• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

BBS vol.2 - PSP or NGP (PSP2)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

which system do you want BBS vol.2 on?

• PSP

Votes: 74 81.3%
  • NGP

Votes: 17 18.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Key to Truth

Awards
That sounds far too optimistic. I'd imagine if they did decide to put BBSv2 on the PSP2/NGP it wouldn't be too long after the console was out. At least not long enough for a price drop. But that's just my opinion so take it for what it is. :)

Lol, the PSP2 is going to cost around 300$ on release date, and I'm pretty sure Square-enix staff aren't Flash, the game will take at least 2 years (minimum) to come out.

Anna825

NGP. It would be the closest thing to KH3. I would really like to have a KH game in current-gen graphics and the NGP can probably pull it off.
I was planning on buying an NGP anyway, not on release but when I feel the time is right.

Ew. why don't you just ask for KHIII on a REAL platform?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Why stay that way? KHIII will be on it.....someday, I hope. ;-;

Not just. Of course KH3!

No way is the NGP going to be $300. $300-$400 is the range but no way is it going to be prices at $299 release. With how much is going into it (graphics, touchscreen, gaming, 3G capabilities) This is going to cost what an iPhone costs without the plan. $400 tops.

Xorne

Lol, the PSP2 is going to cost around 300$ on release date, and I'm pretty sure Square-enix staff aren't Flash, the game will take at least 2 years (minimum) to come out.

As much as I hope your price is right... I'm still expecting it to cost more than that on release. Analysts seem to be trying to figure a price out and are coming to all kinds of different answers.

And I'm definitely not saying they're Flash or Quicksilver or any other speedy being. I'm just telling myself that they've already been working on it - and for all I know I could be dead wrong.

(Again, I'm really split on the issue as I'll eventually pick up an NGP since I seem to like owning various Sony, Nintendo and Sega consoles anyway)

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Not just. Of course KH3!

No way is the NGP going to be $300. $300-$400 is the range but no way is it going to be prices at $299 release. With how much is going into it (graphics, touchscreen, gaming, 3G capabilities) This is going to cost what an iPhone costs without the plan. $400 tops.

Agreed on the price bit. People thinking it'll cost $200 by the time BBSv2 is ready to drop are delusional.

Or maybe not, considering how long it usually takes Square to make these things....I just get the feeling they've been working on this title for awhile.

vnnk

Did Nomura state in a not so long ago interview that they were working on a KH Project for a while ? If so lets hope this is it :)

Star

The closest thing to KH on a PS3 is Final Fantasy Versus XIII. And it should stay that was.

Technically, that's true. But that's still not the same to me. Versus will be a totally different game that'll just resemble Kingdom Hearts in some ways.
I just want a "real" (lack of better word) KH with current-gen graphics. With the same universe, gameplay (somewhat), characters, Disney. Versus won't give any of that and that's fine. But I'd still like a KH for the NGP.

Star

Ew. why don't you just ask for KHIII on a REAL platform?

Because we'll have to wait for 3-4 years for that. If we're lucky.
What's so wrong about wanting a KH game on the NGP? I think it could do great things.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Because we'll have to wait for 3-4 years for that. If we're lucky.
What's so wrong about wanting a KH game on the NGP? I think it could do great things.

We'll have to wait 3-4 years. Developing a game on the NGP is probably exactly like developing a game for the PS3.

Cheaken

Awards
If it ended up going on the NGP, I probably would quit the series a while. I love this series, but seriously, were not all rich and I bought enough systems for this series as it is. I didn't just buy the systems for KH, but it was a big factor. And if the system is on par with PS3 the games will probably cost around $60, I just can't do that. Maybe later.

Star

We'll have to wait 3-4 years. Developing a game on the NGP is probably exactly like developing a game for the PS3.

You got a point there, but still, we'll have to wait until Versus is ready for KH3 to be in development and since the Mystery game is probably already in production, it'll still come out sooner than KH3. Of course that's just me guessing but it would be logical to assume that.
I see a lot of potential in the NGP. That is why I would like to see a KH for it, even if I didn't have the budget for it.

I don't think the mystery game is for NGP anyway, but the topic is about on what system you'd like to see the game on.

lasersquash

Sitting on a comfy chair in front of a fireplace ,

Except that sony made the NGP easier for developers to use as well as bringing software from any playstation system with hardly any need for modification. (From which i think i read in an article around the time SONY unveiled the NGP.) That being said BBS Vol.2 may come out at the same time as if it were made for the PSP, if they dont fully use the power of the NGP of course

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Except that sony made the NGP easier for developers to use as well as bringing software from any playstation system with hardly any need for modification. (From which i think i read in an article around the time SONY unveiled the NGP.) That being said BBS Vol.2 may come out at the same time as if it were made for the PSP, if they dont fully use the power of the NGP of course

Then why make it for the NGP? Just put it on the PSP if you are going to develop it like it was made for the PSP.

And I know it does that, but people want this game to take advantage of NGP's capabilities. They want it to be made like a PSP3 game, which is where my argument lies.

darkheart709

Bronze Member
3ds should be an option for this poll

Then why make it for the NGP? Just put it on the PSP if you are going to develop it like it was made for the PSP.

And I know it does that, but people want this game to take advantage of NGP's capabilities. They want it to be made like a PSP3 game, which is where my argument lies.

psp would be pointless at this point, its not doing well, its not really selling software except for in japan, even sony has difficulty selling their own software

DChiuch

Website
www.danielchiuchiarelli.com
(Assuming PSP) If they release a UMD with both BBS and BBSV2, similar to what they're doing with Dissidia, it will be the first time a Kingdom Hearts title has been re-released in English regions. It'd be interesting to see if they included bonuses from Final Mix.

darkheart709

Bronze Member
You realize the NGP is a Sony product, right?

yeah, but i'm talking about the psp, not ngp. PSP is doing bad, we don't know how NGP will do yet

(Assuming PSP) If they release a UMD with both BBS and BBSV2, similar to what they're doing with Dissidia, it will be the first time a Kingdom Hearts title has been re-released in English regions. It'd be interesting to see if they included bonuses from Final Mix.

there is no way they are going to be able to fit both on one umd.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
there is no way they are going to be able to fit both on one umd.

Tell me how they are fitting Dissidia 012 duodecim and prologus on the same UMD? It'll fit, especially since the game will most likely share map renders and overall mechanics, like I stated earlier in this thread.

The BBS UMD was full of junk and the game data barely took any space, so I'm pretty sure you can do a two-for-one on one UMD and be good. Especially if they used pre-rendered videos during scenes that don't have any game mechanic changes, which doesn't require the system to process and render the graphics, effectively saving space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back