• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Become a Superhero With Big Hero 6 in Kingdom Hearts III

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I have always loved KH mostly for the story. The gameplay is fun, but I'm no expert. I can't beat the secret bosses. I'm not out to get trophies or fight 'cool bosses' or anything. We can agree to disagree whether this is good or not for Aqua's character, but I find this turn not only predictable and reasonable. but fascinating.

One moment you say you're just following the themes of the series and use it to explain why Aqua shouldn't fall to darkness. I bring up patterns, themes, and other characters who've been through similar situations and how it makes sense for her to end up like this, but it's suddenly unoriginal, repetitive, and bad writing? :confused:

The norting thing I'm 50/50 on. That was the only surprise for me really. I want her NOT to be norted because of all the extra stuff that goes along with that, but time will tell. But I see the norting and the darkness as two separate things here.

Aqua is not like everyone else (Riku, Sora, Terra, Xehanort, etc etc). Yeah, they've gotten a lick of darkness here and there, but Aqua is neck deep in it. I've always been interested in how the dark realm works and how it affects people. We know you endlessly fight heartless (BbS Secret Episode). We know it can eat at your memories (Ansem the Wise). We saw a few more pureblood heartless and the veiny organic theme continues throughout which I find curious. We know it sucks overall, but that's about it.

But through Aqua's journey in 0.2, we see more than ever. The darkness distorts the worlds and breaks them down. It almost freezes the worlds in time at the exact moment it fell into darkness (same for people too if Aqua is any indication). The darkness can mimic you, and not only in a dark shadowy form like we've seen heartless shaped Sora or heartless shaped Roxas or whatever. It can literally mimic your appearance, your abilities, and even your own thoughts and feelings use it to try and drag you down further. Phantom Aqua, though we may never see it again, was pretty awesome lore and story wise. (I wouldn't dare to try and fight Zodiac Aqua).

One of the most interesting theories I've seen lately is Aqua is becoming just like those Darklings/Black Costumes we saw in UX. As you can tell by my signature, I actually like those things because of what they might be. Fallen Keyblade wielders who technically haven't been classified as heartless yet, have they? (within the game I mean, I don't really remember) I'm more interested in this possibility (the darkness literally sticking to her like a disease and crawling up her skin) than her being norted.

What really happens to someone like Aqua when they're trapped down there? People like Ansem eventually fade away and lose themselves (and pretty quickly too compared to Aqua). If a princess of heart were thrown down there, maybe nothing would affect them (or hey, maybe it COULD, but the themes don't support that idea). But a formidable person like Aqua... well, if she's becoming one of those darkling things and is completely independent of Xehanort's schemes (because it'd have nothing to do with him), ooof, I think that's interesting.

But I suppose it's just personal preference. I don't see this as a duplicate of any one else's story even if the themes are similar.

mytomxxx

Luxord is the Gambler of Fate... Why is it so hard to believe the cubes are dice to represent him? Because they don’t have the dots? They also don’t have the Bug Blox markings. We don’t even know if a Seeker is controlling the Bugs. Also, Wayfinders have five points, not six. Given that Luxord and Marluxia are confirmed Seekers of Darkness, these are most likely their chess pieces. They could have used cards, but the dice are probably just more recognizable as a three dimensional object. I also think they intentionally only showed the pieces for the confirmed Seekers in this shot.

It's not hard to believe that can be him, I was not doubting that until I saw the bug bloxes.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
PV9By4x.png

Alrighty, I got a better look at the piece in the top left corner and the closet thing I could find that resembles it is Xigbar's old crossbows. So either this is Xigbar's piece or his Braig self is also trolling about.

In other news, it looks like that mystery figure is probably a form of KH1 Riku. https://www.reddit.com/r/KingdomHearts/comments/9fdlp8/kh3_mystery_solved/?st=JM04I4O4&sh=635b8e2a
Doesn't surprise me since there was that other Riku in DDD. Now we just need to know which Riku it is. lol

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
PV9By4x.png

Alrighty, I got a better look at the piece in the top left corner and the closet thing I could find that resembles it is Xigbar's old crossbows. So either this is Xigbar's piece or his Braig self is also trolling about.

Doesn't surprise me since there was that other Riku in DDD. Now we just need to know which Riku it is. lol

Yeah I think that is Xigbar/Braig.

Am I the only one who will find it off putting if they show his face but don’t provide any story context to what iteration he is? They’ve already done that once with Riku on the beach and the speculation of what version this is isn’t that fun or interesting. Just feels like a repeat of Team Data Riku/Riku Replica from 2011. Only worse since it could be both. I’d rather know who the character is and then be able to speculate what actions they’re going to take and how they’ll impact the story.

Dear Lord, Jesse hasn't been asked to dub Roxas/Ventus yet

https://twitter.com/SingingInJersey/status/1040042514672181248

We’re actually discussing that in the voice actor thread if you want to join!

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I'm gunning for Data-Riku with those Bug Blox and all.

Also, this will mean that we saw him 6 years ago and nobody except me recognized him as a 'nort.
le4l9i5.jpg

If it's Data Riku then that technically means it's not Riku. Jiminy's Journal only took the form of Riku to personify itself.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
If it's Data Riku then that technically means it's not Riku. Jiminy's Journal only took the form of Riku to personify itself.

Yeah this is why I don’t think Data Riku would qualify as the “other me” since it really isn’t him at all.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
If her aim is to stop Xehanort from going after Ven giving in to Darkness and thus providing Xehanort an opening he can exploit is arguably the most bad decision she could make as she's literally the key to at least Ven's body and soul. It's Aqua who has the knowledge and power to transform C.O. back into the LoD and and find/gain access to Ven's chamber. The latter can be done without having to transform the world back and unless Xehanort is specifically interested mainly in Ven's heart, he would already get everything he wants from accessing the chamber alone.

Not that I asked for a rebuttal to my hypothetical, but you're forgetting that as of this last trailer (and for that matter, something we've been shown all along) Aqua no longer has the Master's Defender

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Not that I asked for a rebuttal to my hypothetical, but you're forgetting that as of this last trailer (and for that matter, something we've been shown all along) Aqua no longer has the Master's Defender

Do you think she lost it when Destiny Islands was restored? I saw a theory somewhere that because she wasn’t holding onto it at the end of 0.2, it probably went back to the RoL like the other objects on the island.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

And that matters how exactly?
When Eraqus told Aqua about the "trick" of Land of Departure he only spoke of herself as being the key to solve its riddles and access the chamber.

The Master Defender is only required to transform the world from one state to another and Xehanort has no interest in this part. The chamber Ventus' body is kept in can be accessed without having to transform the world back and Aqua knows how to exactly do that.

I don't remember it being said that for accessing the room the Master Keeper is also needed.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I don't remember it being said that for accessing the room the Master Keeper is also needed.

It's not, but since the Key is what caused the castle to change we don't know if Aqua is the only one who can access the chamber because she's the one who changed it, or because she's the one who holds the Key. Personally, I suspect the latter since I don't think Aqua has a schematic on the Castle, nor do I think the doors would come flying open to her return as a Darkness if the entire point of the castle was to keep the balance between light and dark.

Data Riku over Xion and Roxas. San Fransokyo looks to be the biggesg disappointment.
I don't see the point in wanting your favorite characters to become vessels, especially when we know they're coming back anyway.

Awards
San Fransokyo for me is meh... It looks great and beautiful but I have never watched the movie so for me is just another world and it's an ok world so far lol

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It's not, but since the Key is what caused the castle to change we don't know if Aqua is the only one who can access the chamber because she's the one who changed it, or because she's the one who holds the Key. Personally, I suspect the latter since I don't think Aqua has a schematic on the Castle, nor do I think the doors would come flying open to her return as a Darkness if the entire point of the castle was to keep the balance between light and dark.

That's a fair point, I concede. I was making my point also from one of Nomura's answers (I don't remember if it was in the BBS or Days Ultimania) where he said that without Aqua no one can reach Ventus.
Now if the Master Keeper is indeed also a key to access Ven and Sora gets it, there is a stalemate for both sides as each would have one half of the Key to Ventus' location.

I don't see the point in wanting your favorite characters to become vessels, especially when we know they're coming back anyway.
True, and Big Hero 6 is a world that has lots to do with technology so having a Coded-tie in there is actually a pretty natural decision.

UltimaXOmega

Xion is a puppet and works great as an endgame Seeker and pulls at heartstrings. Xion as a Seeker would mean she'd get a boss fight and a variety of interactions with other characters. Now she'll likely get 2 scenes after being brought back, like Eraqus will likely get.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Data Riku over Xion and Roxas. San Fransokyo looks to be the biggesg disappointment.

How is it dissapointing when you don't know the context of the characters integration?

Dissapointing is Hayden not returning to voice Kairi, this is just unexpected if anything. But like Sephiroth said, it's thematically fitting.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Anyone think the Verum Rex game could be another FFXV reference like Yozora? It (word-by-word) translates to “true king,” which is a term frequently attributed to Noctis.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Anyone think the Verum Rex game could be another FFXV reference like Yozora? It (word-by-word) translates to “true king,” which is a term frequently attributed to Noctis.
yeaah you did see the square enix logo on the poster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back