• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Being Thirty and feeling depressed about it?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guernsey

Awards
I had been thirty for almost a four months now but I still feel like my life is over and I feel basically worthless as now my life is over. I know people keep telling that thirty is not bad and is still considered to be young, I don't think I believe it as feels like my life is over. I know shouldn't feel this way but this is how I feel and had been feeling four months now.

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
If you're willing to, could you explain why you feel this way? Or do you not know exactly why you feel this way?

Like me, I'm feeling pretty depressed that I'm about to hit 30 and still haven't found a partner, and that explains it for me (or that's one explanation).

Pokie

Hopefully you still have years and years ahead of you ! Your life hasn't stopped because of your age and it shouldn't. You can still go on a adventure and learn things and make new friends and things. I suggest maybe saving up and going on a small holiday somewhere ? Maybe to a Disney theme park ? Just have a small adventure.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
There’s this toxic mindset going around that if you haven’t done everything you wanted to before you turn 30, you’ve missed your chance. But that’s pretty stupid when you think about it. I’m a few years shy of 30 myself, but only now do I feel as though I’m starting to get my life together while others my age have found their path a decade ago. Hell, my best bud just finished his nursing program and started working as an RN while I’ve only just started my learning in becoming an electrical engeineer, and it’ll take me at least another year or two to actually finish that off. Keep in mind we’ve also agreed to move in together as roommates soon in the future. So picture a nurse earning more than 1k in every paycheck moving in with a guy who will have a minimum wage (most likely part-time) job while taking classes and that’ll be my future in a year or two. I’ll be relying on my bud while in my thirties, with no girlfriend and no finished pieces of “art” I’ve been dreaming of doing since high school.

But that’s fine because we literally have all the time in the world. We can work on our writing, drawings, or photography whenever we want whenever we have downtime—even if it’s just a little bit. Love can fall into our laps at any point in time. Work can come at us when we least expect it. Friendships can pop up everywhere, even more so now with the internet. We all grow and develop on our own time so if you’re a little older than you thought you’d be and you still haven’t done The Thing you wanted or are worried you don’t have Enough Time left over, or even if you haven’t met That Perfect Person yet, don’t worry. There’s plenty left to see and do.

Guernsey

Awards
If you're willing to, could you explain why you feel this way? Or do you not know exactly why you feel this way?

Like me, I'm feeling pretty depressed that I'm about to hit 30 and still haven't found a partner, and that explains it for me (or that's one explanation).

I feel like half my life is over and it all goes downhilll for me. I still want to finish school, I can no longer participate activities that I want anymore and then there is the actual aging process.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
This is definitely a case of identity crisis. My advice, have a bucket list and go all out to achieve everything on that bucket list. More often than not, it's not an age situation as much as it is an "I should have experienced this sensation at around this time" moment.

And besides, in today's digital society, age identity is not as definitive as it was a decade ago. More young people are having loss of innocence and older people are having new experiences that would be better associated with younger people. Don't worry, be happy.

Guernsey

Awards
Maybe you are right. Being thirty should be so bad but I feel like an old fogie in comparison to younger people.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Things can change drastically in such a short amount of time that it's easy to let life slip away from you. All you can do is support yourself the best you can and find friends your age who can support you just as much. Just remember how hard it was as a kid to get adults to understand you and you'll realize that now you're in that position and things just change.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
I'm some where near 30 and play video games amd watch T.V all day and don't have a job. My health is declining too, i occasionally shit post on khi and other areas on the web. No ambition and no plan for the future, and you know what? I'm happy, I'm happy because every morning I wake up and take a deep breath and my morning shit I'm reminded that I'm alive and that whatever comes next will be for the best. Things have a way of working out, no matter what your age, who you have in your life. At the end of the day just be the best you that you can possibly be and don't let the world bring you down with ideas of this grand idyllic live you should strive for, Just do you. 30 or 65, just diddlyin live.

Last edited:

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Gotta start living your life the way you wanna eventually my guy. All I can tell you is do what Alpha Baymax said, it will help substantially in removing yourself from your head which is apparently a place we're you're condemning yourself and thats no bueno. I just know, it's easier with friends or family, it's absolutely true that the tendencies and influences of people close to us do rub off on us, well into our adult lives even. So surround yourself with a good crowd thats outgoing, or honestly just the exact opposite of how you're feeling and see what happens.

Guernsey

Awards
I will try that. Will that get rid of the "Its too late for me feel" that I keep getting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back