• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Beckett's Role in KH3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

disney233

Awards
Now Lord Cutler Beckett...if you don't know who he is...

180px-Beckett400px.jpg

Lord Beckett's the second main antagonist of POTC's Dead Man Chest & At World's End, next to Davy Jones. From memory I believe that Beckett...got the chest...in the 3rd movie? Either way he's on the hunt for it, too. Which makes me want to ask you all what do you think his role will be?

Will he get the same treatment as the Stabbington Brothers and be replaced with either Luxord or (most likely) Maleficent & Pete, or do you think he'll gain an alliance with either of them? Or....will you debate that he'll even be in this game? POTC has allot of juicy things that could happen in KH3. And odds are it'll pick up...most likely at the end of Dead Man's Chest.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Well, the Japanese KH3 website on the Caribbean section mentions that Luxord not only is he looking for the Box (the Dead Man's Chest) but is also set to attach a fate to Davy Jones suggesting he might replace Beckett in the first and second act of this world. Not to mention in the TGS trailer, the Kraken is alive in the Maelstrom but in the actual film itself, Davy reluctantly killed it off at Beckett's request after he controlled Davy's Heart.

Plus in the original movie after the Maelstrom fight they had the Endeavour (headed by Beckett) waiting for them and was about to annihilate the Pearl until Will (who just became the new Captain of the Flying Dutchman) and the Dutchman comes to their rescue, resulting in both Ships destroying the Endeavour. It would be interesting on how they end the Caribbean world following the Maelstrom fight.
[video=youtube;PEaZ5XUe0Mk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEaZ5XUe0Mk[/video]

I also think his right-hand-man Mercer, might also be written out in the KH adaptation of this world with Luxord also filling in his place much like Beckett.

Frankly, I'm the only one who's indifferent on Beckett being written out in this adaptation cause he doesn't seem to be a huge threat in the KH narrative of this world compared to Luxord and Davy Jones. Who knows what happens, I'd be surprised if he appeared but not expecting him to appear in this adaptation of the world realistically.

On the other hand, It would be interesting on how they will handle the Island meeting scene in the game where Will and Jack switch places.

[video=youtube;rhbeIXXXKzA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhbeIXXXKzA[/video]

Last edited:

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Honestly, I don’t think we should expect this world’s plot to resemble the film that much aside from some of the most memorable moments like the trip to the Locker and the Maelstrom fight. I’ll be genuinely surprised if Beckett, Norrington, or Sao Feng show up in this game. All of those characters die and I just don’t see KH depicting that much death in one world, even off screen. What I expect is a reimagining that mixes the best moments of Dead Man’s Chest and At World’s End, filled in with original stuff.

Also, am I the only who thinks that boss in the Caribbean is a Nobody of the Kraken considering its coloration?

Last edited:

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Also, am I the only who thinks that boss in the Caribbean is a Nobody of the Kraken considering its coloration?
You know I didn't think of it but your right, cause the color of the Kraken in Dead Man's Chest and At World's End was a light brown-greenish color compared to the one seen in the TGS trailer which had a pale white coloration.

Maybe Luxord summoned it during the Maelstrom fight.

I’ll be genuinely surprised if Beckett, Norrington, or Sao Feng show up in this game. All of those characters die and I just don’t see KH depicting that much death in one world, even off screen.
As for Sao Feng who knows? Elizabeth is shown wearing her Pirate King outfit in the trailer and her character render, which she didn't wear following Feng's death in the Movie. It's unknown if Feng is written out in this adaptation for time constraints or for plot progression in this world, but as you said they want the world to utilize elements and highlights from DMC and AWE with KH original stuff mixed in (Luxord looking for the box).

Regarding deaths for characters like Norrington, Feng and Beckett well since the game is rated E10+ the likely scenario is either:

A. Write out the characters out in this adaptation.

B. Make the deaths happen off-screen.

C. Have an original death made for the game (okay it's farfetched and unlikely but at least it would avoid getting a T rating.)

Who knows how they will do it, and it would be interesting how the world would handle those intense graphic death scenes (stabbing, gunshots, etc..) in the actual game cause the films are rated PG-13 which can be difficult on choosing which scenes could be depicted and which will be written out and/or altered.

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Beckett is ground zero for all of the writing/production problems the 2nd & 3rd films had. He won't exactly be missed much.

WhinyAcademic

Awards
I truly don’t expect Beckett to show up, which is a shame because he was a delightful piece of shit and a cool foil for the eldritch powerhouse of Jones. Sao Feng barely had a presence to begin with so he’s out. Norrington? Definitely out too.

Beckett truly was the big bad even if Jones was the chief threat. He was the one who controlled Jones, after all, and he was thus the reason that the Brethren Court convened, and thus the reason Jack had to be retrieved. I’m fully counting on KH3 to simplify a lot of the plot of AWE, which while I adore, I still admit had a lot going on, likely too much. It’s pretty safe to say that the plot starts when the crew is going over the world’s end, and then they escape the Locker. And then the climax is the maelstrom. With Tia Dalma included, I have to wonder just what they’re going to keep and leave out. Leaving out Beckett does cut out the middle man and leave Jones as the main threat, yes. So maybe Luxord teams up with Jones, and he really does fill Beckett’s role? Seems most likely. We’ve seen him apparently off in the distance as the storm rages. Hmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back