• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Being newly single sucks....

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

pokepotterkhkids

Website
www.freewebs.com
So, July 28th, 2008 I started dating a guy on here. We were together for almost 2 years. We had plans to get married, yadaydadayada. We've been fighting alot recently, but we only now (a week or so ago) broke up. I know that there's supposed to be glory in being single, but I can't really feel any of it. I feel kinda devoid of life. I can't really feel anything at all. It's like being single is ruining me. I try not to let it get to me, because I'm trying to become more mature, but I can't seem to stop it.

Plus, there's 2 guys I've really liked for a long time. We used to be best friends, but now they're both trying to get me to go out with them. Let me call them Peter and Ned. Peter and Ned have never liked each other, even though they've never met. Peter asked me out first, and when I told Ned, he got all depressed. I want to go out with somebody, but I don't want to have to chose sides or have one and not the other.

So, most of you know I used to screw up pretty much everything, and I'm trying to get my life back in order from all that. I'm trying to apologize to everyone I've hurt, and I'm trying to become more mature. But I don't really know what to do about this.

Help?

impart

Climb The Sky
dont go out with ether of them it will just make things needlessly complicated

besides. boys have cooties

if you are so distraught about being single maybe consider staying single and learning to be on your own.
it cant hurt.

besides, being single is awesome. you are free of obligation and pesky dependent boys bugging you 24/7

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
People come; people go. That's all there is to it. Pick up your things and move along.

I feel kinda devoid of life. I can't really feel anything at all. It's like being single is ruining me. I try not to let it get to me, because I'm trying to become more mature, but I can't seem to stop it.

Spend some time being single for a while, and leave the two guys be. If you are not capable of being single, you are definitely not emotionally mature enough to be in a relationship.

So, most of you know I used to screw up pretty much everything

Blaming yourself and dwelling on past mistakes is only going to worsen your pain. Don't do it. Whatever you did in the past has been done; thinking back and feeling miserable about it can't, and won't, change anything.

I hope you find the strength to grow as a person and enjoy your time being single.

IceBlueWings

もっともっと&#
BE SINGLE. BECAUSE I AM!! >:

Nah, just kidding. XD
Being single is a little depressing............... ......... ...... .... .. . Hm.
But...
I want to go out with somebody, but I don't want to have to chose sides or have one and not the other.

Does this mean you want to go out with someone just so that you're not single anymore? Because if you do this then you might end up hurting Peter or Ned or whoever you go out with (although you could develop feelings for this person after a while).

I say...don't jump into a new relationship so fast. Come on, being single isn't soooo bad, *nudgewink* X)

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Being single is a million times better than being taken when you shouldn't be.
Don't feel like you have to have a boyfriend or girlfriend and end up dropping your boundaries and compromising because of your loneliness. You'll just end up hurting yourself and regretting what you've done, anyway.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Being single is a million times better than being taken when you shouldn't be.
Don't feel like you have to have a boyfriend or girlfriend and end up dropping your boundaries and compromising because of your loneliness. You'll just end up hurting yourself and regretting what you've done, anyway.

This, the only reason you desire something is because it's something society has engraved into you. If you take the better road and tell yourself you don't need something so shallow to be happy, you'll come out of it better.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
dating on the internet is stupid, if your options are to date someone on the internet then those are stupid options.

date people in real life.

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards
Plus, there's 2 guys I've really liked for a long time. We used to be best friends, but now they're both trying to get me to go out with them. Let me call them Peter and Ned. Peter and Ned have never liked each other, even though they've never met. Peter asked me out first, and when I told Ned, he got all depressed. I want to go out with somebody, but I don't want to have to chose sides or have one and not the other.

I think you kind of have to choose...just make it clear that you're not saying the guy you don't choose is completely worthless. do the whole "we can still be friends~~" thing lmao. if they don't accept it, they're immature and need to reevaluate their attitude before you can say they're worth being so stressed over.

dating on the internet is stupid, if your options are to date someone on the internet then those are stupid options.

okayyy rethink that statement after looking over the success rates one more time. her issue isn't even with that specific relationship, it's about getting over it, moving on and growing up.

Kiba

Ours is the Fury
Awards
Boys have AIDS.

Girls have chlamydia.

I say when you do get into another relationship, which I think should be a while from now, don't become so clingy that you can't do anything without them. Just keep it balanced between friends and boyfriends. It'll help for when/if you break up. :)

pokepotterkhkids

Website
www.freewebs.com
Boys have AIDS.

lol not all of them.

Girls have chlamydia.

I say when you do get into another relationship, which I think should be a while from now, don't become so clingy that you can't do anything without them. Just keep it balanced between friends and boyfriends. It'll help for when/if you break up. :)

Yeah, the only reason I was so clingy with him was because he was there for me through a lot of shit.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards

okayyy rethink that statement after looking over the success rates one more time. her issue isn't even with that specific relationship, it's about getting over it, moving on and growing up.

I actually kind of agree with TMM on this. I mean, more so because of the fact that she met him on here. Because when you're looking at the success rates from dating sites, you're looking at dating sites where you semi-get-to-know-each-other, but then you're gonna meet up with them and go on a date. Not to mention, when you get results for those kind of sites, you're more apt to get a general idea of their location compared to yours. Which is a big difference.

If you met him on here, then it would be more difficult to arrange any kind of meeting. And let's face it, you can't really know someone truly unless you have some kind of actual physical connection to them. I mean even with my closest friend on the internet, I know there's something missing because we can't hang out in the same room, or anything. Physical connection is really important when it comes to a relationship, and I don't just mean kissing or having sex, but like holding hands or being in their presence.

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards
TMM was saying on the internet, not specifically KHI. but you're right. even so, she said they had plans to meet, and honestly, whether or not the people in the relationship have the willpower to meet up is between them and not for other people to judge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back