• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Battle System

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Because magic reloads itself. In KH1, if you didn't have Ethers and your MP was at zero, you're screwed. Plus in KH2, since people want to spam cure, they don't want to overpower you that much (even though they still managed to overpower you in the game) so they make it so that it depletes all HP. And it really isn't annoying at all to me. If anything, it adds a strategy to the game where you need to be careful when you use Cure. Personally I think it works better this way and I don't find it annoying at all because, again, it reloads itself.

Strategy in KH2. That's funny. As long as the MP in KH2 takes to reload the battle should be over by the time it's done.

MP Recovery - Kingdom Hearts Wiki - A world of information not accessible by Gummiship

Read that. Stuff like MP Recovery and MP Rage, which gives you MP when you take damage, the higher the damage, the more MP you recieve. Also, in Kingdom Hearts, MP Haste increases the rate at which MP is recovered when you attack enemies. That is what makes it better than KH2's system. So either way you get your MP back. ALSO, back when goofy was useful, he had something called MP Gift. These are obviously superior to KH2's system in everyway. But you wouldn't know anything about any gameplay aspect in KH1 since apparently:

It was just spam dodge roll and attack for me, that's not a strategy or anything.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Not really. The same "strategy" I used in KH1 was the same "strategy" I used in KH2. The only difference was that KH2 was more flashy. And did you know that reaction commands, for the most part, were optional?
true, but that was the key thing in defeating them (that and they're always tempting to use....). well for me, i had to think more for kh1 than kh2. in kh2 the boss was right there, in kh1 they moved around alot and had really good abbilities. like the heartless boss in clock tower or kurt zisa, or even Melificent.

well it wasn't complete strategy but at least it was more maneuvering than kh2. though the only interesting battle i liked in kh2 was the luxord battle. they should make more unique battles like that

EDIT:the light, i completely agree.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Strategy in KH2. That's funny. As long as the MP in KH2 takes to reload the battle should be over by the time it's done.

MP Recovery - Kingdom Hearts Wiki - A world of information not accessible by Gummiship

Read that. Stuff like MP Recovery and MP Rage, which gives you MP when you take damage, the higher the damage, the more MP you recieve. Also, in Kingdom Hearts, MP Haste increases the rate at which MP is recovered when you attack enemies. That is what makes it better than KH2's system. So either way you get your MP back. ALSO, back when goofy was useful, he had something called MP Gift. These are obviously superior to KH2's system in everyway. But you wouldn't know anything about any gameplay aspect in KH1 since apparently:

MP recovery didn't do much for me. Sure, if you attacked it was *kind of* helpful but if you're low on HP, have no MP and have run out of items then you have a 90% of getting hit and dying and a 10% of striking the opponent to get your MP up a bit by 1/10 of a bar. Not very helpful at all.

And I used MP Haste and noticed no difference at all whatsoever. It did NOTHING. It was absolutely useless.

lol Goofy wasn't useful nor' was Donald. The only time they were useful was for healing. That's it.

And no, they're not superior to KH2 at all because like I said before, they rarely do anything and for the most part are really hard to even notice them.

Seriously though, I like KH1... but it is REALLY over-rated. I honestly think KH2 improved a lot from KH1.

-The camera
-The treasure chests
-The MP system (I'm sorry but it is WAY better handled in KH2)
-Party members (You can set their strategies to be "Attack the enemy Sora attacks" "Attack enemy outside of Sora's enemy" "Heal party members often", etc. This wasn't anywhere near KH1. In KH2, you can make it so party members for the most part do what you want them to do.)
-Jiminy's Journal
-Cutscene skipping (Seriously it gets annoying hearing "It is I, Ansem. The seeker of darkness!") for 2 million times in a row.

Allister Rose

French Lover
MP recovery didn't do much for me. Sure, if you attacked it was *kind of* helpful but if you're low on HP, have no MP and have run out of items then you have a 90% of getting hit and dying and a 10% of striking the opponent to get your MP up a bit by 1/10 of a bar. Not very helpful at all.

And I used MP Haste and noticed no difference at all whatsoever. It did NOTHING. It was absolutely useless.

lol Goofy wasn't useful nor' was Donald. The only time they were useful was for healing. That's it.

And no, they're not superior to KH2 at all because like I said before, they rarely do anything and for the most part are really hard to even notice them.

Seriously though, I like KH1... but it is REALLY over-rated.
actually, all that explanation looked like a bonus for me. makes the game challenging. though MP gift definitely replenished. that and theres that one ability if you get hit, you could get you're Mp up. so whenever i got hit and was low i had some MP to perform cure.

the one thing i did like in kh2 was the new abilities you can do with Donald and goofy, but other than that Donald and goofy were still pretty useful. and i doubt that's a key point in why kh2 is better. Once you get them near level 70 they are more noticeable (especially in the coliseum since they always steal my last kill)
kh1 isn't over rated. kh2 is almost getting over rated.

Silverslide

Unbelievable. So your response to that is "Oh wow those didn't even help me that much!" You want KH2 to be better so much but it just isn't.

-The camera
-The treasure chests
-The MP system (I'm sorry but it is WAY better handled in KH2)
-Party members (You can set their strategies to be "Attack the enemy Sora attacks" "Attack enemy outside of Sora's enemy" "Heal party members often", etc. This wasn't anywhere near KH1. In KH2, you can make it so party members for the most part do what you want them to do.)
-Jiminy's Journal
-Cutscene skipping (Seriously it gets annoying hearing "It is I, Ansem. The seeker of darkness!") for 2 million times in a row.

Are you kidding me? KH1 had the same thing except it was more detailed. Did you even bother looking? My god. And all the other stuff you posted was just BS. Cutscene skipping? Treasure chests? Journals? Sure they were improved but they hardly make KH2 a better game.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Unbelievable. So your response to that is "Oh wow those didn't even help me that much!" You want KH2 to be better so much but it just isn't.
(facepalm) When did I EVER state that KH2 was a better game? I NEVER stated that. I am simply saying that KH1 is over-rated. Am I calling it bad? No! Did I ever say KH2 was better? No I did not!

Are you kidding me? KH1 had the same thing except it was more detailed. Did you even bother looking? My god. And all the other stuff you posted was just BS. Cutscene skipping? Treasure chests? Journals? Sure they were improved but they hardly make KH2 a better game.

No KH1 did NOT have that system of party members. Trust me, I would've used it if it was anywhere near that game. But it wasn't. The only things similar to that are Goofy's "Cheer" ability and other small abilities which did absolute bullcrap.

Seriously guys, KH1 is a good game... but it's not perfect like you all claim it to be. Gosh...

Silverslide

(facepalm) When did I EVER state that KH2 was a better game? I NEVER stated that. I am simply saying that KH1 is over-rated. Am I calling it bad? No! Did I ever say KH2 was better? No I did not!

No KH1 did NOT have that system of party members. Trust me, I would've used it if it was anywhere near that game. But it wasn't. The only things similar to that are Goofy's "Cheer" ability and other small abilities which did absolute bullcrap.

Seriously guys, KH1 is a good game... but it's not perfect like you all claim it to be. Gosh...

Holy crap. Try actually playing the game next time.

Skip to 1:10

[video=youtube;aSfedqMouoI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSfedqMouoI[/video]

Swordsaint

Guys, you completely missed the part where he said that KH1 HAD customisation, but it simply wasn't as good. You don't really need to change it on either game though.

KH1 is probably the better game. (I like two more though) However KH1 definitely get's overrated in comparison. KH1 wasn't hard at all...the only boss that's remotely hard is Sephiroth. Spam dodges work and if you disagree then you're stupid.

MP GIFT IS BROKEN. IT IS NOT A BETTER SYSTEM. I COULD LITERALLY SPAM STRIKE RAID ALMOST A WHOLE BATTLE TO STAY INVINCIBLE DURING STUPID ATTACKS AND NEVER EVER EVER RUN OUT OF MP!!!

Cure used so little Magic that, by the time you NEEDED it again, you had more than when you actually USED cure the first time....how, oh god how is that BALANCED AT ALL!?

Silverslide

Vice versa for me. KH2 was the worst game I played the year I played it yet you all blindly love it and worship it for some reason. KH2 IS overrated.

Allister Rose

French Lover
MP GIFT IS BROKEN. IT IS NOT A BETTER SYSTEM. I COULD LITERALLY SPAM STRIKE RAID ALMOST A WHOLE BATTLE TO STAY INVINCIBLE DURING STUPID ATTACKS AND NEVER EVER EVER RUN OUT OF MP!!!

Cure used so little Magic that, by the time you NEEDED it again, you had more than when you actually USED cure the first time....how, oh god how is that BALANCED AT ALL!?

mp gift is apparently broken yet you say you have enough to make all the strike raids all you want? i don't use a lot of strike raids unless i have enough time. cure did use very little magic, but it's not like you can go back to cure once you upgrade to cura or curaga.

as for the kh1 bosses compared to kh2......i can safely say kh1 had more harder bosses than kh2. though kh2 did have more flash and fixed some of the things kh1 didn't have (more minigames, better gummiship mini games and reaction command for talk instead of going down the list) heartless i believe were the same level but in kh1 they were smarter and reaction commands made it that much easier (i know they're optional, but knowing you can beat them faster annoys me. it's better to take your time even if you wanted it easy)

Horizon's Knight

Currently [REDACTED]
that's really not what he meant at all - he was saying to use the abilities from com and bbs and give them an MP count higher than normal abilities IF they were to bring back the classic mp style

Thank you Swordsaint for explaining what I meant. *bows in respect*

that said, i actually way prefer KH2's MP system. so far i like it's overall battle system more too.(the flashyness, but fm+ made some things hard to, so flashyness + difficulty is the ideal combo) but bbs looks set to change that, as it's battle system looks quite amazing.

Some people thought that the Magic reload made Ethers useless to have in the game, but that's your opinion and I respect your opinion.

so for me i might say something like, BBS's command decks + KH2 MP, how you would work this I dunno. Maybe instead of each ability having it's own 'recharge' it just draws from the MP bar, apart from that the command deck should still function the same..(switching between abilities, and equipping them, get rid of all these autoabilities that kh1/2 had.). for difficulty, I'd say critical modes are probably ideal.

I agree about having both the reloading commands and the MP Gauge going hand in hand to some extent, but not quite like that. Perhaps instead of consuming MP to charge up the commands, make it so you can equip numerous commands on a Days-type board, and if you add more panels of the same ability, the more you can use that ability until it has to recharge. However, each individual use of the ability would still cost MP.

I love the reaction command too, idc what you say about that. flashy cinematics are da bess. but they were definitely OP. so dumb them down in power a bit to balance them and you'll have a good combination of flash and difficulty.

I agree in that department. Perhaps you can equip different reaction commands to use in different situations instead of enemy specific ones, and you would have to choose the command carefuly before going into specific boss battles. Also, they need to dumb down the power of those things like you said.

D-links make much more sense now than summons too. and they seem cooler. so D-links > summons. in that department.

I couldn't have said that better myself, even though I haven't played the game yet.

As for the mess that has continued on this thread, if skyfoxx likes the MP system in KH2 better, than that's his opinion. We should all respect that.

The End.

Swordsaint

hey horizon, you seem like a pretty cool dude. a lot of people on this site have so much hate. lol

as for the ethers thing, you're probably right about that, but at the same time, I don't like being shafted in to having to use items. you still had to go on the defensive for a bit if you ran out of mp and avoid attacks, especially if you actually needed to cure.

Allister Rose

French Lover
hey horizon, you seem like a pretty cool dude. a lot of people on this site have so much hate. lol

as for the ethers thing, you're probably right about that, but at the same time, I don't like being shafted in to having to use items. you still had to go on the defensive for a bit if you ran out of mp and avoid attacks, especially if you actually needed to cure.
you're one of them.

there are other ways of getting MP, like abilities that make you get MP when hit, or when you defeat a certain heartless you can get the bubbles for MP. MP gift helps me out a lot, idk why it doesn't for you. there's Donald that heals you.

i don't see the problem...i prefer limited MP then reload because it makes it more challenging. and it makes us actually rely on items such as ethers. ethers were really pointless in kh2.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
I'd rather they just come up with a new system, which is, most likely, what they will be doing.

Allister Rose

French Lover
i don't think so......i prefer limited MP just to make it more challenging. though what i really want is longer gauge so it would be more difficult to summon and use drive forms

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
i don't think so......i prefer limited MP just to make it more challenging. though what i really want is longer gauge so it would be more difficult to summon and use drive forms
a cooldown period serves the purpose. out side of cure i really don't see a need for a limit on magic. since we barley need to use it anyway.

Swordsaint

you're one of them.

there are other ways of getting MP, like abilities that make you get MP when hit, or when you defeat a certain heartless you can get the bubbles for MP. MP gift helps me out a lot, idk why it doesn't for you. there's Donald that heals you.

i don't see the problem...i prefer limited MP then reload because it makes it more challenging. and it makes us actually rely on items such as ethers. ethers were really pointless in kh2.

i dont think you even know what game im talking about or even reading what im saying

1) I was talking about 2's mp system running though
2) mp gift is useful, it's broken. broken means good. In other words, overpowered.

I really didn't need magic in 1 at all. except for cure. and mp was so easy to build up in 1, especially with goofy's mp gift it was rather joke worthy. I didn't need items at all in one either. 1 is easy too. ftr.

Silverslide

KH1 wasn't that easy. I don't really see how MP Gift is broken. Goofy has very low MP so he can't use it constantly. That balances it out. And of course you don't "need" magic it's there for optional use. You don't "need" magic in KH2 either but you'll see everyone that plays spam reflega and people that play KH1 use Aeroga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back