• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

best american voice actor

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Oblivion007

mine is the guy that does mugen's voice in samurai champloo. he make it good to here american voices over japanese cartoons.:thumbsup:

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Let's examine for a minute the usual dub. The general rule is that they're all cringe-inducing affairs. Pretty much the only good English dubs were Cowboy Bebop and...uh...Cowboy Bebop.

The only good English voice actors are the ones that don't do anime.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
What about the VAs of Fullmetal Alchemist, FLCL, Ghost in the Shell, Paranoia Agent, Neon Genesis Evangelion, etc.

You can't judge them all on generalitzation. Personally, I find most Japanese VAs quite flat, mostly because I can't understand what they're saying.

Also, the VAs for anything aside from anime are usually high quality actors who've been doing what they're doing before anime was ever mainstram over here.

~Dorian Gray

Henskie

I'm Batman
I personally also Like the Bleach VA's and I liked Cowboy Bebop's VA's and also .hack//signs VA's werent bad

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
Steve Blum, yeah, he's okay. Doesn't have much varitation, though, aside from the stuff he's done for Orochimaru's dub voice.

I didn't realize that was him until I checked, actually.

btw, I didn't really enjoy Cowboy Bebop's VA's as much as I did others. Steamboy dwarfed it, so did Champloo. Hell, even End of Eva had better VAs than that.

~Dorian Gray

Ysu

Formerly Kown as..
Website
www.myspace.com
Kirk Thorton. He did Jin for Samurai Champloo, Saix for Kingdom Hearts II and various other Anime characters. I'm really hoping he gets casted for the voice of Kuchiki Byakuya in the Bleach engdub.

Duo_forbidden

Dance with the Dark Side
Steven Blum
Tara stong well actually she's Canadian but still good.
Everybody in Ghost in the Shell SAC especially Mary Elizabeth McGlynn who plays the Major.
Johnny Yong Bosch
Kirk Thorton
Veronica Taylor because I'm so used to her play Ash in pokemon
Lara Jill Miller cause I'm used to that voice.

I know there's others out there, but those are some I can think of that are pretty good or I like.:mellow:

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
What about the VAs of Fullmetal Alchemist, FLCL, Ghost in the Shell, Paranoia Agent, Neon Genesis Evangelion, etc.

Fullmetal Alchemist's English dub wans't really that good. There are several occasions that made me want to jam silverware into my cochleas.

You can't judge them all on generalitzation. Personally, I find most Japanese VAs quite flat, mostly because I can't understand what they're saying.

It really doesn't make that much difference to me (since I can't understand Japanese), but I would rather hear it in the language it was created in as opposed to a potentially bad localization.

Also, the VAs for anything aside from anime are usually high quality actors who've been doing what they're doing before anime was ever mainstram over here.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaa....no. There about a dozen voice actors in the US that don't suck. Even then they've been doing the same stuff over and over again, generally anime and crappy cartoons.

I have never heard the likes of Tony Jay, Michael Bell, or Rene Auberjonois in anime. Those are some good voice actors.

Henskie

I'm Batman
I like most Japanese dubbing I think it is pretty solid overall and with most shows I have no comlaints

BlackBlitz7

Website
burstingenergy.ultimaterpg.org
STEVE STALEY IS THE BEST and Cripin Freemen are my favs as well as Kirk thorton and Stev Blum and Kari Whalgreen and Lara Jill Miller and Johhny Young Bosch and Michelle Ruff but STEVE STALEY is my ABSOLUTE fav above all

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa aaa....no. There about a dozen voice actors in the US that don't suck. Even then they've been doing the same stuff over and over again, generally anime and crappy cartoons.

You do realize this is almost exactly what I said, but just worded a bit differently?

Cowboy Bebop had countless moments just like the ones you described, where I just wanted to rip the tv apart. It may be a solid dub, but it has it's holes, just as FMA does.

~Dorian Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back