matata" and "I just can't wait to be King" are the best songs in that movie.The plot is really great and I really like,*beats drum*,Mr.Pig!!!!!!!!!Lion King 1/2 was the best Lion King movie

Hitokiri Efad

Website
baka-onigiri.blogspot.com
Square Ninja said:
I actually enjoyed [Holes]. It was a neat little tale, and it felt a lot like one from a good book for children, which is what it was based off of.
;_; I'm going to hide my face in shame... how could I forget about Holes? I even caught it on TV about a month ago, and realized how fun it had been in theaters. I love the Shia Scream... XD I wonder if he can still do that, now that he's... what, nineteen?

Has anyone mentioned Mary Poppins yet? My sister (who is twenty) and I re-watched it over Fourth of July. We hadn't seen it since I was six, I think. Charming movie, with all the songs that everyone forgets where they were from, and Julie Andrews (one of the few actresses I enjoy watching). Fantastic.

There was Muppet Treasure Island and Muppet Christmas Carol, too. XD Yay, Michael Caine!

Hitokiri Efad

Website
You mean like the horrible Disney sequels? *shudders* One of the FEW good sequels was Toy Story 2... even Mulan II, in which I held a bit of hope, was disappointing. Not intolerable, just disappointing. ...well, I guess Return of Jafar and Prince of Theives weren't too bad (though Return of Jafar isn't on my favorites list).

But yeah, there's nothing like the old watercolor-background Disney movies. Like Bambi.

stephaknee

Hakuna Matata
I liked the Lion King 2.. I used to have a crush on Kovu. (I have no idea how to spell his name ^^;) I thought Toy Story 2 was annoying.. and pretty much any other disney sequal.

Awards
MegaFlare said:
Honorable mentions: Aladdin, Lion King (Stfu, you know you cried when Mufasa died, too)

*Sniff* Yes. I cried in Bambi and Pinocchio too...so sad.

Honestly, am I the only one who thinks Fantasia was good? Still, all the best Disney movies are the classics. Snow White, Bambi, The Aristocats, Alice in Wonderland, The Great Mouse Detective, Beauty and the Beast (Gotta love that Candle-stick and the Clock), Mary Poppins, Bednobs and Broomsticks, etc...etc....

One of the forgotten greats was The Absent-Minded Professor (The original 'Flubber').

Last edited:

Hitokiri Efad

Website
Oh, yeah, I used to watch Absent-Minded Professor all the time... o_o it's still on its old, probably worn-out copied off the Disney channel VHS (like so many of my favorite childhood memories are). Fantasia wasn't my favorite, but I really enjoyed it, now more than when I was younger.

They're not movies, but what about all the old "Disney Trio" (Mickey, Donald, and Goofy) cartoons from the fifties? We still have the Halloween collections on VHS... my sister and I watched them again on Halloween weekend and had fun guessing the era from which the cartoon came, judging by the backgrounds, the furniture (the radios give several of them away...), etc.

Cool man

As in "Chilly"
Okay, it´s gonna take to long time to tell every one of the Disney films I like, so I say a few, just:

The Lion King
Fantasia
Fantasia 2000
Mulan
Aladdin
The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Beauty and the Beast

And Pirates of the Caribbean rocked too, and I adored The Nightmare Before Christmas. And Snow White and the seven Dwarves. Okay, no, it is like I said, I´m gonna say to many!

And I also really likes the short movies with Mickey, Donald and Goofy, like The Brave Little Taylor, The Band Concert, and Mickeys Trailer.

All of them rocks.

The sequels... no. Not at all. The Eisner idiot only did crappy movies to make money. The only good sequel was Toy Story 2.

Okay, now it´s enough.

Hitokiri Efad

Website
Cool man said:
And I also really likes the short movies with Mickey, Donald and Goofy, like The Brave Little Taylor, The Band Concert, and Mickeys Trailer.
Did anyone see the Trio version of The Three Musketeers? I was unbelievably satisfied with it (though I busted out laughing when I recognized the opera to be Pirates of Penzance... then I had to explain it to the thirteen-year-old and the seven-year-old who were in the room as well*...). It really captured the feel of the original Trio cartoons. ...without the radio from the 1950's in the background.

*I'd just like to say, I wasn't the oldest person in the room at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back