• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

best and Worst team partners and summons in KH1 AND 2

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingOfCreeds

To everyone saying that chicken little sucks as a summon, let me remind you how good he is as one. 1: he pulls in surrounding enemies and leaves them practically helpless. 2: he's the prefect choice for those looking to quickly level out the summon gauge because for every hit or kill you make his summon gauge recharges just a bit and is perfect when going against a room full of enemies.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Best Partners: Donald, Ariel, Aladdin (either game), TRON, and Goofy (KH1 only--when he had MP Gift, he was indispensable)

Summons: Tinker Bell in KH1 and Genie (Valor) in KH2 are the only summons I've liked. Although Cloud and Ariel in CoM were pretty awesome. They could do so much more with their summons. I'm still waiting for them to copy the summons in FF games--King Triton or Zeus for lightning (Ixion), Kida or Elsa for ice (Shiva), Pocahontas or the Three Good Faires for an Aero/protection spell, Sorcerer Mickey or soon-to-be Moana for water/a tidal wave (Leviathan), Mushu for fire (Ifrit), the Fairy Godmother or Mama Odie for some light/holy spell, Merlin for stop, Rapunzel or Baymax for healing or reviving (Phoenix), etc. There's so much potential there they haven't even tried to tap into.

The Three Good Fairies could even be a top-tier summon, with Flora casting protection spells on the party (like Aero/Reflect), Merryweather casting offensive spells on the enemies, and Fauna casting cure simultaneously. Sort of like Mighty Guard/White Wind in FF.

Last edited:

Anagram

Banned
Worst Teammates:

Donald.

Best Teammates:

Nonexistent.

Fun/tolerable/ok Teammates:

1. Goofy
2. Everyone else.

Best Summons:

KH1: Tinker Bell. Your party stays out even with her summoned, she heals periodically and revives you once upon death.
KH2: Stitch. He is practically the best teammate possible every. If you dont use his limits and just let him roam the screen he'll deflect incoming damage both in enemies and attacks, even the Lingering Wills, and he will keep your MP full. Making him better support than Donald in magic. haha

Worst and "meh" Summons:

Every summon that isn't Stitch or Tinker Bell.

FEZeldalord12345

Hmm...I'd have to say my favorite teammate is KH1 Goofy. His abilities make him feel really versatile, allowing me to change him from a heavy-hitter with Rocket or Tornado to a support character with MP Gift. As for favorite Summon, Dumbo from KH1. Tinker Bell is the only summon that's useful if you aren't doing a magic-heavy playthrough. However, if you choose the Dream Rod and equip all of your MP-boosting equipment on Sora, the other Summons become incredible. If I had to choose a Summon, it would be Dumbo. Why? Because you're invincible while using him! It feels amazing to be invincible and deal tons of damage to my foes! With 3 Cheers, and equipment boosting Sora's MP up to 12(I believe it was 12?) Dumbo shaved off half of Dragon Maleficent's life!

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I remember Chicken Little being a partner in Kingdom Hearts 2. I didn't use him much, but was he a good partner? I remember one of his attacks was him just throwing balls or something.

Veritas7340

Kingdom Hearts I

Best Teammates:

1) Goofy: MP gift is the most valuable ability that perhaps any teammate has ever had in KH. For some reason, Goofy's MP gift was always more reliable than Donald's Cure. This is probably because Goofy doesn't die all the time and doesn't rapidly deplete his MP bar.

2) Tarzan: At this point in the game, he is the first person who can cast Cure and Aero. Plus, his offense was very effective.

3) Ariel: She can cast cure, cast thunder, and her spiral attack did considerable damage.

4) Donald: Although his health is an issue, cure is a valuable ability. Plus, when he gets abilities like mp rage and mp haste, he becomes more valuable

5) Beast: The only reason Beast is so low on the list is because he provides no defensive support, no cure or aero. Plus, at this point in the game, if Goofy has MP gift, Beast may be superfluous. Regardless, his offense packs a punch against the Hollow Bastion crowds

Kingdom Hearts II

Best Teammates:

1) Riku: Dark firaga, dark shield, cure, + a great limit = best party member in KHII

2) Goofy: Almost forgot about Valor form. Yes, I know Valor form is overpowered. I also don't really care because it is rather fun to use. If I want a challenge, I won't use it. However, when I like to be the monster that conquers all in its path, then Valor form is the method of choice.

3) Simba: Given the restrictiveness of the lion cub form, Simba's limit is the only powerful offense you have, so this is an easy reason to put him into the top 3. Plus, he also has cure and a good offensive attack

4) Donald: Can cure you while in Valor form. Besides that, his limits, again a little overpowered, are great fun. Comet was one of the most reliable ways of fighting Xaldin.

5) Auron: Good offense, defense, and limit

Last edited:

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Kingdom Hearts I

Best Teammates:

1) Goofy: MP gift is the most valuable ability that perhaps any teammate has ever had in KH. For some reason, Goofy's MP gift was always more reliable than Donald's Cure. This is probably because Goofy doesn't die all the time and doesn't rapidly deplete his MP bar.

2) Tarzan: At this point in the game, he is the first person who can cast Cure and Aero. Plus, his offense was very effective.

3) Ariel: She can cast cure, cast thunder, and her spiral attack did considerable damage.

4) Donald: Although his health is an issue, cure is a valuable ability. Plus, when he gets abilities like mp rage and mp haste, he becomes more valuable

5) Beast: The only reason Beast is so low on the list is because he provides no defensive support, no cure or aero. Plus, at this point in the game, if Goofy has MP gift, Beast may be superfluous. Regardless, his offense packs a punch against the Hollow Bastion crowds

Kingdom Hearts II

Best Teammates:

1) Riku: Dark firaga, dark shield, cure, + a great limit = best party member in KHII

2) Goofy: Almost forgot about Valor form. Yes, I know Valor form is overpowered. I also don't really care because it is rather fun to use. If I want a challenge, I won't use it. However, when I like to be the monster that conquers all in its path, then Valor form is the method of choice.

3) Simba: Given the restrictiveness of the lion cub form, Simba's limit is the only powerful offense you have, so this is an easy reason to put him into the top 3. Plus, he also has cure and a good offensive attack

4) Donald: Can cure you while in Valor form. Besides that, his limits, again a little overpowered, are great fun. Comet was one of the most reliable ways of fighting Xaldin.

5) Auron: Good offense, defense, and limit

It would be cool if I could use the Drive Forms while in lion cub form.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
1. Tinkerbell. She saved my life so many times. <3
Partners...I don't know, I always like those who heal, like Donald and Ariel.

2. Riku. <3 <3 I wanted to play as him baaadly but having him as a partner was okay as well.
Partner...I love Stitch. Genie is cool too.

Worst...Chicken Little. Literally never used him. o0
And I don't like Aladdin as a partner, but that's because I don't like Agrabah or anything of it.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
1. Tinkerbell. She saved my life so many times. <3
Partners...I don't know, I always like those who heal, like Donald and Ariel.

2. Riku. <3 <3 I wanted to play as him baaadly but having him as a partner was okay as well.
Partner...I love Stitch. Genie is cool too.

Worst...Chicken Little. Literally never used him. o0
And I don't like Aladdin as a partner, but that's because I don't like Agrabah or anything of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kkUNr1abNU Here's Chicken Little fighting along with Sora.

On a side note, I am not very impressed with the summon.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Completely!! I have to replay the game immediately and use my Drive gauge everytime I can to summon this overpowered superchicken. ♥♥♥

It's a shame that the movie he was in didn't do him service.

Was Jack Sparrow a good partner?

I didn't like Minnie much, protecting her felt like a chore and her power wasn't of much help in my opinion. Did anyone else hate Minnie or Jack Sparrow?

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
It's a shame that the movie he was in didn't do him service.

Was Jack Sparrow a good partner?

I didn't like Minnie much, protecting her felt like a chore and her power wasn't of much help in my opinion. Did anyone else hate Minnie or Jack Sparrow?

Phew, not a clue. I found most of the partners in KH2 kind of useless because they played dead almost through the whole game.

Protecting Minnie was okaaaaaay, not great. I always used that place for some munny and at least she didn't die in like 1 hit like Cinderella in BbS (I hate that part...)

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Phew, not a clue. I found most of the partners in KH2 kind of useless because they played dead almost through the whole game.

Protecting Minnie was okaaaaaay, not great. I always used that place for some munny and at least she didn't die in like 1 hit like Cinderella in BbS (I hate that part...)
Yeah, Cinderella wouldn't make a great partner. I don't know if the same could be said for the other princesses. I think there were some stuff you could unlock within KH2 due to who and the amount of times you partnered with.

Veritas7340

It would be cool if I could use the Drive Forms while in lion cub form.

Yeah, that would be cool, and frankly, it wouldn't be that hard to do. All the designers would have to do is make it so lion cub Sora would carry two keyblades instead of one. It doesn't seem that hard.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Yeah, that would be cool, and frankly, it wouldn't be that hard to do. All the designers would have to do is make it so lion cub Sora would carry two keyblades instead of one. It doesn't seem that hard.

I wonder why they didn't do that.

Simba was a big help in KH2, though I thought the reaction commands got a little too repetitive from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back