• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

BBS E3 2010 Impressions (Spoiler Free)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

miiworld2

Awards
This is miiworld2, returning back home from E3 since Sunday and I want to share so much to you. The excitement is just too overwhelming.

I'm sure you guys are aware of the Nintendo 3DS and its sweet KH3DS (from another thread that beat mine in the middle of the Nintendo conference =_=). Apparently, according to Heartstation.org and kingdomheartsunion, KH3DS was the announcement that will make impact. AND IT DID TO ME! I mean when I saw the tentative logo, I literally screamed.

Anyway, enough excitement. I want to share to you my very first impressions of Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep! Eeep! After waiting in a long line I got the chance to play the PSP exclusive.

I will first talk about the graphics, then I will talk about the gameplay, and finally will close with my gut-feeling impression.

The graphics, I am tempted to say that it was like KH2 graphics, but that would disrespect the coolness of Birth by Sleep, so I would say for its sake that it's better and more colorful. I was at first afraid that the graphic would be kinda like Dissidia graphics, with the funky sharpness and all, but it's nothing like that! It's actually a perfect Kingdom Hearts graphics.

Now onto gameplay. I was tempted to play as Ventus first, but I was like nah, let's play with someone new and fresh. So I chose Terra. Terra's demo was in Olympus Coliseum. Terra's movements was kinda slow and his swings attacks were heavy. So yeah, Terra was kinda a heavy character to play as. I was not comfortable playing with him for the first two minutes of the demo. The first battle I lost (shame on me), but I would blame myself since most of the time I was mashing the X-button and was not using any strategy. But the second time I played that stage again, I decided to calm myself and use the Triangle button. I chose a Blizzard spell and I also chose a Firaga spell which had a different name... I think it was something Firaga (I should look it up). My goal was to have Terra switch his mode to Fatal Mode (or Critical Impact as the English version calls it now) but I was not able to. I kept going to Fire Blazer mode (Fire Blazer is now called Fire Storm by the way). But it was all good because now Terra was a bit faster in that mode and his attacks were devastating.
I had so much fun playing as Terra but I didn't get the chance to play as Ven and Aqua because my time was up and I kept the people waiting. Grr...

btw, I would have played some more on the next day, but MAN, all of those hot new games coming up, like my favorite Golden Sun Dark Dawn, or Kirby, or the new Zelda Skyward Sword, or Assassin Creed or Sonic Riders Kinect or... OMG, Marvel vs Capcom 3! They were so distracting that I totally forgot to check it out again! Heck, I didn't get the chance to see Re:Coded and how it looks like. Ah, well. That's what happens when you're at E3.

Anyway so that was my gameplay impression. Now onto my gut impression. I was 100% totally impressed with the demo I got to play. I am gonna LOVE this game with passion and I am totally glad that I didn't import the Japanese version when I was tempted to do so. Can't wait for September 7th. I'm gonna love this.

Last edited:

drew32

Sounds awesome man! I figured Terra would seem a little muddy. I'm glad to hear that you can still attack apart from the deck commands and stuff, I was afraid it was gonna be like COM in that way. Glad to hear!

robertexe

Post it please! I'd love to hear about it and you can count on me reading it :)

Told you that I'd read it :)
Yeah I heard that Terra plays similar to how Lexeaus plays in 358/2 Days: heavy and slow but strong
I dont blame you for being distracted! All those games sound awesome. BEST E3 OF ALL TIME!!!

PS: Did you get to play the nintendo 3ds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back