• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

BBS with card system - Does this suck or not?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

BBS card system, will you like it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ghalghej

In the Dark Realm, trying to find a flashlight to
Very simple question here folks. Think it will suck (or not)? Do you think that the capacity of the PSP is being well used? Do you think a classic KH gameplay would be better? Do you like the card system? Do you think classic KH gameplay would make BBS more fun? Think this gameplay on wich you select the commands is cooler? (and any other questions you can think of...)

Why don't we develop this and discuss this matter here?

EDIT: Ok, so it's not like CoM, updating now!

Last edited:

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
We've already seen what the battle system looks like, just not what it does, so it's obviously not a cardbattle system

The Twilight Prince

The closest I ever gave..
Website
www.myspace.com
Nomura didn't say it was "cards", he said it was like that system, as in you'd build a command list of abilites and choose which one came next. He said it'd be similar in some ways, but different too. I actually think (based on looks at least) that the battle system will be pretty cool.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
It's already been confirmed that it's not a card system. At most, it's like this: you select commands on a menu, and those commands show up during battle. Which is why the menu has so many commands.

The Twilight Prince

Website
www.myspace.com
It's already been confirmed that it's not a card system. At most, it's like this: you select commands on a menu, and those commands show up during battle. Which is why the menu has so many commands.

Mmhm. For example, in that one screen where Terra is swinging his keyblade and fire is kinda like coming out where he swung. That could be kinda like this games "sleights". As in, you'd put a magic command with an attack command and it creates a firey swing. Unless of course thats an ability all on its own, which is also possible.

ghalghej

Mmhm. For example, in that one screen where Terra is swinging his keyblade and fire is kinda like coming out where he swung. That could be kinda like this games "sleights". As in, you'd put a magic command with an attack command and it creates a firey swing. Unless of course thats an ability all on its own, which is also possible.

Cool, this makes me remember a game, but I don't know what...

Maybe they are trying to make a more FF like gameplay? like in FFVIII with the junctions.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
So it could be considered a hybrid of the card system and the normal system.

In essentials, yes.

Nice idea, hadn't thought of that. That's the second time today, =D.

The Twilight Prince

Website
www.myspace.com
Cool, this makes me remember a game, but I don't know what...

Maybe they are trying to make a more FF like gameplay? like in FFVIII with the junctions.

Could be. Though I never did play FFVIII. I just though it was a brand new system. Though I am interested in how this new level up thing will work. Nomura said the best way he could describe it was that it was like "growing". Not exactly sure what he means by that.

keybladerxiii

Website
www.youtube.com
I like this idea and it was kinda what i was thinking the battle system would be like (more or less)

Last edited:

O a t h keeper

Musically Promiscuous
Very simple question here folks. Think it will suck (or not)? Do you think that the capacity of the PSP is being well used? Do you think a classic KH gameplay would be better? Do you like the card system? Do you think classic KH gameplay would make BBS more fun? Think this gameplay on wich you select the commands is cooler? (and any other questions you can think of...)

No. Yes. Maybe. No. No. Yes.

Basically, although I did not enjoy CoM's gameplay, I have faith that Nomura and Co. will be able to think of something much more fun and entertaining.

shadow_of_light

command, not card. and yes, i think it can work. its essentially like how they're going to do final fantasy 13. wanna visual? go here and watch the trailer.
and this, quoted from wiki: As seen in the E3 2006 trailer, battles are menu driven. Commands are selected from a reel on the bottom left side of the screen. Each command has an ATB Cost, which reduces the ATB bar. It is believed that the bar fills up over time, like the traditional ATB system, but in Final Fantasy XIII you can input commands while it is still filling.

Last edited:

Ultima Fenrir

Bronze Member
If there was a simple strike by say hitting X and then a command list of stronger attacks i would like it. The straight card system was pure torture though.

The Twilight Prince

Website
www.myspace.com
If there was a simple strike by say hitting X and then a command list of stronger attacks i would like it. The straight card system was pure torture though.

Agreed. While it wasn't that bad at first, it got insanely annoying after a while. That and balancing out your CP bonuses was intensely difficult to do what with sleight learning and hp bonuses as well.

I ended up having a terrible deck the first time I played through when I got to Marluxia. After I got used to it though I got better at it. But I still would rather not have it.

ghalghej

I think thay could do a classic system in BBS. The only thing that would have to be cut out was the shortcut system. (Or not, the left directional button could be the shortcut)

R/L- Camera
Analogic - Move
Direction Buttons - Scroll commands or acess shortcut ( left for shortcut/ up, down scroll/ right select magic or items list)
X- choose
Square- Special abilities (Guard, etc...)
Triangle - Reactions (if used) examine, etc...
Circle- N/A

Could be playable...

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
O will always be jump, obviously, X attack (or choose command), [ ] Ability button, Trianlge hopefully reaction commands, those are cool, and the rest you put are fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back