• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

BBS ad in J-14 magazine

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
So my sister got the September 2010 issue of the J-14 today and she knew I liked KH so while looking through it she found something. Below is the cover of the magazine she found the ad in(wasn't expecting it to be in this mag xD):
Below is the full page:

Below is a closer look at all but the bottom of the page. The words below Mickey say "Destiny is never left to chance. Play as Terra, Ventus, and Aqua - three friends with a common dream who find themselves in the middle of a crisis affecting worlds far beyond their own. Their destinies will unfold across memorable Disney worlds in three intertwining stories. Secrets will be unraveled and friendships will be tested. The KINGDOM HEARTS saga starts here." :

Below is Snow White and Ven(sorry about the quality):

Below is Aurora and Prince Phillip:

Below is Terra and Cinderella:

The words under the three pics at the bottom of the page are: "Interact with and explore the worlds of Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, and other iconic Disney characters like never before as their classic tales are revisited and given fresh new twists!" Not really anything new but I thought it'd be interesting to see anyways.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Yay! More BBS coverage :D

raycat27_2003

Awards
That's really cool. I wouldn't expected to see something like that in that type of magazine. I would of assumed it would be in gaming magazines. Nice find.

Allister Rose

French Lover
it's interesting...but i don't like it as much as the others, simply because i would expected something more epic

Allister Rose

French Lover
You would expect something more epic in this magazine? I wouldn't even expect BBS to be in there at all.
well yeah...something not too epic, just mroe epic than what it shows here...it almost looks like they're censoring the possible pg13-ness of it...

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
well yeah...something not too epic, just mroe epic than what it shows here...it almost looks like they're censoring the possible pg13-ness of it...

Why...? This is a girl's magazine catering to Jonas Brother, Disney Channel, and Justin Beiber fangirls, why would they show violence and epicness in a magazine that caters to the exact opposite? That'd be like if a 4-year old's magazine had a picture of Left 4 Dead and shooting a bunch of zombies, it wouldn't fit in that magazine at all.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Why...? This is a girl's magazine catering to Jonas Brother, Disney Channel, and Justin Beiber fangirls, why would they show violence and epicness in a magazine that caters to the exact opposite? That'd be like if a 4-year old's magazine had a picture of Left 4 Dead and shooting a bunch of zombies, it wouldn't fit in that magazine at all.
i assumed J-14 meant for people who were 14, either way. i'm just saying "more" epic, not completely, just a little more....similar to that of BBS poster..

Ikkin

Bronze Member
i assumed J-14 meant for people who were 14, either way. i'm just saying "more" epic, not completely, just a little more....similar to that of BBS poster..

I think doing it this way makes a lot of sense marketing-wise, from the perspective of Disney. XD;

The biggest figures are the Princesses, who are probably one of their biggest franchises, period. Then, they have Mickey, who's their most iconic character, and top it off by the random inclusion of Tink (who just happens to be responsible for another one of their biggest franchises).

All of that adds up to an ad that's very, very clearly aimed at people who don't actually have enough familiarity with the series to care about how awesome Terra, Aqua, and Ven are (And, considering the magazine it was found in, that's probably the smartest thing for them to do).

The only part of it that doesn't make sense is the lack of a screenshot of Aqua... though, I guess they thought it was more important to show all of the Princesses than all of the heroes, and I haven't actually seen a screen of Aqua and Aurora together. XD;

Allister Rose

French Lover
true, but i was hoping a bit more design...then again it's just one page of promotion...not a two page one where they give more

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member
LOLOLOLOLOLOL.
I used to get that magazine all the time when I was eight so I could read the sections about ~embarrassing things that happen to people.

lol you're talking about a magazine that has Justin Bieber and Demi Lovato on it. J-14 may have 14 on it but it's pretty much for 10 year olds imo.

Allister Rose

French Lover
LOLOLOLOLOLOL.
I used to get that magazine all the time when I was eight so I could read the sections about ~embarrassing things that happen to people.

lol you're talking about a magazine that has Justin Bieber and Demi Lovato on it. J-14 may have 14 on it but it's pretty much for 10 year olds imo.
you laugh too much....though i gues it's understandable, i'm completely clueless to J-14. though....justin bieber was in a more older magazine too.

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member
you laugh too much....though i gues it's understandable, i'm completely clueless to J-14. though....justin bieber was in a more older magazine too.

I just use lol alot online, i'm not laughing all the time xD
I understand what you mean though. They could of put a little more effort into the design for the ad than the basic thing they have in the magazine.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I couldn't help but laughing at how female-oriented the ad is...the background goes for a lighter tone as well to get a nicer feel too it, and yes, the bottom pictures are too show that you can interact with the princesses...and dare I say it...talk to them!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! I'm so happy...I get to say hello to Snow White...I MUST BUY THIS GAME NOW!!! lol :p

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
This is the one of the last places I'd expect to even see a BBS ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back