• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Battlefield Heroes

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Getting right to the point before I explain shit

Battlefield Heroes - Free to Play, Cartoon Shooter

So anyway, this is DICE/EA's attempt at stealing a piece of TF2's Cartoon Shooter market with a free-to-play faction-based war game in their successful "Battlefield" series, only with a casual twist.

Right now it's in Beta, so you need to be invited to play (which is what the above is for), but I got an invite and it's actually quite a lot of fun, so I'm looking for more people to play it with.

You are allotted 4 character slots, and there are 3 classes with varying weapons/abilities along with 2 competing factions. So, there's room for you to have 1 character of each class, and characters on both factions. You choose between the "Royals" (Allies) and the "Nationals" (Axis), and each has the same 3 character classes: Commandos, Soldiers, and Gunners. Gameplay has you capping points and killing the enemy faction for points and EXP, with a Skill system based on level-ups. You get 1 ability point every 2 level, which you can spend on any of the 5 abilities in your class' arsenal, with each becoming more powerful as you put points into them (Up to rank 5/5).

Commandos are the Spies, they walk faster than all the other classes and their default ability is to turn invsible, however the other classes can see you if you're in front of them within a certain distance. Default is like 15 distance units in front of them, which sucks, but if you level up your "Stealth" ability it goes down to 5 units in front of them at which point you're basically already stabbing them to death. Their weapons are the knife for stabbing, and the sniper rifle for long-range sniping. Other abilities include: Speed Potion (makes you run faster for a little bit), Piercing Shot (adds damage to every sniper bullet and makes it so you can damage vehicles), Troop Trap (lay down a proximity mine that can stick to walls and explodes for damage if an enemy gets near it), and Mark Target (removes other Commandos from Stealth, marks players with a huge flashing red arrow so that your teammates know their location even if they're behind walls)

The next class is the Soldier, which are the sort of "Support" class, but they're really powerful so they're not much "Support" so much as "Kill everything ever forever". Their weapons are the Sub-Machine-Gun which fires really fast bullets that don't do a lot of damage from far away, but a lot really close up, and the Shotgun, which again is only really useful from close range but shoots a large spread area. Their default ability is "Combat Medicine" which heals you and any teammates around you for a certain % of their health (This is where the whole "support" thing comes in). At default it's really weak and only heals 15% of your health, even at best it only does 40% of your health, however if you heal other teammates around you with it YOU get bonus health healed. Their other abilities include: 6th Sense (Lets you and your teammates see all enemies hiding behind walls/buildings like the Mark Target ability), Burning Bullets (if you hit an enemy with your SMG, they get set on fire and burn for damage), Grenade Spam (throws a cluster of weak grenades that explode for small damage, but together they do a lot), and Blasting Strike (Shoots out a sonic wave that knocks back all enemies and vehicles)

Finally there's the Gunner, which are the slow-powerhouse-tank guys. They have the most health and are the hardest to take down, but they're way slow. Their weapons are the Chaingun which is a huge spinning gun that fires like a huge SMG (only this can hit from both far away and wrecks in close-range) and the Rocket Launcher which shoots a very slow but explosive rocket that can hurt a group of people and send them flying (also takes out enemy vehicles and tanks). Their default ability is "Hero Shield" which puts up a shield that absorbs a certain amount of damage instead of hurting your health (which makes them even harder to kill). Their other abilities are: Eat Grenades (any explosions that you walk into after activating this will heal you for all of the damage), Explosive Keg (throw a huge barrel explosive far away, that when you shot explodes for damage and sets nearby enemies on fire), Leg It (makes you and anyone near you run faster, like the Commando Speed potion), and Frenzy Fire (boosts the accuracy and firing speed of your Chaingun so that you can wreck people easier)

Hokage

Banned
Awards
Installing the beta now. Been looking forward ot this so the more people the better. I chose the Commando since I like stabbing people in the back lol.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
I was trying to do this at school/my thumb drive for about a week, since the school's internet is so fucked up, it made things harder. Would never download the damn thing.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
You can't download the game to a thumb drive and then put it on another computer, it boots from the internet and stores character information/map data on your computer.

RTP49

i’m gay
Awards
what kind of stupid heathen plays video games on school computers

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
You can't download the game to a thumb drive and then put it on another computer, it boots from the internet and stores character information/map data on your computer.

I could store it on my thumbdrive, then install it/uninstall it onto the computers when class was over from it. Ehh, doesn't matter, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back