• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

be prepared on flights

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Galacion

Bronze Member
i found this on my home site if you carry anything know this:

Liquids are banned from carry-on luggage and cannot be taken through security checkpoints. That includes drinks, toothpaste, perfume, shampoo, hair gel, suntan lotion and similar items. Drinks purchased in the airport cannot be carried onto flights.

Medications will be allowed but must be presented for inspection at security checkpoints.

Mothers can bring baby formula on board, but only after drinking it in front of security officials first.

All shoes must be removed and placed on an X-ray belt for screening.

Passengers are also asked to arrive at least two hours early to allow for additional screening.

Passengers traveling to the United Kingdom should contact their airline for information about any extra security measures or precautions that might be required. Laptop computers, mobile phones and iPods are among items banned on British flights.

All because of this:

Passengers struggle with heightened security
National Guard sent to patrol California, Massachusetts, New York airports

Michael Dwyer / AP
Travelers wait in a line that stretches the length of the international terminal to pass through security at Logan International Airport in Boston on Thursday.
View related photos

Slide show

Air travel snarled by terror plot
European and American travelers face increased airport security following a foiled British terror plot.

Video: Aircraft bombings thwarted
9 planes targeted in plot
Aug. 10: NBC's Bob Windrem has new details about the terror plot, including that nine planes were targeted in the disrupted plan.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Neighbors shocked by terror arrests
Bush: Plot a 'stark reminder'
Trail of terror plot leads to Pakistan?
Al-Qaida behind plot?
Security alert
Terror plot disrupted
Inside the terror attack plan
Significant airport delays in D.C.
Guard deployed to LAX

FULL COVERAGE ON AIRLINE TERROR PLOT
U.K.: Plot to bomb U.S.-bound planes thwarted
Chertoff: Threat suggestive of al-Qaida
Analysis: Plot may have been the Big One
Slide show: Air travel snarled
Discuss: Are you afraid to fly?
Fact file: Officials reactions
Fact file: Airport security measures
Discuss: What do you think of the restrictions?
Travel-industry stocks drop after alert
The Daily Nightly: Airport dispatches
Explosives can be hidden in devices, liquids
Vote: Will you change your travel plans?

Related Stories | What's this?
Travelers Should Not Pack Liquid In Carry-On Bags
Passengers stay calm despite chaos at UK airports
FACTBOX-British aviation security alerts
US raises air security alert to red for first time
Qantas says no hand baggage on flights from Britain

Most Popular
Most Viewed Top Rated Most E-mailed

U.K.: Plot to bomb U.S.-bound planes foiled
Chertoff: Threat suggestive of an al-Qaida plot
Passengers deal with heightened security
Suffered a stupidity attack? Call 911!
Britney Spears wants to renew marriage vows
Most viewed on MSNBC.com
Discoverer of Van Allen Belts is dead
BP admits knowledge of corrosion problems
Was the BP pipeline problem preventable?
Barbaro's vet sees encouraging signs
Sludge, lack of testing cited in pipeline failure
Most viewed on MSNBC.com
U.K.: Plot to bomb U.S.-bound planes foiled
Chertoff: Threat suggestive of an al-Qaida plot
Passengers deal with heightened security
Organic food: Is it worth the extra money?
Addiction switching: Quit smoking, but binge?
Most viewed on MSNBC.com
NBC News and news services
Updated: 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
BOSTON - Airline passengers around the country stood in line for hours and airport trash bins bulged with everything from mouthwash and shaving cream to maple syrup and fine wine Thursday in a security crackdown prompted by the discovery of a terror plot in Britain.

U.S. authorities banned the carrying of liquids onto flights after the arrest of 24 people in an alleged plot to blow up U.S.-bound planes using explosives disguised as drinks and other common products.

Chicago aviation commissioner Nuria Fernandez said the tighter restriction will remain in place for at least 12 to 72 hours and possibly longer.

Spic Steve

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL OLOLOLOLOL
Awards
it was on msn, but not all of that. Damn terrorists who get a fix blowin things up.

Electropop

What would you do for a Klondak Bar
Website
www.myspace.com
okay why would someone post this? for real? kids are scared enough as it is! this moring about the planes probelm they had with CHEMICAL acides! for the love of god! we do need to be preperd just the other day stlouis had a terrisits "fake" attack at bush staidum. we phailed. badly. we do need the airplane secturity to be tighter. but just dont post this on the forums. kids are 10 11 years old

Haruko

None of that is new. Not being able to bring your own drinks into the plane not a big deal either. Yes, shoes do have to be removed and put on the tray. If you are wearing sandals ,however, you don't need to. Arriving two hours early, a given. Honestly, it's not as bad as people make it seem. I went on vacation ,when I was finished with the security check I thought to myself "that's it?".

Xiao

serious at least all of the time
Awards
ugh, great.

im flying to new york later this month

i wish i was driving x.x

Josiah

Quarian Power!
T__T;; ...I ALWAYS Hated Airplane Flights >.> And Now I hate Them Even More .__. ...This Is Good Information Though ...>.>... Now You Know To Wear CLEAN Socks Before Going On to A Plane O.O;;

Darkness Princess

Paper Bag Heaven
*cries* I'm supposed to travel home from the UK, I have no idea what Im supposed to do, all of the instructions are for flying IN to the UK not out of it!

SharinganBlue

AMV Maker
I never liked flying on planes ever since way BEFORE 9/11 anyway. The fear of crashing because of technical problems and the way I always have air sickness. I miss those way less paranoid days, but now if security is like this I guess its for the best.

E

Eclipse

Yeah I heard of this. Guess what? ANYTHING THAT RUNS on a battery is banned from carry-on luggage or with you in your pockets. They have found a way to explode the liquid in electronic devices from batteries, and you can' t take it with you anymore. No gameboys, iPods, or cell phones.

RIDICULOUS!! what am i supposed to do on a 18 hour flight to Tokyo??? xD

ffkh

yeah a few of my friends got off a plain today and said it was accualy really easy
some airports are not as strict as others

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Well, when countries become this paranoid, you know who's winning XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back