• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

BBS Voice Acting

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

keybladealex

We all know that Japan is in the process of recording for BBS. However, I was wondering about it being all VAing.

I remember reading that it was all going to be in voices, but some scans (Ven and the mouse in Cinderella's world) there are dialogue boxes. Does anyone know what happened to this idea?

I stay up to date on the news (when there is any) but I've been wondering about this the most.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Each and every Kingdom Hearts game has portions with dialogue boxes. You can't expect everything to be voiced.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
He said the game had full voice-acting, yeah. That doesn't mean there aren't going to be portions done in dialogue boxes.

A

Azrael

I was trying to find the article to back it up, but couldn't find it. Therefore, no link. Buy Nomura said it was the most volume packed and then...yeah.

But there will always be scenes with voiceless text boxes. It's cheaper than voicing everything.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
This is going to be a total noob question, but does full voice acting NOT mean no boxes? What does it mean then?

CoM only had voice-acting between the floors, and Days only had it in certain scenes.
BBS will be like KH1 and KH2, with voice-acting in every world.

You can't expect everything to be voiced. That would get tiresome.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
It's true that you shouldn't get your hopes up for 100% voiced dialogue, but it'd be nice if they incorporated it. (Kinda cheap and lazy for them not to imo, especially for a game that's been in development for as long as it has)

It's true that you shouldn't get your hopes up for 100% voiced dialogue, but it'd be nice if they incorporated it. (Kinda cheap and lazy for them not to imo, especially for a game that's been in development for as long as it has)

Honestly it isn't. You have to understand that they only have so much space to work with on these disc. A text box takes up far less room then dialogue does. It also saves time by programing text as well and saves on production cost. If they did do a full dialogue game (especially using a PSP disc) then the game would be shortened, they have to tone down the graphics, game play would have to be simplied, and possibly characters would have to be tossed. You wouldn't have to read, but you'd end with a crappy game most likely.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Personally, if I want to talk to Cinderella about how to get to the ballroom, I'd rather have it be in a text-box than have to sit through a pointless scenes for it.

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
I want to see more VA, but I'm also fine if they stick some simple bubbles in there too.And if they do cancel out VA in worlds, then this game will lose it's flair for me{ but just a little bit }

Like raz said, I don't want a scene that lasts maybe 15 sec. just to tell me where to go.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
Honestly it isn't. You have to understand that they only have so much space to work with on these disc. A text box takes up far less room then dialogue does. It also saves time by programing text as well and saves on production cost. If they did do a full dialogue game (especially using a PSP disc) then the game would be shortened, they have to tone down the graphics, game play would have to be simplied, and possibly characters would have to be tossed. You wouldn't have to read, but you'd end with a crappy game most likely.

I don't even mean for them to include extravagant cutscenes at every dialogue. It's hard to explain through text, but if you've played FFX, you might understand what I mean. In the game, one could have Tidus walk around and start conversations with people and subtitles would pop up, but the lines would also be voiced. Afterwords, it would immediately end and the character would resume the standing position.

I'd rather have it like that, especially when a huge cutscenes finishes. It kinda ruins the mood for me when I see just text to follow it up.

keybladealex

I don't even mean for them to include extravagant cutscenes at every dialogue. It's hard to explain through text, but if you've played FFX, you might understand what I mean. In the game, one could have Tidus walk around and start conversations with people and subtitles would pop up, but the lines would also be voiced. Afterwords, it would immediately end and the character would resume the standing position.

I'd rather have it like that, especially when a huge cutscenes finishes. It kinda ruins the mood for me when I see just text to follow it up.

This word work. I liked that aspect of the FFX game. It put me more in the world. Just like when I play the original FFs and they are not dialogued, it takes me a while to understand what us going on and where I need to be.

Also, can't a PSP disk hold as much as a normal PS2 disk these days? And thanks for the answer. I guess it means that some little things are in dialogue and not just the important stuff (i.e. between floors).

Ummmm...I have played FFX and I know what you're talking about. It still doesn't change the fact of what I said. Now if BBS were to come out on the PS2 they could conceivably do it, considering it had already been done on FFX. However it is being released on the PSP in which space is more limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back