• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

BBS rating

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
IDK KH2 the North American Version had some small edits to the content. Most didn't think it was serious, but I guess Disney did.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
disney just gives them the rights, they don't have anything to do with the story.
disney made Pirates of the Carribean, with blood, saucy wenches, and rum galore, right?

yea but that kinda proves my point look at what they did with that in kh2....

Wikipedia -

Besides typical English translation and localization, the English version of Kingdom Hearts II differs from the original Japanese version in the content of gameplay and several scenes. The Hydra boss in the Hercules-themed world Olympus Coliseum had its green blood from the original Japanese version (which was taken from the film) changed into black and purple smoke in the English version. There is also a scene in Disney Castle where, after chasing Donald around for missing a date, Daisy Duck pounds him on the backside in the Japanese version while she merely tells him off inaudibly in the English version.
Xigbar's telescopic sight was changed from a crosshair and black shading around the sides to three glowing circles.[7] An attack animation was also altered; in the Japanese version, Xigbar combined his two hand-held guns to create a sniper rifle, which was used to shoot the player's party during the telescoping sight sequence. In the English version, Xigbar does not combine his guns, but twirls them around and shoots at Sora with a single gun. The death of Organization XIII member Axel was slightly edited; in the original, he burst into flames during his suicide attack, while in the English version he simply faded away after using up all of his power.
Port Royal, based on Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl, contains the most content edits. Cutscenes were edited to remove some of the violence, such as William Turner threatening to commit suicide while aiming a gun at his head, as in the film.[7] Unlike the Japanese version, the undead Pirates do not catch fire when affected by Fire magic and their muskets were modified to resemble crossbows,[32] though the crossbows still fire with an audible musket shot sound effect. Also, in the Japanese version of the game, blood remains on the medallion throughout the game, while in the edited cutscenes, the blood is only shown when Barbossa drops it into the chest. In another instance, when Jack Sparrow is stabbed by Barbossa, Barbossa's sword is seen sticking out of his chest as he stumbles backwards into the moonlight, but the sword is removed in the English version.

Xelnyn

Website
rabidfangirlofdoom.deviantart.com
I doubt they'd show Braig's eye getting ripped-out. I imagine they'd have a cut scene where someone hits him in the eye with the Keyblade, then a black-out, and then you see him on the floor with his hand over his eye.
I'm thinkin' this. I think it'll be rated T. I mean, you can't show even this and not have a generous amount of blood.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
i think it's most likely e10+. they are going to have different levels of difficulty: beginner, standard/normal, proud/expert. they were able to put xion's scene in 358/2 days without being rated teen. her background was pretty dark. re:chain of memories did had some intense scenes.

Daixen

I know its not the right place but... did someone previously said that the are recording for FM!!?
which FM??

Reverie

Bronze Member
Awards
It has got to be rated E10+ or T for the best guess.

dwroxas16

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I hope its teen. that would make it darker and cooooler.
seeems pretty dark.
but like someone said, being associated with disney, low chance of it bein teen.
and it seriously hasnt been confirmed for america?!?!
I would go freakin insane

A

Azrael

What is Birth By Sleep rated? I'm guessing it's E 10+ since the other games in the series are rated the same. But I have a feeling it's going to be rated T because of the whole idea of Braig losing an eyeball and other stuff. Sorry if this has been discussed before. Has it already been announced?

I'm going to guess it's going to remain rated E 10 +.

Ironically KHII was meant to be rated T.

Kiba

Ours is the Fury
Awards
I'm going to guess it's going to remain rated E 10 +.

Ironically KHII was meant to be rated T.

Is that cause you can look up Kairi's skirt...?

Yea what he said though. XD

SoraXVen

I just hope they don't edit the crap out of it so Disney can get that E10 rating. Having the screen go black for all the violent scenes would just be annoying. Plus I think a darker kh would be nice to have.

fantasy08

In Kh1 Sora( a 14 year old child) stabbed himself through the chest on screen. In the regular Com Axel said hell. In Re:com he burned Vexen alive on screen, and then had the Riku replica suck the life out of Zexion until his feet stopped moving again on screen. In Days Roxas kills Xion his BFF( another 14 year old child), and then you see her dying in his arms while denigrating into crystals not to mention her gender issues.

Not only did Disney let all this slide the games still only got an E10 rating. So I highly doubt BBS is getting anything above that. Unless Nomura loses his mind and throws sex in there the darker story cannot be any worst then what Disney and the ratings board already let go.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
well, in Japan, the game is rated cero A, which rouhgly is E or E10+ in America.

It being Cero A means practically nothing, in all honesty. Final Fantasy XII was Cero A, but it still ended up getting a T in the US and 16+ in Europe, and it rather deserved it. It took Crisis Core and the most brutal scene in FF history to finally get a B from them. (...then again, they gave Final Fantasy XI a B [probably because of the online factor] and Dissidia a C [which makes little sense any way you cut it])

In any case, they seem to go fairly easy on Squenix's major releases, so an ESRB T isn't out of the question.

Not that I really care either way, unless it comes out that the game was censored for ratings reasons.

Not only did Disney let all this slide the games still only got an E10 rating. So I highly doubt BBS is getting anything above that. Unless Nomura loses his mind and throws sex in there the darker story cannot be any worst then what Disney and the ratings board already let go.

Even if he did, it'd have to be pretty blatant to set the censors off, considering that they managed to keep Barbossa's "pleasurable company" line in KH2. XD

Then again, we might be looking at this all wrong, and BBS will end up getting rated T... for Braig's resemblance to a sniper. ;)

Last edited:

Kiwi +

Awards
i would like to see it get a rated T..but i don't think it will get past the E10+ rating..though maybe

XkeybladerXX

but like someone said, being associated with disney, low chance of it bein teen.

Well, Pirates of the Caribbean is the only Teen rated Disney game I could find yet. But since Disney now bought Marvel, there might be a difference since Marvel is all Teen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back