• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

BBS vol.2 - PSP or NGP (PSP2)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

which system do you want BBS vol.2 on?

• PSP

Votes: 74 81.3%
  • NGP

Votes: 17 18.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

darkheart709

Bronze Member
Tell me how they are fitting Dissidia 012 duodecim and prologus on the same UMD? It'll fit, especially since the game will most likely share map renders and overall mechanics, like I stated earlier in this thread.

The BBS UMD was full of junk and the game data barely took any space, so I'm pretty sure you can do a two-for-one on one UMD and be good. Especially if they used pre-rendered videos during scenes that don't have any game mechanic changes, which doesn't require the system to process and render the graphics, effectively saving space.

well if its possible, still don't think it will happen

Two UMDs..?

also possible, still think its unlikely

darkheart709

Bronze Member
Right, because Dissidia isn't proof it is possible it can happen...>_>

okay, but wouldn't bbs be more difficult to do rather than something like dissidia. dissidia's story mode was just a bunch of fights one after the other

Key to Truth

Awards
Tell me how they are fitting Dissidia 012 duodecim and prologus on the same UMD? It'll fit, especially since the game will most likely share map renders and overall mechanics, like I stated earlier in this thread.

The BBS UMD was full of junk and the game data barely took any space, so I'm pretty sure you can do a two-for-one on one UMD and be good. Especially if they used pre-rendered videos during scenes that don't have any game mechanic changes, which doesn't require the system to process and render the graphics, effectively saving space.

Eh... not really. Even if you took all the "useless" space they'd have around 400 free MB (only 80MB if we talk about FM version), which is not precisely a lot if we are talking about making a new game (more if we are talking about KH).

Dissidia is an exception. Why you ask? Because Dissidia was freaking filled with junk, if you took out the pre-rendered videos, the game barely reaches the 400 Mb mark (out of the 1700MB of the UMD), so they have PLENTY of space to even make a new game out of it and still inslude the first Dissidia.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
No way is the NGP going to be $300. $300-$400 is the range but no way is it going to be prices at $299 release. With how much is going into it (graphics, touchscreen, gaming, 3G capabilities) This is going to cost what an iPhone costs without the plan. $400 tops.

Hahahano.

Quoth Shuhei Yoshida: "I can't talk about a definitive price at this stage, but since the very beginning we had a target in mind. So, when considering various features, we always had our price range in mind. There were elements that we found pretty cool, but had to set aside to remain on target. It's a big lesson we learnt from the PS3. There's no point putting everything you want into a device and doing the math later. We always had the price and consumer in mind. We had to sell something that people could buy."

Read: Sony had a price in mind way back in '08. When the PS3 was doing terribly due to the high price. When the 3DS hadn't been priced, and they probably assumed they'd be competing with a $150-200 system.

Their "target" couldn't possibly have been more than $250 (for a base model, possibly with no 3G or built-in memory), under those circumstances.

If the system ends up costing more than that, it's Nintendo's fault for failing to give them a reason to compete on price.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I would love an NGP title, though I know it would take a lot longer to make one.

I really think the best solution is to make a PSP title. It would use the same engine as BBS and combined with the experience from the team that made BBS, then Volume II wont really take too long to make. Also they would likely release it on the PS Network or something as well so NGP owners would also be able to play the game.

Amazing

Merciful Minvera please no.

I'm just now getting a new PSP to replace the one that this jerk-off at school stole from me. I'm not going to spend my money on a goddamn PSP2

darkheart709

Bronze Member
I would love an NGP title, though I know it would take a lot longer to make one.

I really think the best solution is to make a PSP title. It would use the same engine as BBS and combined with the experience from the team that made BBS, then Volume II wont really take too long to make. Also they would likely release it on the PS Network or something as well so NGP owners would also be able to play the game.

disney didn't allow them to put it on the psn last time, what makes you think they would be willing to this time

Last edited:

Ikkin

Bronze Member
disney didn't allow them to put it on the sn last time, what makes you think they would be willing to this time

If Sony really is requiring all NGP games to have a digital release, Square-Enix might decide it's worth convincing Disney to let them do it considering the sales of PSP games and the fact that they'll want in on the NGP hype.

(On the other hand, they could always try to convince Sony to waive the "must release on PSN" thing instead and release an up-port as an NGP cart, which would probably be more effective for sales purposes)

metrifyx

PSP. To be honest, money plays a huge part in that. For me it's either the 3DS or NGP, and I want to play KH:3D (as well as many other 3DS games) much more than V2 because of the fresher gameplay.

But couldn't SE just pull a Twilight Princess? Sure, the Wii gameplay could have been better if it were developed solely for the Wii, but it was an enjoyable game, and everyone was happy to *some* extent.

Ronove

I want it on NGP, because I want to play HD Kingdom Hearts. Seriously, having the opening cinematic style also be present in the entire game would be fantastic. Of course, I don't want it to be on the NGP looking like it could be a PSP game.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
You spend time in the FF section. Dissidia 012 has both the first and second game on the same UMD.

You said Dissidia 012 and prologus on the same UMD. I already know the first Dissidia is included with 012.

So, what were you talking about?

spicklespop

I'm really hoping it's on the PSP. I seriously just got one. It would suck to have to find someone to borrow the PSP2 and game from, because there's no way in hell I'm buying another gaming system. >:C

BladeofHearts18

Hahahano.

Quoth Shuhei Yoshida: "I can't talk about a definitive price at this stage, but since the very beginning we had a target in mind. So, when considering various features, we always had our price range in mind. There were elements that we found pretty cool, but had to set aside to remain on target. It's a big lesson we learnt from the PS3. There's no point putting everything you want into a device and doing the math later. We always had the price and consumer in mind. We had to sell something that people could buy."

Read: Sony had a price in mind way back in '08. When the PS3 was doing terribly due to the high price. When the 3DS hadn't been priced, and they probably assumed they'd be competing with a $150-200 system.

Their "target" couldn't possibly have been more than $250 (for a base model, possibly with no 3G or built-in memory), under those circumstances.

If the system ends up costing more than that, it's Nintendo's fault for failing to give them a reason to compete on price.

You're blaming Nintendo for something they didn't do. The PSP2 has to cost more than 300$ for Sony to be able to break even. With all the power they're putting in that thing, it can't cost less than 300 or else Sony would be losing money. You think a powerful device like that could be priced under 300$? I don't think so. Nintendo and Sony aren't competing with prices. They can't. Their systems are just way too different in terms of hardware and software that their prices can't be comparable. Some cell phones that have less power than the NGP (ie. Iphone 4, EVO 4g, Droid 2) cost 200-400 dollars ( depending on if it's bought with a contract or not). I'd say the NGP will be priced anywhere between 300 and 400 dollars. Any more than that and they will be competing with their PS3, which they don't want to do.

Bobjam

Awards
I'm not so sure Square would want to take even more time to put a current gaming system on a whole new handheld when it works perfectly fine on the original...saying that they can get adventurous these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back