• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

"Because Reasons"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
"Because reasons" is as annoying to me as "I'm right because I'm right" which I've heard a LOT of people in my life say, yet most of the time they are never right.
It's like saying, "I know you are, but what am I?"

My sister would always ask this question back to me and it would go back and forth.

aqualight

i mean i understand how frustrating it can be when people use phrases like "because reasons", because it really just asks more questions than answered, while i'd prefer to just know those reasons. especially in arguments since being vague and dodging the problem is just going to make the situation more difficult.

although while thinking of the phrase i don't mind if it's said with the intent of showing that they themselves don't know why. not in the sense of a scapegoat answer, but legitimately communicating that the person doesn't know why. for example if someone was venting about something embarrassing they did, and used it like "I thought it was a good idea to do (blah blah blah) because of reasons, ugh why". I'm not too inclined to find that sort of use too annoying. But like everything, it's all about moderation.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I also had a friend that thought I was stupid enough to not understand, "Shut up." So, she would say, "Up shut" just so I could shut my mouth. We were kids then and I was known to be a bit of a blabbermouth. I also learned a lot of sayings from my mom by that tactic. One of them was, "Loose lips sink ships."

Don't you hate it when people use hyperbole like that?

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Don't you hate it when people use hyperbole like that?
Yeah, and it's made even worse when coupled with the word "literally."

Heck, "literally" has been overused and misused to the point where I can't take it seriously anymore. Nowadays, that word seems to mean the exact OPPOSITE of its actual meaning.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Yeah, and it's made even worse when coupled with the word "literally."

Heck, "literally" has been overused and misused to the point where I can't take it seriously anymore. Nowadays, that word seems to mean the exact OPPOSITE of its actual meaning.

It's probably worse then people saying, "Technically."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back