• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

BbS Ultimania "Plot Mysteries" Nomura interview

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Spoiler

- How did you decide on the subtitle for this game, ‘Birth by Sleep’?

Nomura:
Honestly, I simply wanted to try using the word ‘by’ (laughs). I thought, game subtitles always have ‘of’ or ‘is’, but you hardly ever see ‘by’.

...Nice deep meaning behind the title, Nomura. -__________- FML

Where did you read that part of the interview? I didnt come across it in the OP...

YUPPP

Wow, you don't understand. And another thing, I was joking with him.I swear. Some members just get so uptight abotu things they don't understand. It's fucking annoying really.

You were not joking that person definitely got to you.
Mhm your right I don't understand but I'm done with it.
So go on ahead and be pissy about something as stupid and insignificant as a game.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
You were not joking that person definitely got to you.
Mhm your right I don't understand but I'm done with it.
So go on ahead and be pissy about something as stupid and insignificant as a game.

Aren't you supposed to be in jail Ms. Cleo?
Since you're psychic and all.

Yeah, maybe he's needed for Ven to fully reform or something. Oh wait I know TLS vs VS. That would be epic.

That would be epic. I don't know how VS fights and I don't plan to find out until BBS hits America.
You seen the video with the player hacking FM2 to fight TLS as Cub Sora?

Lord betrayus

Website
m.www.yahoo.com
Aren't you supposed to be in jail Ms. Cleo?
Since you're psychic and all.

That would be epic. I don't know how VS fights and I don't plan to find out until BBS hits America.
You seen the video with the player hacking FM2 to fight TLS as Cub Sora?

No, haven't seen the video, I'm assuming it's a win/lose. Win for TLS and lose for cub.

namine_ftw

Maybe, but I think it's more than likely going to be Sora, Riku and Aqua. They, along with Mickey who I doubt we'll ever get a full scenario with, ARE the most powerful keybearers in the KH Universe known that aren't either retired (Yen Sid) or incapacitated in some sort of manner (Master Eraqus, Terra, Ventus and perhaps Roxas and Xion) Besides, Kairi looked like she was staying home at Destiny Islands again.

I personally think it would be horrible if Sora, Riku, and Aqua go. Yes, they're the strongest wielders, but Aqua isn't a member of the Destiny Island trio. Kairi is. If she gets her own scenario she'll get some much-needed screentime.

She looked like she was staying home, but she was supposed to in KH2 and look what happened. Besides, I don't think Riku's going either.

Anyways yeah I see what you guys mean by how the secret ending hinted Kairi not coming with them, but in the letter it also said Kairi was the key...
And an Aqua scenario in KH3 wouldnt really fit if you ask me. Kairi would be better for the whole trio thing

What's this about Kairi being the key?

And yeah, I think it would make the most sense if Kairi goes. Anything else would just seem...off.

And I agree. I wish Kairi had been given a proper role, but for all the games she's been a DiD. Now she's getting a Keyblade but in a shitty way. It's not cool. hell, she could have used her natural PoH powers. they can be used to fight, I really doubt they can't. Especially if it's against the forces of darkness.

I don't see why everyone seems to think that PoH's have offensive powers. Nothing that I can recall suggests that they do. All their powers seen thus far have been passive.

Okay, the fact that it was done in a way where the ceremony wasn't done for Kairi, she only touched it, and they're trying to give it to her is retarded. Hell, the fact that Riku had to loan her a keyblade (whether or not that one is Aqua's or her's) makes it even worse. If she could summon it on her own then it would have been better. But she hasn't. Her character is becoming worse.

I don't think her character is being treated any better or worse than it has been in the previous games, but at least they're doing SOMETHING with her now. It's a start.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
What's this about Kairi being the key?

Yeah, that's what I wanna know.

I don't see why everyone seems to think that PoH's have offensive powers. Nothing that I can recall suggests that they do. All their powers seen thus far have been passive.

They can hold back large quantities of darkness [in a group]
Purify dark beings [individually]

It has yet to be seen if they can use their light offensively, but it'd definitely be good sport defensively.

I don't think her character is being treated any better or worse than it has been in the previous games, but at least they're doing SOMETHING with her now. It's a start.

I think they've recently been developing around Kairi as opposed to developing her directly.
But it's good to see that she's finally getting the royal treatment, even if she didn't earn it.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Uhhh, Mickey does have his own Keyblade. IKK is his, no one else's It's debatable on Star Seeker for now, but IKK has a explanation on the fact he found it, it wanted to be with him, etc. Kairi's explanation was just retarded in many aspects compared to alternate scenarios that were better.

Yeah, I'm wondering if since he used Yensid's Keyblade, he already opened up a slot for another Keyblade... Then he gone into the realm of darkness and got one, since he had the qualification already set.

Though, Kairi gets her own Keyblade, but certainly not from touching Riku's... So basically, that's still RIku's Keyblade... Kairi'll probably get hers eventually. Though, I found it weird that throughout her experiences, she wasn't able to call upon the Keyblade... There's a hole here... Nomura should have had Riku of Master status in KH2 (or, at least retcon that he was) so that everything flowed better. But whatever...

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Yeah, I'm wondering if since he used Yensid's Keyblade, he already opened up a slot for another Keyblade... Then he gone into the realm of darkness and got one, since he had the qualification already set.

Though, Kairi gets her own Keyblade, but certainly not from touching Riku's... So basically, that's still RIku's Keyblade... Kairi'll probably get hers eventually. Though, I found it weird that throughout her experiences, she wasn't able to call upon the Keyblade... There's a hole here... Nomura should have had Riku of Master status in KH2 (or, at least retcon that he was) so that everything flowed better. But whatever...

When Aqua's scenario ended, Yen Sid let Mickey keep the Star Seeker.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Well it still fits... I mean Mickey not only has been embedded by a Master, he keeps the whole package... Chosen wielder of light and darkness I guess...

namine_ftw

They can hold back large quantities of darkness [in a group]
Purify dark beings [individually]

It has yet to be seen if they can use their light offensively, but it'd definitely be good sport defensively.

I think it would be a great idea if they could use it offensively, but I don't think that's the direction Nomura's heading in. And even if the PoH's just focused on defense it still could have been a unique concept which would have involved her being helpful without going the cliched route. But that would actually be somewhat of an original idea.

All in all, it was a wasted opportubity. Even in BBS, PoH-ness is just a plot device.

I think they've recently been developing around Kairi as opposed to developing her directly.
But it's good to see that she's finally getting the royal treatment, even if she didn't earn it.

In all fairness, it's kind of hard to develop a character in games that they don't have a role in besides cameo appearences. What BBS did was set up a scenario that will most likely be the basis for whatever role she has in future games. Hopefully Nomura won't just shove a keyblade in her hand and feel that his work with her character is done, though that's probably what's going to happen.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
I think it would be a great idea if they could use it offensively, but I don't think that's the direction Nomura's heading in. And even if the PoH's just focused on defense it still could have been a unique concept which would have involved her being helpful without going the cliched route. But that would actually be somewhat of an original idea.

All in all, it was a wasted opportubity. Even in BBS, PoH-ness is just a plot device.

In all fairness, it's kind of hard to develop a character in games that they don't have a role in besides cameo appearences. What BBS did was set up a scenario that will most likely be the basis for whatever role she has in future games. Hopefully Nomura won't just shove a keyblade in her hand and feel that his work with her character is done, though that's probably what's going to happen.

They could have given her some use in KH2.

namine_ftw

They could have given her some use in KH2.

They could have. They should have, but they didn't. Now they're apparently trying to fix their mistake by making her important, but it's (understandably) a little too late for some.

I just don't see why they didn't just give her the keyblade in KH2 instead of waiting this long (and not do it in a half-assed way). Then again, Nomura makes shit up as he goes along so this shouldn't be surprising.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
They could have. They should have, but they didn't. Now they're apparently trying to fix their mistake by making her important, but it's (understandably) a little too late for some.

I just don't see why they didn't just give her the keyblade in KH2 instead of waiting this long (and not do it in a half-assed way). Then again, Nomura makes shit up as he goes along so this shouldn't be surprising.

They're doing to KAiri what they did with Xion.
I should be madder, but honestly, I'm just hoping they don't screw her up moreseo

tenchi ryu

Yea, I LOVE AQUA, but she doesn't belong in the current trio, she's already apart of one that has to be restored. Kairi really needs (maybe not deserves though) to be the third trio member, but I'm getting a real bad feeling some fucked shit with riku is finna happen( like going temporarily evil) But then again, the whole a piece of terra inside of riku is pretty cool, explains the hairstyle of that "future" riku we saw. SRK for the trio, but we should definately see ALOT of AQUA from the middle of the story til the end, with her in ALMOST EVERY CUTSCENE following them on their adventure. And her and mickey need to have plenty of "help-out" moments like the FF characters in kh2, but not just 1 or 2, a GOOD amount of help moments, like 20% of all the battles in the game

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Yea, I LOVE AQUA, but she doesn't belong in the current trio, she's already apart of one that has to be restored. Kairi really needs (maybe not deserves though) to be the third trio member, but I'm getting a real bad feeling some fucked shit with riku is finna happen( like going temporarily evil) But then again, the whole a piece of terra inside of riku is pretty cool, explains the hairstyle of that "future" riku we saw. SRK for the trio, but we should definately see ALOT of AQUA from the middle of the story til the end, with her in ALMOST EVERY CUTSCENE following them on their adventure. And her and mickey need to have plenty of "help-out" moments like the FF characters in kh2, but not just 1 or 2, a GOOD amount of help moments, like 20% of all the battles in the game

Riku isn't going to turn evil.
He's over Xehanort's controlling grasp as confirmed by KH2 and CoM.

And they need to drop the FF charas.

tenchi ryu

Riku isn't going to turn evil.
He's over Xehanort's controlling grasp as confirmed by KH2 and CoM.

And they need to drop the FF charas.
but what if MASTER xehanort tries something? he probably would have a better grasp, or he could use FORCE, EXTREME FORCE, its not like terra just gave up his body

and yea, kh has developed as its own without the need of FF or mostly disney for that matter, except the ones truly needed for the story

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
but what if MASTER xehanort tries something? he probably would have a better grasp, or he could use FORCE, EXTREME FORCE, its not like terra just gave up his body

and yea, kh has developed as its own without the need of FF or mostly disney for that matter, except the ones truly needed for the story

Riku's will is stronger than Xehanort's grasp.

Xehanort>Master Xehanort

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
I don't see the point in doing the whole "Best friend turned evil" plot again. Once a character returns from this cliche they tend to stay away from it. But sometimes in sequels, it does happen again. Which just makes me think "Oh shit... not this again. Didn't he learn his lesson last time? Doesn't he know that he is just being tricked again?" It makes me see the character as a gullible idiot who is easily turned against his friends, you know, those people you should trust more then some random stranger. Once more, any character development seems to fly out the window with the best friend's return to pawn of darkness.

Last edited:

tenchi ryu

I don't see the point in doing the whole "Best friend turned evil" plot again. Once a character returns from this cliche they tend to stay away from it. But sometimes in sequels, it does happen again. Which just makes me think "Oh shit... not this again. Didn't he learn his lesson last time? Doesn't he learn know that he is just being tricked again?" It makes me see the character as a gullible idiot who is easily turned against his friends, you know, those people you should trust more then some random stranger. Once more, any character development seems to fly out the window with the best friend's return to pawn of darkness.
yea I understand, i was just getting the point across that he wouldn't be able to choose this time if the evil role happens again. The first time he CLEARLY chose his own path even if it was with some influence. But this time I was saying his body could be literally force into evil bidding, but only for a VERY short amount of time, like Genocide said, his will is far too strong to let his self be controlled for long, if not at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back