• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

BbS Ultimania "Plot Mysteries" Nomura interview

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Because they don't, he said as much in the Days Ultimania.

Plain and simple, the timing was retconned, and has been since KH2 (given what AtW says in the SAR).
Maleficent didn't take over Radiant Garden a year after BbS, but in fact several years (I'm actually leaning on closer to KH1 than BbS). Meaning, by extension, that there was room for the apprentices to age, which they clearly did.

And... scratch that.

We just got confirmation that Nomura still says it was nine years ago. So, guess what?
+1 retcon: Was originally 9 years ago in KH1, less in KH2, and back to nine again.
+1 plothole: There is no conceivable way that Ienzo in particular aged that much in one year, he must have aged as a Nobody even though Nomura explicitly said Nobodies don't age. The effect of age can also be seen in Xemnas and Xigbar.

Lovely. Let the plotholes keep piling up!

Samhain

Bronze Member
And... scratch that.

We just got confirmation that Nomura still says it was nine years ago. So, guess what?
+1 retcon: Was originally 9 years ago in KH1, less in KH2, and back to nine again.
+1 plothole: There is no conceivable way that Ienzo in particular aged that much in one year, he must have aged as a Nobody even though Nomura explicitly said Nobodies don't age. The effect of age can also be seen in Xemnas and Xigbar.

eh xemnas "aged" because hes 2 different people and he is a special nobody.

xigbar and braig do not look that far from each other. braig from the start before he was corrupted by darkness looked a lot different but then after his eye was fucked by terra then he looks basically the same as xigbar.

they have to answer us on fucking ienzo in the bbs ultimania.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
And... scratch that.

Can't we sue him?

I'm not joking. I'm as serious as cancer.
Can we sue him?

We should also tally up everything that was retconned so we can go back and reference it in all of Nomura's faults.

Last edited:
Awards
eh xemnas "aged" because hes 2 different people and he is a special nobody.

xigbar and braig do not look that far from each other. braig from the start before he was corrupted by darkness looked a lot different but then after his eye was fucked by terra then he looks basically the same as xigbar.

they have to answer us on fucking ienzo in the bbs ultimania.

I don't see how being two different people and being a special Nobody has anything to do with aging. Look at Roxas.

Nomura said Xemnas looks to be about in his thirties. Terra/Terranort is definitely in his twenties.
As for Xigbar, it's the hair man. Unless he had some traumatizing experience, and there's no reason to believe he did, hair does not change that fast.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
I don't see how being two different people and being a special Nobody has anything to do with aging. Look at Roxas.

Nomura said Xemnas looks to be about in his thirties. Terra/Terranort is definitely in his twenties.
As for Xigbar, it's the hair man. Unless he had some traumatizing experience, and there's no reason to believe he did, hair does not change that fast.

agreed reeks of retcon. they slipped up big time with Ienzo, seriously, maybe an illusion? i mean his future nobody self

Can't we sue him?

I'm not joking. I'm as serious as cancer.
Can we sue him?

We should also tally up everything that was retconned so we can go back and reference it in all of Nomura's faults.

It's like he makes this up as he goes along and then doesn't even look back at his old stuff -_-

Noctis2.0

He confirmed that he makes shit up as he goes.
So no argument there.

Considering that KH1 was supposed to be the only game in the series I think you should take whatever was in K1 with a grain of salt. And Nomura already confessed that he had a vague idea about KH2 at the end of KH1 encase the series got picked up again. Same goes for BBS. So sorry he can't plan out every single detail to a practically ten year long franchise that wasn't even supposed to go past the first game.

I think Nomura did a great job with clearing up as many plot-holes as possible in BBS. But if you think you can do better by all means go ahead.

T

The Spoiler

As I was saying, do you think its possible that when Kairi grabbed Aquas Keyblade when she was scared it was passed to her?

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Considering that KH1 was supposed to be the only game in the series I think you should take whatever was in K1 with a grain of salt. And Nomura already confessed that he had a vague idea about KH2 at the end of KH1 encase the series got picked up again. Same goes for BBS. So sorry he can't plan out every single detail to a practically ten year long franchise that wasn't even supposed to go past the first game.

Yes, but the whole Ven-Roxas thing didn't come until 2007.
If you know he's making shit up, and I've already said it, what was the point of your post?

I think Nomura did a great job with clearing up as many plot-holes as possible in BBS. But if you think you can do better by all means go ahead.

No he didn't. He retconned half of Kh1 to hell and back.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
what do you mean? i never heard that that was a mistranslation

It was. In the original it was why did it choose you, I believe. It was talkin' 'bout the Keyblade, not a person.

As I was saying, do you think its possible that when Kairi grabbed Aquas Keyblade when she was scared it was passed to her?

If that's what they're gonna use to give Kairi a keyblade I think it would be dumb. I don't care if Aqua has Master Eraqus' keyblade, Kairi should earn her own Keyblade and not just be able to use someone else's because of a one time thing. The Riku-Terra thing makes sense, but not so much the Aqua-Kairi thing. It just seems a bit retarded to me.

Noctis2.0

Yes, but the whole Ven-Roxas thing didn't come until 2007.
If you know he's making shit up, and I've already said it, what was the point of your post?

No he didn't. He retconned half of Kh1 to hell and back.

And you would have done better? If not then STFU.

It was. In the original it was why did it choose you, I believe. It was talkin' 'bout the Keyblade, not a person.

If that's what they're gonna use to give Kairi a keyblade I think it would be dumb. I don't care if Aqua has Master Eraqus' keyblade, Kairi should earn her own Keyblade and not just be able to use someone else's because of a one time thing. The Riku-Terra thing makes sense, but not so much the Aqua-Kairi thing. It just seems a bit retarded to me.

Thats kinda unfair Kairi has just as much right to be a KW as Riku.

Lonbilly

Awards
Thats kinda unfair Kairi has just as much right to be a KW as Riku.

To be honest, no she doesn't. But I'm not saying she shouldn't be one, i'm trying to say the way they're explaining it and doing it is retarded. I'm gonna say what I said in another thread:

Kairi borrowed Riku's blade momentarily. That awakened some hidden ability to allow Kairi to receive her own Keyblade instead of actually stealing someone else's blade from them that they touched once and didn't have a ceremony on them like Riku did.

So she receives her own Keyblade and not someone else's she had her kid hands on for two seconds and had no ceremony performed on her.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
And you would have done better? If not then STFU.

Anyone can see that you don't have to retcon to make something fit.

I have a theory on how the Unversed could have existed, and then phased out by Heartless.
Duel Wielding can be explained by an ability called Synch Blade.
The reason the previous wielders died [TAV] is because MX owned the shit out of them.

I shit out better ideas than Nomura spends hours on coming up with.

Noctis2.0

Anyone can see that you don't have to retcon to make something fit.

I have a theory on how the Unversed could have existed, and then phased out by Heartless.
Duel Wielding can be explained by an ability called Synch Blade.
The reason the previous wielders died [TAV] is because MX owned the shit out of them.

I shit out better ideas than Nomura spends hours on coming up with.

s1keanureeves Yeah sure ok *pats on head*

Noctis2.0

So she receives her own Keyblade and not someone else's she had her kid hands on for two seconds and had no ceremony performed on her.

Why should she? Mickey still doesn't have his own keyblade. Although I do agree the method is a bit of a cop out but then again so was Mickey's.

Lonbilly

Awards
s1keanureeves Yeah sure ok *pats on head*

Dude, guess what? Some fans actually do have better ideas than Nomura. Sounds surprising right? Well, it's 'cuz Nomura ain't that great. In fact, KH might get better if he was taken off and replaced with someone better, like Watanabe.
[/repeated phrase i've said in other threads]

Why should she? Mickey still doesn't have his own keyblade. Although I do agree the method is a bit of a cop out but then again so was Mickey's.

Uhhh, Mickey does have his own Keyblade. IKK is his, no one else's It's debatable on Star Seeker for now, but IKK has a explanation on the fact he found it, it wanted to be with him, etc. Kairi's explanation was just retarded in many aspects compared to alternate scenarios that were better.

namine_ftw

I think this interview all but confirms it, quite honestly. Why would they have included that scene, plus the scene with her using the keyblade in KH2, if she's not going to be a wielder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back