• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Beloved community, we're gathered here today...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
to discuss this amazing forum. lol. xD

The forum has been a few users home over the years. Myself included because, I think of it as a place to be among my friends. Some of us have stayed close to a decade or less on the forum. While some of us are fairly new, and discovering the charming parts of KHI and making it their new home. Of course, a great many of us have left over the years, be it news droughts, friends growing up and seeing past the horizon. So without further ado, I'll ask my favorite community these particular questions.

How long do you think you'll stay on KHI?
If you left KHI before, what keeps bringing you back?
What do you like about KHI the most?

This topic usually gets asked around in a decade, perhaps after five years at most. I promise this is like the last thread I'll make for the day. xD lol.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Can't say how long I'll stay. I'm definitely not planning on leaving or anything.
Shortly after registering, I kinda disappeared for a while. That was mostly due to getting a new job, breaking up and shit like that.
I mostly like the nice people you cam meet here, honestly. Some I consider very good pals, and I kinda plan on meetinh at least some of the folks here one day :)

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
I first found KHI back in KH2 days, but I have only vague memories from then and unfortunately I can't remember my old username :( Would be funny to see what kind of embarrassing stuff I wrote back then. Or maybe not. Maybe it's better this way.

Then in 2015 I thought it would be cool to try and maybe befriend some KH fans so I tried to log in again. Only to realize I couldn't remember the name or password anymore lol. So I made a new account. I didn't stay long though, because no one would talk to me and everything was scary xD Good thing I tried again last year, because now I've gotten to know all these amazing people and even make friends. Success beyond what I was really even expecting. I don't see how I'd ever stop loving KH, so you probably won't be getting rid of me anymore. I feel comfortable here and like the community a lot~

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
The things that are keeping me here include the wonderful active community, my own love of the series, and the intelligent discussion and analysis of the series, video games, science, social issues, and even personal issues that this community loves to give attention to.

I really, really love leaving as much of my own opinions here as possible, and I hope I don't have to leave for an extended period again for a longggg time :D

Muke

whatever
Awards
I don't think I'll leave within the next 5-10 years at least, so I think I'll stay here for a long time.
I really like the people here and how everybody's helpful.
KHi is like a place of refuge for me and I really consider it my second 'home'. People here know more about me than my friends in real life, so that says a lot.

I was also inactive when I joined first (I think I didn't post for a year or so?), because I really wasn't sure if my English was good enough (I just kinda doubted myself, but let's be honest: for my age my English is very good xD) BUT I digress.

So, yeah. That's what I like most about KH: the community, the many discussions and that's actually it. ^^

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I left once because Monkey and I got into an argument when I was fairly new, and then again when I wasn't that new. I probably will leave once KH3 is done and said with only because I want to be a casual player post-Xehanort Saga.

I love y'all, though.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I left once because Monkey and I got into an argument when I was fairly new, and then again when I wasn't that new. I probably will leave once KH3 is done and said with only because I want to be a casual player post-Xehanort Saga.

I love y'all, though.

I love u more. stay until we reach a verdict if on KH3 is good or stinky and then leave

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I made the account in 2008 because I was big on bbs hype, then I left and didn't come back until summer of 2010 because bbs. I'm not sure why I stayed or why anyone put up with me because I was awful, in 2013 I was homeless and disappeared until late 2014 as a completely different person.

I only really came back to see who was left of the people that tolerated me before saying my goodbyes, exchanging FBs and leaving for good. But then I ended up finding some... really amazing people who helped me get better. They're the reason I stay and I'm glad that my constant shitposting didn't get me banned before I got to find a place here. I barely post here anymore but I'm always watching over; I'll be here when I'm needed.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards

I love y'all, though.

Samesies. I don't have the patience and money anymore. I might linger around though.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
Hello, and welcome to another report on "Why the eff am I still on this website after 9 years", with your host, some douchebag with too much time on his hands that is procrastinating a dissertation.

I believe I will spend a minimum of 33 years here, before ascending to a higher plane. Like KH13 or something. Oh shit, whaddup. Now the admins hate me.

I said this in another post, but my time here years ago became quite negative. Let me just say right now, I was a dumb lil shit. I was an angsty brat, and I was an idiot in my early teens. I joined here when I was about 13-14? A lot of the stuff I said and did is a lot different from how I might act now. I think towards the end of my original bout here, I started flaming two people. One, I don't really know who it was, but I believe it was a misunderstanding, where I wished for an unfortunate ailment to affect him. Another was just a new member who picked fights, and I would try and instigate it for fun because "lol troll xD".

But at the same time, there seemed to be a lot of harassment on this website. There were a few key members that I believe would try and berate people here. In a bizarre way, one of the reasons was "Ew, you still like Kingdom Hearts" on a Kingdom Hearts forum, because liking Kingdom Hearts was so KH2. "What's that? I'm on a Kingdom Hearts forum so I should like Kingdom Hearts? No, I like the community". I remember seeing that a lot, but always thought it was so bizarre to see these members rag on members that did on a site dedicated to said series. Some of these members were so malicious to others, it was unreal. Once upon a time, when I was insecure about my appearance as a dorky 15 year old, I posted a photo of myself in one of the Photo Albums. A few of these members used that against me. I believe one told me he would kill himself, knowing he had my genes. And a few other members continued that. I later remember having an argument with one of the members, but don't remember why. Instead of giving a response to the argument, he instead just replied using my photo to insult me. I also didn't feel comfortable going to the staff here, because as far as I'm aware, they were involved. I remember one site staff berating one of my opinions because it was different from mine. That was pretty much the final straw, and I left.

But, well, as you know, I came back years later, after sparingly coming back. I've been back for a good few months, and yes, I still see a few members acting like pricks, but those people have more or less died out. In fact, there's a lot more positivism here, and that's why I like being here. I actually feel like a member here now, and that's a feeling I never really had here to begin with, nor have I had in years on other forums. It's the reason why I'll join a forum and leave - I don't have a place in the community, but for here, I actually do. Like, big shout out to the Restoration Committee. It feels really nice to be included.

I really liked Scubasteve's content, and I miss it.

Tyrant Raver

The Dragon
Awards
Been here since the KH2 hype. Since my high school days, graduated high school then college, married and had my first kid. Still here I am. Pretty sure I'm still going to be here even after I have my first grandkid. (I hope)

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I wish I was back here full-time. I just have a lot to worry and things I don't want to miss out. I miss all of the cool mods here; including you SugarLips, Tao, Spock, and Chaser. Haven't forgotten about Chuman, Fudgemint and Launchpad. What keeps me coming back is the community.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Hopefully I'll never leave here. Probably when I'm married and have children but that's awhile from now lol.
I've never technically "left", but I have taken some breaks awhile ago to get over my depression years and then come back. I'll always keep coming here for my friends and the fun.
I like about KHI is finding fans of the series that are exactly like me. And that you make such wonderful friends on here that are not like any other people you've met, and have always been really helpful for you and encouraging. Also I have a place to unleash my fangirl power of Riku. But mostly it's the friends and other community members. Stay beautiful everyone. ;)

Peace

Awards
I originally joined this forum under a different name back in May 2007. I believe I found this site trying to find news on Kingdom Hearts or just browsing around and just happened upon this website. Then I left for a bit, forgot my password for the old account, and rejoined using the name I got now. Then I left for a longer while and came back and have been here ever since.

Though I don't have an accurate timetable of these events.

I'll stay as long as possible. Just as long as I don't get banned for whatever reason.

I don't know really. Maybe it's because it's one of the first forums I joined. Or how much I like the series. But I think the thing that was my main draw is the Roleplaying Section. For some reason, the idea of multiple writers coming together to form a story keeps appealing to me. Despite the fact I don't post much.

I like the people here. I didn't really talk to other users when I initially joined but more recently. Everyone is chill here and that's kinda tough to find on the internet nowadays. And the friends I've made here.

And again, the Roleplaying Section. With all the writing I've done there, it has helped me try to write my own work and it lets me get feedback for it. (which I really need to get back into. Ahhhhhhhhhh!)

ImVentus

Awards
I have had a habit that I used to stay for like a 1 month and then just not spend time here cause life changed. Then yet, I just feel like I can always return back here when I need to. I met some really nice members and shared interesting discussions here.

I just feel like I have a good time. So I come back when I need.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
This place is fantastic. Everyone is super friendly, and when there is someone causing trouble we're not afraid to stand up for each other. I remember when my most popular thread at the time, a thread about Sora x Kairi, got shut down because a now ex-community member was intentionally starting fights with everyone and made the thread toxic as ever. Everyone was super supportive and banded together to protect anyone from any unneeded harm, and that was the moment when I knew that I was officially part of this community.

Also, Chuman has cool memes

therealansem was right
aerith is a PoH squad
savagenymph 5ever
days sucks

EDIT: Should probably answer the OP haha

I've taken Hiatus' every once in a while, whether I'm too busy at school or just posted too infrequently. The main reason I keep coming back is for you people. I've met many great people here over the years, from Chuman to Harmonie to Bufferino to VoidGear to Recon to Howler to SoulXaldin to DreadedDesire to EnchantedDominion, and all of them are what make me come back every time (except for EnchantedDominion, which I'm pretty sure doesn't exist here anymore lol).

On top of that, it's just a place where I can share my thoughts on... anything, really, and you guys will give me an outlet to express them. I can't thank you all enough for that, especially when I was a cringe-y teenager.

Awards
I'm new here, and hopefully I'll stick around! The community seems really friendly and the users that have been here for a while seem to all know each other! Hopefully, I'll be able to form some of the friendships that they seem to have! And I love looking at different posts! It's interesting to see what other people people have to say!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back