• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

BBSV2 for a Main Game Console (LEGIT discussion RESTRICTED to FACT)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Re: BBSV2 for a Main Game Console..why not?

The PSP sales "nearly" dead I think has also to do quite a bit with there too many morons out there who pirate the games instead of buying them.

I mean I can somewhat relate if it concerns titles which are not released in one's country, but if the game is avaiable then it should be bought, not pirated.

Anna825

No, there isn't proof that it won't be on a home console. There isn't proof that it won't be on the 3DS either. But using logic dictates that it's most likely to fall on the PSP/NGP

@Taocha:

Some people..just have to tear down every oposing thought in their way....

Let's face it, unless we're talking KH3 itself, then "Home game console" pretty much means "the Wii". HD games have high development costs & a side story game is just not gonna get that kind of budget. Not that I have a problem with this, I've been waiting years for a Wii KH.

Stop. Just....stop.

The PSP sales "nearly" dead I think has also to do quite a bit with there too many morons out there who pirate the games instead of buying them.

I mean I can somewhat relate if it concerns titles which are not released in one's country, but if the game is avaiable then it should be bought, not pirated.

Don't get ethical on us.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

@Taocha:

Stop. Just....stop.

Don't get ethical on us.

Great constructive criticism there. You asked our opinion. We gave it. A "main console" seems pretty illogical considering what we believe the game will cover, and what each team is doing at the current time.

vnnk

I think the Secret episode in BBSFM Says it all. was pretty much a demo. Well hopefully

Radar

Bronze Member

I would rather just have it for the psp. Maybe it would get released faster that way.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com

@Taocha:

Stop. Just....stop.

Don't get ethical on us.

I believe the saying goes, "if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen". You gave us a theory, and we've pretty much debunked it using logic. Don't get upset, come better than that next time.

sora364

Inactive until DDD NA Release.
Awards

...Is there any coherent reasoning bolstering why people speculate Vol.2 will release on the PSP? ...I am finding the idea to be a little nonsensical myself.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

@Taocha:

I'm really not criticizing you at all; you just gave a theory and we were debunking it. No biggie.

sora364

Inactive until DDD NA Release.
Awards

I'm really not criticizing you at all; you just gave a theory and we were debunking it. No biggie.

...I do not believe she has been on here long enough to realize that this is normal. Seriously Anna, no one is excoriating you on your opinion. We just vehemently disagree with it based on aforementioned observations. Please...don't take offense to anyone's comments-no one here is out to rip your heart out and feed it to the wolves :p Honestly, you can't barge into a community like this and expect everyone to agree with you.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

...I do not believe she has been on here long enough to realize that this is normal. Seriously Anna, no one is excoriating you on your opinion. We just vehemently disagree with it based on aforementioned observations. Please...don't take offense to anyone's comments-no one here is out to rip your heart out and feed it to the wolves :p Honestly, you can't barge into a community like this and expect everyone to agree with you.
That's why I told her I wasn't gunning at her on a personal level or anything. xD
Lurking helps, you get a feel for how other people are.

Monoochrom

Not to say that I agree with Anna, but you can't debunk anything seeing as you have no more knowledge of the matter then anybody else. We don't even know if Volume 2 is a thing, we don't have as much as an announcement, currently EVERYTHING regarding this potential game is pure speculation. So please, stop pretending your oppinion has anymore weight then that of anybody else. THAT is to be understood with your choice of words, therefore I advise you choose them with a bit more wisdom.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Taocha said:
No, there isn't proof that it won't be on a home console. There isn't proof that it won't be on the 3DS either. But using logic dictates that it's most likely to fall on the PSP/NGP.

That is what I said. I never said she was wrong and I was right, maybe actually read the posts.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Not to say that I agree with Anna, but you can't debunk anything seeing as you have no more knowledge of the matter then anybody else. We don't even know if Volume 2 is a thing, we don't have as much as an announcement, currently EVERYTHING regarding this potential game is pure speculation. So please, stop pretending your oppinion has anymore weight then that of anybody else. THAT is to be understood with your choice of words, therefore I advise you choose them with a bit more wisdom.

I'm not going to argue anything you said there, because I could bring up a ton of interviews that talk about a mystery game and talk about how the Secret Episode was exactly like a demo, but you are right that we don't know anymore than another person. What we are doing is using logic to explain out reasoning, gained from the Secret Episode, interviews, and prior knowledge of the developer's schedules.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com

I'm not going to argue anything you said there, because I could bring up a ton of interviews that talk about a mystery game and talk about how the Secret Episode was exactly like a demo, but you are right that we don't know anymore than another person. What we are doing is using logic to explain out reasoning, gained from the Secret Episode, interviews, and prior knowledge of the developer's schedules.

Spoken like the very man you have in your avatar and sig. XD

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Lycoris is definitely the female Spock.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Very right on the spot. *claps hands*

It's actually not that we debunk a theory as absolutely impossible, but only as very unlikely, as we have many indicators that make as PSP or NGP-release more likely than a Home Console or 3DS-release.

Monoochrom

Indications aren't proof, you couldn't bring up anything if you wanted to. I don't follow the Interviews as if Nomura were some kind of God ^^ so would you mind pointing out where this can be seen and why the mystery game can't be 3D? This Game, which I also believe in, will in my Eyes most likely be a NGP Title. My logic tells me that by the Time any new Game would come out, the PSP wouldn't be a viable Option and Sony will be looking to push the NGP and bury the PSP, which could very well mean ''Here, take some money Square-Enix''. The PS3 doesn't seem to really be an option to me, at the very least not as a standalone title. Perhaps if we were talking a BBS Complete it would make a bit more sense. But as a Fan of the Series, I would rather see a slightly improved Version of all the Games on 1 BRD for the PS3. BBS just seems too short for a PS3 Game, it fits the Handheld format because each Story in itself could be completed in a few Hours. I however would like to see the Games ported.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I was just seriously bothered by the use of the word ''debunk''.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Can I just say, I did a facepalm when I read the above comment.

-spends the next few minutes compiling interviews-

BBS Ultimania said:
"Two more games aside from KHIII are in the works."

andriasang interview said:
More mysteriously, he added, "Also, there are still titles that were not announced this time," presumably in reference to the 1st Production Department being in development with additional games that weren't shown at the Premier event.

Famitsu interview 11/18/10 said:
-- Are you focussing on the release of "Birth by Sleep Final Mix" right now? --

Nomura: Work on that has basically finished. We're recording the new Secret Episode, so I really want those of you interested in plot mysteries to play it.

-- Will the Secret Episode be different to the Secret Movies we've seen so far? --

Nomura: In the Secret Episode, you'll actually be able to control characters. I think you'll be able to relish a different kind of surprise to simply watching a movie.

Re:coded Ultimania said:
When we were discussing in the Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Ultimania, you mentioned that there were 2 new Kingdom Hearts titles other than Kingdom Hearts III coming up. One coming out in 2010, and one more being announced in 2011. It seems the title releasing in 2010 was Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded, but what about the other one? Were you referring to Kingdom Hearts 3D or Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix?

Nomura: No, at the time of that interview I intended to hint toward a different project. However, focusing my energy on Kingdom Hearts 3D and Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix comes first. Since a new Secret Episode is revealed in the Birth By Sleep Final Mix, I definitely want it to be seen. I think when you see it you’ll be excited for future developments.

Moreover 2012 will be the 10th anniversary for Kingdom Hearts, it seems that you are planning something.

Nomura: Yeah. Actually, the real reason I went to E3 this year was to speak with the chairman of Disney Interactive Studios. The things we discussed are confidential, but our discussion had everyone’s interests in mind. From within that conversation, I’m considering whether there was something about the 10th Anniversary that I could announce.

Now, should I keep adding more? Or is that enough proof?

Last edited:

Anna825

Now, should I keep adding more? Or is that enough proof?

You use the term 'proof' pretty dang loosely. That's not proof, that's text on a page.

For starters, I have proof that a couple of the above quotes from Nomura's interviews were taken out of context during translation.

Second off, the only thing that's really set in stone is that Nomura is hinting there are projects in the works. Like there aren't always projects in the works.

I don't think that there is even enough proof to say that the unannounced title is the direct sequel to BBS. There is NOTHING that suggests anything further about what platform this game is gonna be on.

I was just THINKING Nomura might make a remix of probably the most plot-necessary game since KHII for a main console. Since it sold so well for the PSP, what makes you think Sony wouldn't want it for the PS3. And as for the playstation network, that's been covered in another topic....

And you know what? I'm thinking I'm probably right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back