• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► BBC Sherlock - "It's never the fall."

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
I haven't watched Season 3 in a while so I forgot how it ended with respect to John and Mary but I did finally manage to see The Abominable Bride which was shown before the Season 4 premiere here in the US.

Spoilers for both the Abominable Bride and Season 4: I had a mixed reaction to both. I was really looking forward to a neat time piece with an interesting mystery (which is what the marketing teased it as) in the Abominable Bridge but instead what we ended up with was a mind trip which negated any tension since we knew it was all in Sherlock's head.

The show's fixation on Moriarty is a problem in my opinion. I mean, they clearly know he is an awesome antagonist for Holmes (as he rightfully should be) and they got a great actor to play him but what really made Seasons 1 and 2 awesome were the mysteries Sherlock was solving. This rivalry with Moriarty feels like a distraction and I'm 99% sure he isn't actually dead. For this reason my favorite part of "The Six Thatchers" was the first half an hour when Sherlock was back at it, solving mysteries that seemingly weren't tied to Moriarty.

I'm still looking forward the rest of Season 4 but I feel like it's lost the magic it had in Seasons 1 & 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back