• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Beginning of Destiny

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blight

Hey Quick question. How far into the story are you planning on writing because this could go pretty far. The only ending points I can see are either when Roxas joins or when he meets Sora in that pod thing.
Hardest part on story writing is knowing when to stop. Regardless there plenty of material to work with.

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
Hey Quick question. How far into the story are you planning on writing because this could go pretty far. The only ending points I can see are either when Roxas joins or when he meets Sora in that pod thing.
Hardest part on story writing is knowing when to stop. Regardless there plenty of material to work with.

I don't plan on going any farther than When Xemnas gives Roxas his name, thus inducting him into the organization. I have no intent on messing with the 358/2 or KH 2 story line.

Last edited:

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
I just got into ya story dude and I gotta say it's a pretty tight story. Hope ya make anouther chap soon ;D

I'm trying to write these in turn with my newer one, i.e. writing one chapter of this one then doing one of the other one. Suffice to say, I'll be starting the chapter of my other one tomorrow, but I might Get a bit of Chapter 25 done first, just so I don't forget it.

And lol, glad you could join us.:thumbup:

Solareon

The last Soldier
Website
unlimited-gaming.net
I'm trying to write these in turn with my newer one, i.e. writing one chapter of this one then doing one of the other one. Suffice to say, I'll be starting the chapter of my other one tomorrow, but I might Get a bit of Chapter 25 done first, just so I don't forget it.

And lol, glad you could join us.:thumbup:

No prob dude, I'm writing my own fanfic and I'm just trying to decided on to ways my story could go and if ya ever on fanfiction.net my user name is Solareon.

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
So, is anybody excited about the second part of BoD? I know I am! There's just one chapter left to do. I'll get started on it in the next few days or so.

and lol 3000th post.

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
Chapter 25: Side Stepped Side Story VII: The non-existent Princess and the Thorn of the Rose.

In a place between worlds, where everything and nothing collide and mingle, swirling together into a melting pot of chaos and discord, a dark cloaked figure stood alone, resolute and confident. Marluxia, The Graceful Assassin, cackles with a perverse sort of glee, arms folded as he gave pause in the lifeless void. His mind worked like cogs in a machine, churning the precious little information he had gleaned from his encounter with The Flurry of Dancing Flames towards plans of betrayal and rebellion.

“So, the Keyblade wielder has a Nobody now, eh? I can use this.” He chortled boldly. He opened his eyes and glared ahead for a brief moment, and a dark corridor began to weave together and take form, waiting for its creator to pass through its dark halls. “Oh yes, I can use this. This’ll make things so much easier! I just need to give her one more push, and the power of the Keyblades will be good as mine!”

With his secret plan settling in his mind, he moved quickly, purpose and determination propelling him forward towards the dark corridor. He stepped into the darkness, letting it wash over him, take hold of his being and carry away to someplace else. His vision left him for the briefest of moments, blocked by the black oblivion he was entangled in. Soon, the bonds of darkness loosened, signaling his arrival. Invisible chains snapped and broken as Marluxia stepped forward out of the void, his sight restored with freedom’s sweet release, standing in front of the twin doors of his destination.

“Castle Oblivion…” Marluxia hissed with slight nausea as he looked up into the bleak, black sky, the ancient castle towering over head. The castle’s exterior, when viewed with a logical mind, was a structural impossibility. The dirty brown bricks appeared to be truly ancient, as if the slightest breeze would be enough to shatter them, not that there was ever any wind in Castle Oblivion’s desolate, barren world to blow in and put the ancient structure out of its misery. The only visible light was the eerie yellow glow from the windows. Towers branched off at ninety and forty-five degree angles, many of them seemed to have no true purpose what so ever. “Your architect must have been as twisted as you are. I’ll be glad when I am forced to walk your halls no longer. But for now…”

He took hold of the handle to gargantuan door in front of him and with a great pull, opened the door, the ancient hinges creaking and screeching as rusted metal rubbed and scratched against rusted metal. Quickly, Marluxia slinked inside before the colossal gate closed itself under its own weight. “You serve my purposes quite nicely.”

The castle’s interior was as different to its exterior as day is to night. Everything was made of gleaming, almost eye scorching, pure white marble. Marble pillars lined the grand hall that lead up to the door lying in wait on the vast expanse’s opposite wall. Marluxia solemnly dawned his hood over his pinkish locks and silently proceeded to the other side of the hallway. He came to a full stop as he approached the other door. Quickly, he dug around in his right pocket and pulled out an orange card, holding it high over his head. The card had four points to its top, sort of like a crown. “Card of the Master, dispel the world of ghosts long past!”

As Marluxia finished his chant, the card started to glow a faint black light. Marluxia could feel it pulsating in his hands as another similar aura started to develop around the molding of the door, it pulsing just like the card. The door’s pulsing energies pushed slightly against Marluxia’s form, out of synch with the card in his hand. The card’s pulse, almost like the beating of a heart, sped up to catch up with the door’s beating energies. The two grew more and more in sync until they were pulsing together in unison. A flash of a quick flash of black light, and the pulsing ceased. Marluxia returned the card to his pocket and proceeded to open the door, revealing the white marble stairs leading up to the next floor. “I have no desire to see the faces of my past gazing into my soul.”

And so Marluxia began climbing up the castle floors. He moved silently and with great stealth, careful not to attract the attention of those in the castle’s basement levels. He scaled the castle’s twelve floors like a black specter haunting the white hallways, contrasting his white surroundings. Finally, he reached the thirteenth floor, Castle Oblivion’s secluded tower. As he exited the stairs, he removed his hood and walked through the secluded hall and opened the last door, the farthest away from the stairs leading to the floors below.

“I told you that you didn’t have to wait for me.” Marluxia chided as he entered the room. The door was situated in the middle of the room, and a large window was on the side opposing the door. The only objects in the room was a table spanning a third of the room’s length, and two chairs, each at opposing ends of the table. Also at each end of the table were plates of steak covered in gravy, assorted greens and mashed potatoes, accompanied by the usual dinner ware with a glass of orange juice on the right end and a wine glass of red wine on the left. Sitting in the chair at the table’s right was a girl who looked to be fourteen. She had short blond hair and blue eyes and wore a pure white sundress and matching tie-on sandals. She kept her arms straight, her hands worked into fists and tensely resting on her thighs. She stared at the plate of untouched food, deftly avoiding eye contact with Marluxia. “I said I was going to be late.”

The girl didn’t respond, she just continued to stare at the plate, her feet hanging off of the chair and the back towering two feet above her head. Marluxia took the opposing seat, unfolded the napkin situated next to the plate, and placed it squarely on his lap.

“Well, it was awfully considerate of you to wait. Go on, eat.” Marluxia said as he picked up his knife and fork and eloquently began to cut into his steak. He ate in silence, the plate’s contents dwindling while its brother on the opposing end remained untouched. Marluxia looked up ten minutes later from his meal to see the young girl sitting just as she was when he had arrived. “What’s wrong? Why aren’t you eating?”

The girl didn’t even bother to look up, much less respond.

“How are you doing on your drawings? I bet you’ve improved.”

She remained as silent as ever.

“Lovely weather we’re having, isn’t it?”

Still nothing was even uttered.

“Your dinner is going to get cold.”

Again, no response was given by the child. Marluxia, finishing the last of his leafy greens, could see that she was not in any mood for dinner conversation. A lost art, truly. He thought to himself, and immediately went onto the attack. He so loved mental warfare.

“If you’re worried about poison, then don’t worry. If I wanted to kill you, I wouldn’t do it by poisoning.” Reassured Marluxia before taking a piece of expertly cut beef into his mouth, washing it down with red wine. “Poison would be a pointless effort. Toxins are not at all effective against a Nobody’s physiology.”

Yet again, no response was coerced from his young dinner mate.

“Well, the truth is, there are a few…” The raven haired one drawled, wiping the residual filth away from his mouth. “But they’re all very unsightly and very, very violent. Victims often end up regurgitating blood, exploding puss from every orifice imaginable and an entire assortment of nasty and excruciatingly painful side effects that has them begging for death before it finally sets in. Not elegant at the least. It takes away all the beauty of death by poison. I assure you my dear girl, you’re one of the few Nobodies that have nothing to fear from me.”

The young girl winced slightly, but still refused to look up at Marluxia.

“But then again, you aren’t exactly a Nobody, are you?” The assassin teased. With a clack, he placed the knife and fork cross wise on the now empty plate, removing the napkin from his lap and placing it on top. He swirled the remaining wine around in the glass, eyeing it as it moved around. “What’s the matter Naminè? You were so talkative a few days ago.”

“That was before I knew what kind of monster you were!” Naminè snapped, finally looking up to glare at Marluxia.

“Monster?” He repeated with a note of amusement in his voice. He barely managed to keep a straight face in front of her. “Me?”

“You heard me.” Naminè growled through her teeth, doing her best to put on a brave front. “I’ll never help you with your insane plan.”

“My dear girl, I believe you do not yet fully comprehend the predicament that you are in.” Marluxia retorted. He brought the glass to his lips and took a sip of the wine and stood up from his chair and strolled over to the other side of the table, swirling the wine around in his glass with his right hand and resting his left hand on his right arm. “You don’t even know what my ‘insane plan,’ is yet. But you are right about one thing. I’m a monster.”

“Oh gee, you think?”

“You’d do your best to lose the attitude dear.” Advised Marluxia, now pacing back and forth behind Naminè’s chair. “But yes, Nobodies are essentially monsters.”

This time Naminè didn’t respond. She just stared blankly out the large room sized window window.

“The most general description of a monster is any creature or being that is unnatural in a world, an existential impossibility. Nobodies are, by definition, ones who have lost their right to exist, but continue to do so. We are incomplete beings with a body and a soul, but no heart to call our own, monsters in every sense in the world. But tell me, Naminè…”

He hung himself off of Naminè’s chair, holding the glass by the rim, the bulk of it hanging in mid air, its contents becoming calm. Marluxia stroked Naminè’s cheek with his black leather clad fingers. Naminè felt like each stroke was the kiss of the serpent. Shivers crawled up and down her spine.

“Who is the bigger monster, the one who has lost the right to exist, or the one who never had it in the first place?”

Naminè’s entire body went tense. She could feel the color drain from her face. She clenched her fists harder and began to fidget in her seat. Marluxia knew she was close to breaking, not that she was all that far away to begin with. He moved away from the chair and walked over to the window, holding his left hand behind his back and the glass inches from his face, twirling the stem between his index finger and thumb.

“You have no heart, no soul, and no body, really, to call your own.” He continued, watching Naminè’s reactions in the window’s reflection. She had turned away from the window, but her left arm had moved from her lap to holding her elbow. She had begun to bite her lower lip under the pressure to Marluxia’s advances. He turned back around to face her. “So just what are you? Are you Kairi’s power given form? Are you an external representation of that power? Or maybe an expression of Kairi’s feelings created by that power?”
“I-I don’t know.” She responded weakly.

“Even the creature isn’t sure of what she is!” Marluxia scoffed loudly with a laugh. “A lie is what you are! Just who would love such a thing as you?”

Marluxia took a seed from his pocket and held it out in his palm. It soon began to grow into a bud and bloomed into a silver flower, floating above his hand. It hovered its way over to Naminè, glowing a faint white light. As soon as it stopped In front of her, a beam of light shot from its center, creating a picture of a young brown haired, blue eyed teenager in the air. Naminè gasped and her hands quickly met each other in front of her chest. “S-Sora?”

“Do you think that, knowing what you are, he could possibly love one such as you? Accept someone, no, something like you?” Marluxia asked sinisterly. “Don’t be absurd.”

“You don’t know Sora. Not like I do.” Naminè Countered. She was starting to get defensive. “He would never be so callus. He is the kindest person there is.”

“You’re right. I don’t know him. But I do know but as long as the truth exists. He will never reciprocate your love for him, even if he knew the truth about you.” He stated matter of factly. The image of Sora faded and in its place, a picture of a young girl with short brown hair appeared. “As long as Kairi exists, he will never be truly yours, even with your powers.”

She once again went silent. The picture changed once again, showing Kairi holding hands with Sora, the two of them looking longingly into each other’s eyes.

“A lie has no place in true love.”

“Wha-what’s your point?” Naminè croaked. She was having difficulty looking at the picture.

“My point is that there is a way for both of us to get what we want.” He stated assuredly, pacing back and forth through the room. “You can act the selfless victim all you like, but I know the truth.”

Naminè started to feel anxiety and panic well up in her. She began to scratch her legs with her shoes nervously.

“Don’t you see? We need each other. Xemnas is my enemy. He’s our enemy. He is the enemy of all! For the greater good, he must be dealt with! But there’s a problem...” He dictated with authority. His pacing grew faster and faster, the wine splashed around more and more violently. “To beat him, the power of the Keyblade is desperately needed. So here is the deal. You get Sora to help me, and I’ll make sure you will never have to worry about Kairi.”

“I-I don’t understand.”

“Then let me state it simply. You erase Sora’s memory of Kairi, he helps me destroy Xemnas, and then…” Marluxia passed his hand through the image of the two young lovers, and Kairi’s image instantly disintegrated into thousands of glittering lights. They swirled around and reformed into an image of Naminè holding onto Sora’s hands. Her breath caught in her throat at the image. She felt like her heart had stopped beating. She couldn’t tare here eyes away from it. “And then I erase her.”

“You’re insane…” She croaked. Naminè could feel her resolve weakening. Tears began to well up in her eyes. “I c-couldn’t do something like that! Not if it meant the death of someone else. Not even if it meant—“

“Saving Sora’s life?” Marluxia interrupted, completing her sentence with a sinister grin. The image of Sora and Naminè vanished, and in its place stood an image of a blond youth. Naminè didn’t recognize him, but he seemed very familiar somehow. “Naminè, meet the unnamed one, the Key of Destiny. He is the Nobody of the Keyblade Wielder.”

“WHAT!?” Naminè gasped loudly. “That’s Impossible!!“

“You were there. You know it to be true.” He chided, pushing her even further. “And right now, he’s in danger. Both he and Sora.”

“What are you talking about?” Naminè asked fearfully, staring at the image while she hugged her shoulders together.

“Hearts are fragile things.” The assassin said in reply. The image changed again to that of an outline of Sora’s body with a heart in the middle. “A heart that is bound to this world, but exists outside of a body will lose its energy and break apart at an exponential rate. Without some form of protection, a heart will disappear into nothingness. It will cease to be.”

Naminè croaked some inaudible, illegible response. Ignoring her, Marluxia continued on.

“Right now, Sora’s heart is protected by a shell of energy. It’s unknown if it was created by the Keyblade or by the Princess’s power, but it is a moot point. This is only a temporary fix, to say the least. Eventually, it will wear down and fade away, his heart soon to follow.” The picture changed, following along with Marluxia’s explanation. The outline of Sora broke apart and faded, and the containing heart turned black and melted into nothingness. The image of Roxas returned to replace the lost image. “He is only the permanent solution. The effort to combine a Nobody and a Heartless has proven futile. The theory is that the Nobody will only accept their true heart, and that a Heartless, being a creature of darkness, would reject the Nobody. If it’s possible, then Sora is the most likely to succeed in successfully being recombined. You might even be able to decide which of the two you want to be with. And the technology to do it all exists at The Castle That Never Was. But again, there is a slight problem.”

A pair of black hands loomed forward, hovering over the unnamed Nobody, with a pair of disembodied orange eyes piercing through the darkness of the background in the background, and the mark of the Nobodies hovered menacingly in the middle of the four objects.

“Xemnas knows about him as well. He is safe for now, but the King of Nothingness has already implemented plans to take him as his own.” Marluxia warned as he eyed the young maiden in white, watching as the last hint of defiance began to break way towards timid compliancy. “Once he has him, then that’s it. The being known as Sora will be beyond saving.”

Naminè couldn’t help herself anymore, and tears began to stream down her face

“But with your power, we can claim both of them, and then Xemnas wouldn’t stand a chance! We can destroy his forces, eliminate him, and save Sora! We’ll all get what we want!”

Naminè covered her mouth and nose with her hands and looked on with teary eyes. Marluxia could already tell that she was broken. All he needed now was to get her to realize it as well.

“It’s your choice, Naminè. You hold his fate in your hands.” Marluxia stated with folded arms, the glass in his right hand deftly still. “You can accept, claim him as your own, and save his life, or you can decline, refuse him, and doom him to oblivion.”

Tears began streaming in full force down her cheeks. She was broken, and she knew it.

“You don’t have time to think Naminè. Make your choice.”

“I-I accept, damn you! You devil! Are you happy?”

“I’m no devil my dear. The Devil deals in souls. You would have nothing he would want. But you made the right choice anyway.” He laughed triumphantly. Marluxia raised his glass into the air in celebration. “A toast then! May the seeds of our labors bare great fruit!”

Marluxia drank the rest of the wine in earnestly and crushed the glass into shrapnel, laughing hysterically while Naminè began wailing uncontrollably, the tears cascading down her face. Marluxia’s sinister smile returned to his face as he rushed towards the door. He grabbed the handle threw open the door.

“Eat your dinner and go to bed, dear child. You’ll need your strength for the war to come.” Marluxia chirped happily as he exited the room, leaving Naminè, the Princess of Nothing to cry away her sorrow in lone solidarity.

Chapter 25: Side Stepped Side Story VII: The non-existent Princess and the Thorn of the Rose. :End
-------------------------

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Cut! Scene! Print! Great take people, great take!

Last edited:

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
Thanks. You must have started before you joined if you have been reading as long as you say. Allways great to have another reader.

Nelo Angelo

Enigma of Extreme
Awards
Crap I missed two chaps :O sorry man Matt. But I read them. I loved the fight between Marluxia and Axel in the previous chap. And this one was brilliant as expected from you. Way to go my friend ;-) Good job :thumbup:

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
Yay new chapter! Whoo-hoo a dinner with Marluxia and Namine, must say this is a great chapter! Oh my gosh, I feel for Namine, grr...that Marluxia. This is really good and of course descriptive as always. Great chapter, can't wait for 26!

JH

Ouvrez Votre Esprit
Website
www.khcentral.net
I only read a few snippets, as I haven't found the time to explore the entire story, but from what I read I can tell you have a fantastic writing talent.

May it take you places you've never been before.

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
It's s'allright mar. Sa'll gooooooood.

I only read a few snippets, as I haven't found the time to explore the entire story, but from what I read I can tell you have a fantastic writing talent.

May it take you places you've never been before.

It already has. Uranus.

>.>

<.<

Thank you! Good night!!!

And thanks for your comments!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back