• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Beating The Mysterious Figure in BBS

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

hlc1988

Awards
Okay... I have struggled with this boss for so long.

The Mysterious Figure. I'm playing as Terra. He is the last thing I need to do to get 100% on Terra. Terra is at lvl 90. I have 4 Thunder Surges and 4 Curagas equipped. Yet I still cannot beat him. I have beaten him before with Terra on the PS3 version of 1.5/2.5 but I just cannot seem to do it on the PS4 version!!!

The Mysterious Figure seems to be unleashing about 3 or 4 attacks at once. Is this normal? When you get trapped and have to tap X quickly to beat the countdown I can do it when it starts from 5 and just about from 4... but after that it kills me... What am I doing wrong as I have seen others beat that countdown at 3...

Anyone else got any advice? Hopefully he will be easier with Ventus and Aqua but it is really frustrating he is the last thing I need to do as Terra...

Last edited:

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
All I can say is try to change your commands a bit, maybe? Based on my observations the attacks he chooses depend on that. The best attack he can do that is very easy to dodge and that leaves him open is the fire X thingy. And he seems to do it if you have fire commands on. That's my guess at least, since I never once got that attack while using my regular deck, but when I accidentally had my Mega Flare deck once he started using it all the time. So yeah, that might make things a bit easier. If you have full magic/attack hastes you can make do with just 3 of either, or even 3 of both, try to add some fire in there and see if he gives you better attack patterns.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Sometimes, his attack pattern really sucks. I'd try to refight him, if it does.
Also if the counter causes you problems, maybe only try to attack him with thunder surge if he does the X-attack and the wind that steals your commands? Those are relatively safe. :l

hlc1988

Awards
Thanks for the advice. Still having trouble but I will hopefully get there... some day...

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The figure starts to use multiple attacks at once when you get his HP down to less than half, regularly two.

Beware to never attack him while he does one of his longer lasting attacks like i.e. the orbs shooting energy spears. If you attack him during one of those longer attacks he'll retaliate with adding up to two more attacks on top.

With Terra he's certainly the hardest to fight and having Thunder Surge as primary offense is already the best available.
Sadly, due to the shitty design of the first two BBS Superbosses (Vanitas' Remnant also falls under this), there is a certain luck factor involved with MF.
It's not a lack of skill, the boss is simply not well designed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back