• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Become a Superhero With Big Hero 6 in Kingdom Hearts III

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seadrin

Awards
Remember the days of just receiving the concept art for BH6 at D23 2015 and where we are now. Extremely thankful, this is looking so good. It's hard to know what's happening, obviously, without context for a lot of those stills and scenes. As far a facial expressions go, I remember the reason why we hadn't seen BH6 yet was the cutscenes weren't quite ready. Of course I imagine they are still working on these.

Larxene and Young Xehanort's looks have improved to my eye. Rapunzel and Flynn look GREAT. Hiro and the rest of BH6 look straight out of the movie, as is consistent for every world so far. San Fransokyo looks HUGE! The backdrop for the San Fransokyo Bridge was beautiful!

Can't wait for TGS!

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I feel you, but there's more than one way to present a challenge.
"Everybody got turned bad go save them" is redundant and unfulfilling.

Because saving everyone so easily has been done by every one (and me) sounds better than not having confilt

At this point, after Aqua, it wasn't going to be the easy way out.

because that's more important than redundancy because if it's just easily saving Aqua, Xion, Ven, Terra, Namine, and Roxas. Once again, people had that idea before Aqua-Xehanort came

Last edited:
Awards
Seeing as the scene with Sora picking up the Master Keeper is now confirmed in game I think proves Nomura had planned to have Aqua norted since 2013 and not for “Shock value” as people have accused him of. Aqua knowing her fate probably threw the Master Keeper in the Ocean and it made its way back to Destiny Islands like with Kairi’s letter but in reverse. Cause without it Xehanort shouldn’t be able to get to Ven.
Because saving everyone so easily has been done by every one (and me) sounds better than not having confilt

At this point, after Aqua, it wasn't going to be the easy way out.

because that's more important than redundancy because if it's just easily saving Aqua, Xion, Ven, Terra, Namine, and Roxas. Once again, people had that idea before Aqua-Xehanort came
That’s exactly what I was saying to the people who where complaining about the Aquanort reveal back in E3. If Riku and Mickey could just go get Aqua and get out that easily without any conflict or obstacle than her being stuck there and or so long has no weight to it nor should it have been as major of a plot point as it had.

Last edited:

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Is it weird that Riku has his DDD haircut in the Realm of Darkness even though he already has his new outfit on? Is Mickey going to give him a trim before they run into Aqua? Lol. Surely they aren’t changing his hair? The other style looks way better.

Seadrin

Awards
Is it weird that Riku has his DDD haircut in the Realm of Darkness even though he already has his new outfit on? Is Mickey going to give him a trim before they run into Aqua? Lol. Surely they aren’t changing his hair? The other style looks way better.

It must be before the hair changes, that's all. You are correct, they've already released merchandise with the new look!

Veevee

Awards
Aqua doesn't have to be norted / fallen to darkness to present a challenge. Getting into the realm of darkness won't be easy, finding her won't be easy, surviving there won't be easy, getting out won't be easy and it will be hard for her to hear what has become of her friends and the world and there was even a whole game about her hardships and people still think "it shouldn't be so easy to get her", like what? Personally, I think it's much more fulfilling to choose a few of the hurting squad and give them a chance to get back at Xehanort for all the things he has done to them in one way or the other and fight for what they lost or what they want to regain. Having Sora / Riku / Kairi / Mickey go against everyone else because every important character might've suddenly got norted and saving them by beating them all up even though it should be up to the hurting squad to reclaim their place doesn't sound very thrilling to me.

EDIT: If Aquanort is a thing, I don't believe it was planned because 0.2 ended on a generally positive note and the whole game was about Aqua facing her darkness and while admitting doubt and chasing illusions, ultimately regaining hope and deciding what's worth fighting for. She has survived there un-darknessed and un-norted for twelve years, so making her into a Nort just one year before she is going to be saved and even giving her a companion to talk to (even if not the best one) would feel kinda unnatural to me. So, currently it still feels like a shock value thing to me and I'm not really pleased with that.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Gotta agree with Veevee and Alexis here.
There are other ways to provide a challenge than to make every single one of the hurting characters a slave to the bad guys on top of all the hurt they already had to endure.

As Veevee says, for quite some people it would be much more fulfilling to see the other characters have an active stake in helping out and get some comeuppance against Xehanort and his cronies by themselves instead of having Sora (and possibly Riku, Mickey and Kairi) being the rambo squad which do everything on their own.

The prospect of the BBS and Days characters finally joining the fray on the right side, meaning on Sora's, has been certainly teased and used as a possible hook for the audience ever since Blank Points in BBS back in 2010 so people expecting somewhat of a follow up on this is very understandable, as is the notion of not wanting this happening only with a few cameo appearances in the final battle.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
So basically

there is no middle ground here

would you rather everyone getting saved so easily that makes Sora going on this adventure pointless

or

everyone Sora has to save he has to fight be unfulfilling because why not try to make the Seekers a threat?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
So Luxord is there during the Maelstrom fight :D

eiQoE9w.jpg

And here's Sven and Kristoff in the background, as I mentioned before.

a2mkYBF.jpg

Megavoltage

Awards
Nice smile, Larxene! I'm looking so forward to her trolling the Frozen crew. The reactions will be great.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
Trailer looks great! Anyone else worried about the lack of NPCs though? Hoping this is just because they’re still working on San Fransokyo

I have a weird theory about that.

So, from what YX was doing messing around with the Toy Story world, what if whoever is the darkness in San-fransokyo does something to like...remove all the people?
It would be a lazy as hell cop-out but maybe, MAYBE this could make sense. IF the darkness in this world is Aqua, that could be something that would sort of make sense for her to do. She made a lot of comments while in the WoD about missing all the people, about how empty and devoid of life it was, and how much that kind of hurt to feel so isolated. What if the world is split here too and its one that is just missing...everyone?
Kind of just to show how lonely and sad and hopeless it is?
(...or just a way to get out of making NPCS...)
That maybe would explain why there are these cars basically strewn around, abandoned on the bridge as if the drivers just poofed. And why we see nobody around.

Or...maybe it's just because we were only shown cutscenes and real basic gameplay on a roof and back alley (where no one would be). And maybe they haven't added in the NPCS yet, or just cut them out of cutscenes entirely to not mess with anything. Until I see Sora just wandering around the street with it completely empty I'm still holding out hope the city is actually gonna be populated...
Maybe we could potentially "fix" it and then get the NPCs back?
Just a theory...

Zul

Awards
1.Young Xehanort's render looks miles better than it was before. I wasn't satisfied with the look at all up to this point.

2.Look closely at Aquanort's hands, you see a bit of red there, it seems that a vanitas-suit is forming on her.

3.Aaaand possibly-norted Xion....bleygh...Is Xehanort's darkness influenza now?

4. Riku's hair seems to be his DDD hair.

5. Mmmmmm hey there BAEBAE.

tumblr_peu44jn97r1r0z5iu_500.jpg

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I believe Aqua was always fated to fall to darkness as of 0.2. I may be pulling this out of my arse, but I'm PRETTY sure Nomura said they changed the ending a little so that it wouldn't be such a downer. Same for Dream Drop Distance. Nomura has been dodging this angst for a while despite how obvious it is looking back.

I agree that Aqua being norted is strange in SOME ways, but it's not impossible. It just brings up questions. if she's norted, why is she hanging out in the dark realm still? That's the main question regarding her being norted.

But Aqua falling to darkness? Succumbing to everything she was holding back in 0.2? It makes sense for Aqua to have fallen eventually. This is the dark realm. THE Dark Realm. Every light eventually get snuffed out, Aqua is not a special case no matter how much we love her. She admitted she had cracks in her heart and the darkness found a way in and repeatedly tried to die at least 3 times now.

The only way she was norted is if Xehanort found her while she was already weakened and vulnerable, but that still leaves the question of why she's just sticking around covered in an inky black shadow waiting to prank Riku and Mickey.

As for Xion, Xion is a replica. Technically the Replica program failed, but I don't remember Xemnas ever disliking the program? In almost every way imaginable, Xemnas always preferred Xion over Roxas. Xion is nothing but a clone of Sora just like Repliku is nothing but a clone of Riku. If somehow they manage to get that working again, then 'Xion' returning is not a big deal.

I hope that's the last of the light side we see getting corrupted though.

mytomxxx

I was so wanting this... it happenned and I'm so happy.

The no-expression of Sora kinda makes me sad, but I also think it is because it still a work in progress, every other world he had a cool interaction at the beginning, so he not doing any expression here looks really like they didn't finished it. (At least I hope)

Can't wait for 22th.

I'm loving how every keyblade is looking so unique and big. I really don't like the small, thicker ones from the past games.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I was so wanting this... it happenned and I'm so happy.

The no-expression of Sora kinda makes me sad, but I also think it is because it still a work in progress, every other world he had a cool interaction at the beginning, so he not doing any expression here looks really like they didn't finished it. (At least I hope)

Can't wait for 22th.

work in progress, why you think it took until later to see Repunzel

Awards
Aqua doesn't have to be norted / fallen to darkness to present a challenge. Getting into the realm of darkness won't be easy, finding her won't be easy, surviving there won't be easy, getting out won't be easy and it will be hard for her to hear what has become of her friends and the world and there was even a whole game about her hardships and people still think "it shouldn't be so easy to get her", like what? Personally, I think it's much more fulfilling to choose a few of the hurting squad and give them a chance to get back at Xehanort for all the things he has done to them in one way or the other and fight for what they lost or what they want to regain. Having Sora / Riku / Kairi / Mickey go against everyone else because every important character might've suddenly got norted and saving them by beating them all up even though it should be up to the hurting squad to reclaim their place doesn't sound very thrilling to me.

EDIT: If Aquanort is a thing, I don't believe it was planned because 0.2 ended on a generally positive note and the whole game was about Aqua facing her darkness and while admitting doubt and chasing illusions, ultimately regaining hope and deciding what's worth fighting for. She has survived there un-darknessed and un-norted for twelve years, so making her into a Nort just one year before she is going to be saved and even giving her a companion to talk to (even if not the best one) would feel kinda unnatural to me. So, currently it still feels like a shock value thing to me and I'm not really pleased with that.
Saying “everyone is norted” is an exaggeration. Only Terra, Aqua, and most likely Xion. Who’s to say those 3 won’t get a chance to get back at Xehanort? Just because they’re norted now it doesn’t seal their fate the whole game. They could be turned back around/before the climax or after the X-blades forging. Roxas and Ventus will likely be brought back without them being norted and their friends being taken over by Xehanort gives Roxas reason to join and be a guardian of light and Ventus room for development and growth. And we don’t know anything about Terra or Namine yet.
We don’t know what happened between Blank Points and Riku and Mickey finding Aqua, Ansem the Wise clearly wasn’t there in the Aquanort scene so something must of happened to them both. Aquanort not being a thing would be Shock value. Having people think Aqua was norted in a trailer than being all “Psych” in game would have been done just to get people’s attention and also a massive troll move. But Aqua being Norted gives value and sense to that scene with the Master Keeper. Why would Aqua allow the one thing that keeps Ven safe out of her grasp despite her determination and desire to keep him safe and to one day wake him up? Maybe her realizing it wasn’t safe with her anymore.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back