• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

BBS vol.2 - PSP or NGP (PSP2)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

which system do you want BBS vol.2 on?

• PSP

Votes: 74 81.3%
  • NGP

Votes: 17 18.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
I myself don't get what the use for the touch pad was but from the example with Uncharted at the event, it made climbing much more easier. But I still don't see BBS on the NGP, possibly the 3DS would be more suitable.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Well, Nintendo is entitled to make a profit too. And ultimately, the decision to the price of the NGP lies exclusively within Sony's hands. Putting the blame on Nintendo isn't exactly fair. I would hope that Sony learned from the PS3 launch that going TOO above and beyond your competitors is detrimental to business, though. But the PSP itself has it's share of problems. Their best selling game in 2010(Some game called Birth By Sleep, it's about some blue haired chick who fights her friends with a key) sold less than 365/2 Days(It's about this dude named Sora who is best friends with Sora and then kills Sora to become Sora).

Nintendo is entitled to, yes, but as a consumer, I'm also entitled to feel annoyed when they increase the price by $50 from what they intended to charge because people reacted well to their system. XD;

And Sony can charge whatever they want too, but they'd be foolish not to choose the price point that would give them as many customers as possible while generating an overall profit for system+future games. Nintendo coming in at a higher price point changed those calculations whether they intended to or not.

PSP's biggest problem was piracy - I couldn't find any statistics for Birth by Sleep, but Dissidia was pirated over 5 million times, so there's probably a ton of people out there in the US who played BbS without buying it. If Sony can get people to play legitimate games on NGP, they'll be a lot better off.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
So why do we need a touch pad? What is its function?

We defintely won't know unless we play a game with it.

Actually, the track pad on the back was concieved because it can open up new gameplay possibilities [or tag R2/L2 functions if the developers are lazy] as well as avoiding the touch screen on the front if the developers believe it may intefere with what's going on the screen.

If anyone remembers that rolling ball game it was shown in the NGP trailer, they shown the features of the track pad, which was used to interact with the ground to move the ball. To be fair, I can imagine a game where the touchscreen controls a digger, but uses the trackpad to travel underground. So front screen = overground. Track pad = Underground.

Also. I want to point out something:

Would it matter if Birth by Sleep Vol 2 did come out for the NGP? Even if it did, it wouldn't come out for a while. I think we all full know that KH3D is likely to come out before Vol 2, which will come out after the NGP release. By the time Vol 2 is released for the NGP, many things can shift the market value of the NGP. The parts used for the NGP may be cheaper than it once was at launch. There may be more games that could entice any newcomers. But...

If many people are complaining about the prospect of Vol 2 being released on the NGP, then it speaks volume that the majority of the fans here AREN'T gamers. And that is fine. I can understand the annoyance. You just better hope that when Square release KH3, they should include a long-ass recap introduction. In fact, has anyone played Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snake?

Konami was awesome enough to include two recap articles of Metal Gear 1 and 2. After reading those two articles, I knew everything about what happened in MG1 and 2, as well as the relationship between Snake and Big Boss. It was well-done. In fact, Konami did it again with MGS4, which a free download can give you access to a wide variety of information. Sure, MGS as a whole is fucking confusing, but at least Konami tries to give you a free encyclopedia.

Square should try to opt for those options.

Last edited:

Dark Wing

Awards
If many people are complaining about the prospect of Vol 2 being released on the NGP, then it speaks volume that the majority of the fans here AREN'T gamers.

just cuz some of our pockets aren't as deep as other has nothing to do with us being "gamers"... just sayin, not everyone can afford to buy every single game console that's released.

and i'm sure the prospect of a game in any series being released on a console your probably not going to be able to afford doesn't appeal to anyone that would be a fan of that series

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
just cuz some of our pockets aren't as deep as other has nothing to do with us being "gamers"... just sayin, not everyone can afford to buy every single game console that's released.

Though everyone is being overdramatic about the NGP being expensive. It is almost as if people expect BBS V2 to be released within a year at most. If KH3D is being released in 2012, then V2 will likely to be released in 2013.

This means between 2011 and 2013, the NGP will be released at the end of this year, have been on the market for a year and marketing strategies would change rapidly. Let's also not forget that NGP is using mostly existing parts to keep the cost down, instead of building their own parts. The iPhone 4 cost around £130, to what I hear, just to manufacture it. And the NGP is more or less same design. Use existing parts to keep the cost down.

As I said, just play the wait-and-see approach. Volume 2 won't be released for a while. Well certainly not until 2013 if Nomura's comment on 'One KH a Year' is any indication.

Anna825

Nintendo is entitled to, yes, but as a consumer, I'm also entitled to feel annoyed when they increase the price by $50 from what they intended to charge because people reacted well to their system. XD;

And Sony can charge whatever they want too, but they'd be foolish not to choose the price point that would give them as many customers as possible while generating an overall profit for system+future games. Nintendo coming in at a higher price point changed those calculations whether they intended to or not.

PSP's biggest problem was piracy - I couldn't find any statistics for Birth by Sleep, but Dissidia was pirated over 5 million times, so there's probably a ton of people out there in the US who played BbS without buying it. If Sony can get people to play legitimate games on NGP, they'll be a lot better off.

So the honest consumers should pay, just because Sony can't secure their own freakin merchandise?

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
Also, PS:

I want Square/Disney to release Birth by Sleep on the PSN store. I wouldn't mind paying money for a Digital Download copy. But I would love them more if they release Birth by Sleep Vol 2 on the NGP with a free voucher for the Digital Copy of Birth by Sleep as well as do some form of data transferal between the two games.

Xorne

Also, PS:

I want Square/Disney to release Birth by Sleep on the PSN store. I wouldn't mind paying money for a Digital Download copy. But I would love them more if they release Birth by Sleep Vol 2 on the NGP with a free voucher for the Digital Copy of Birth by Sleep as well as do some form of data transferal between the two games.

Yes, yes, yes. See, that's something that would be baller. Will a voucher for a digital copy happen? Probably not. Should it happen? Yes!

The data transferal between the two games definitely seems more likely... and should also happen. O:)

Mr. Crowley

Banned
I didn't see anything wrong with BBS's graphics, but then again I'm not picky about graphics. I hope they release it on the PSP. I don't want to have to choose between BBSv2 and furthering my college education.

CaptainMarvelQ8

Bronze Member
Awards
arent games on psn easily pirated?

No, PlayStaion Network [Digital] games don't get pirated,PSP "UMD" [Physical] games do get
I didn't see anything wrong with BBS's graphics, but then again I'm not picky about graphics. I hope they release it on the PSP. I don't want to have to choose between BBSv2 and furthering my college education.

was that a joke?
because a decision like that is totally out of the question

Ikkin

Bronze Member
So the honest consumers should pay, just because Sony can't secure their own freakin merchandise?

...wait, what? o_0 I'm not sure how you got that from my post.

(For the record, my points were a) Nintendo are jerks for adding $50 in markup because their fans are enthusiastic, b) the price that's most effective for Sony probably increased because the 3DS is so expensive, and c) BbS and the PSP as a whole would have done much better if Sony used their ninja to take out a few of them thar pirates)

MandoKeyMaster

I don't vote off the Wii either, but not this saga. No on the 3DS. That will take too long to make and release and include a port.

It is easy enough to release BBS + BBSv2 on the same UMD, like how Dissidia 012 has both duodecim and prologus. It would make BBSv2 more marketable, and the game can easily share map renders and overall mechanics. And it would definitely fit, proven when the BBS UMD was shown to be filled with junk files and had plenty of space to spare.

You pretty much summed it up. No further comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back