• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► BBC Sherlock - "It's never the fall."

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiao

serious at least all of the time
Awards
Awesome TV series from the BBC, its a modern day take on consulting detective Sherlock Holmes and his flatmate and Dr. Watson, war doctor recently returned from Iraq. The first series (only one out right now) consists of 3 movie-length episodes with season two set to be released in 2012. Anyone seen it? A friend recommended it to me and I love it so far. Just finished the third episode.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Re: Sherlock

I watched this showed quite a while ago and it's pretty damn good. I love when they show us what Sherlock sees in a crime scene.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I still have yet to finish the third episode because of school and life, but I love Sherlock~ I didn't think such a short series would make me love it so much. I'm excited for season two :3

Zen

Silver Member
Awards

Episodes of the first season are on Netflix. I'll probably watch it sometime soon to see what all the fuzz is about.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards

A quick question for my fellow watchers:

Who else is somewhat disappointed with Moriarty? In the actual Doyle novel/story, he always came across as cold and distant--whereas this Moriarty takes far too much pleasure in his work. After watching him flop around like an evil goofball, I just can't take him seriously...

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards

Guy Ritchie's Moriarty was closer to the novels. I thought that this Moriarty was a fresh new spin for the character. However, it is hard to to take him seriously.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards

Westwood.

I enjoy him.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

A quick question for my fellow watchers:

Who else is somewhat disappointed with Moriarty? In the actual Doyle novel/story, he always came across as cold and distant--whereas this Moriarty takes far too much pleasure in his work. After watching him flop around like an evil goofball, I just can't take him seriously...

While I was rather taken back by Moffat's take on Moriarty, I'm rather fine with this modern interpretation. If anything, I think this silly side we are shown may just be a cover for his cold, calculating side as a way to be more shocking to viewers when we get deeper into the story. I think if Moffat is going the direction I'm hoping he is, when Moriarty starts getting serious he won't be the "Dancing Queen" ringtone goof that blows raspberries guy we were introduced to.

In other somewhat unrelated news,

tumblr_lxb11hOFh91qzmdtdo1_500.png

EDIT: In "The Hounds of Baskerville", there is a TARDIS hiding in the trees. Also, Sherlock starts talking about emotions and John calls him "Spock". Just fun facts I picked up on because I'm not done watching the episode at this moment.

Last edited:
Awards

Holy shit, that finale. Fan-fucking-tastic.

I can bet Moriarty isn't dead. If Sherlock can somehow jump off a building and produce an evidently dead body (because that sure as hell looked like him), I'm sure Moriarty has a few tricks up his sleeves. I realize that in the actual novels, this was the point where Moriarty does die, but I feel like they can do much more with his character. Though, if he is dead, it really shows how completely crazy he really was. And maaaaaan was I tearing up at the grave scene.

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards

Hands down, the best season finale for any TV show ever.

Moriarty may in fact be dead. It's hard to fake a gun shot into the mouth. However, on the case of Sherlock surviving with impossible odds, I mean, John watched him jump and hit the ground, it's pretty hard to explain that. But Sherlock knew Moriarty wanted him dead. Sherlock also picked the place, the rooftop. It's not hard to believe Sherlock was able to piece together that Moriarty wanted him to jump.

So, then Sherlock could have set something up with Molly to explain his suicide. I mean Sherlock did call upon her, yet they showed us nothing of what was going on. They could have made a rubber mold of Sherlock's face or something and obtained a dead body. However, the trick to Sherlock jumping, is a bit harder to explain when we watched him stand on the ledge, talk to John, hold his arms out, and then step off. We all know Sherlock jumped, but how did he fake the next part?

I already have an idea, but I want to see what other people can come up with. I'll just leave one hint. NL58 BWK

Awards

Hands down, the best season finale for any TV show ever.

Moriarty may in fact be dead. It's hard to fake a gun shot into the mouth. However, on the case of Sherlock surviving with impossible odds, I mean, John watched him jump and hit the ground, it's pretty hard to explain that. But Sherlock knew Moriarty wanted him dead. Sherlock also picked the place, the rooftop. It's not hard to believe Sherlock was able to piece together that Moriarty wanted him to jump.

So, then Sherlock could have set something up with Molly to explain his suicide. I mean Sherlock did call upon her, yet they showed us nothing of what was going on. They could have made a rubber mold of Sherlock's face or something and obtained a dead body. However, the trick to Sherlock jumping, is a bit harder to explain when we watched him stand on the ledge, talk to John, hold his arms out, and then step off. We all know Sherlock jumped, but how did he fake the next part?

I already have an idea, but I want to see what other people can come up with. I'll just leave one hint. NL58 BWK

Well, the thing is, John didn't see Sherlock hit the ground. If you rewatch it, Sherlock specifically tells John to stand at a certain spot, just behind a building. So he would see Sherlock jump and fall, but he missed the impact.

And then as John is running around the corner, you see some sort of garbage truck besides the body (open at the top and filled with bags). Odds are Sherlock jumped in there.

Now as for the body... you get a good glimpse at the face and it is him. At least that's Benedict Cumberbatch. Molly's obviously involved, it's just a matter of how. I'm leaning more toward her producing the cadaver for the grave, I don't think that was like, a fake Sherlock in that scene. It would be hard pulling off that stunt with two bodies involved. He definitely did not jump off the roof with a second body. And I kind of doubt the second one was waiting for him on the ground, otherwise people would be freaking out much earlier. So I think he may have jumped at the right moment, when no one was looking, went into the garbage truck, dabbed himself in some fake blood, and rolled out.

But then what about the guys that wheeled him off? Well, they came pretty damn quick, before John could even reach him. My guess is that Mycroft was involved and those were some of his men.

As for Moriarty, either way I won't mind I guess. As I said, they could do a lot more with his character, but damn that was a cool death. I wasn't seeing that coming at all, I figured Sherlock would get him to jump off like in The Final Problem.

strugglechamp

This thread is my first time hearing about this show, but I love Sherlock Holmes. Is the show available on netflix? Cuz if it is I will definately check it out.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

It is easy to guess how he survived. Sherlock jumped. There was a rubbish truck right there. Nice place to land without getting too badly hurt. John was obviously at an angle where he couldn't see Sherlock when he hit the concrete, but if he moved he would be able to. The bike rider (either from the homeless network or hired by Mycroft, likely hired. Sherlock needs people who won't leak that this is planned, so, hired.) knocked John down to keep him from seeing the part where Molly either threw a fake dead body on the sidewalk (no time to produce a body that would look perfectly like Sherlock and feel like a body so soon, so we can cross that out) or gave Sherlock a drug to slow his heartbeat and put a ton of fake (or real...like the blood of a pig) blood on the street. No sane person would witness the death of a person and just drive away. Who did Sherlock ask to help him? Who could have been driving the rubbish truck? Molly Hooper.

Perhaps some of the people swarmed around Sherlock's body were people hired by Mycroft, others were actually normal civillians. The hospital staff that took Sherlock away could have been hired by Mycroft as well.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards

Molly definitely had something to do with this as we never actually know what Sherlock wanted her to do. I am liking Ethnic's theory. Apparently a lot of the theories have missed a large pointer or something according to Moffat.

Nonetheless this season has been perhaps the best UK TV I've seen in a long time.

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards

watched the pilot and the first episode

sold

flipping sold

episode two is loading ohhhh my god i can't get enough of this man and his logics and the homoerotic stares he shoots at darling john who is btw the cutest thing

after watching the pilot i wasn't expecting that much amazing new things tbh
like the floating text when looking for clues or using the phones

i might have liked the pilot's way of handling the episode climax more but no matter, i really really love this
really <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back