• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Battle Royale

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raiton Kensei

Peace through Violence
Awards
I didn't see a thread about this manga so I'm making one.

battle_royale.jpg

It's a really good manga and it was made into a movie in Japan a while back. Here's what it's basically about.

"The Program" is game where the producers kidnap a class of middle school students, where they are picked to compete in fights to the death on an island until there is only one left. Only one person gets to leave the island and that's the last personleft after everyone else is dead. And each student wears collars that will explode if they get so far away from a certain point or if they refuse to kill. It should be noted that people know about this program because parents and children fear that one day their school will be chosen.

It' is written by Kōshun Takami and Masayuki Taguchi. TokyoPop publishes it in the states. It's a really good manga and I've read through the first one already. I'm starting on the sequel to it now.It is also far more sexually graphic than most manga and is also noted for its intense, gory violence. So the stores wont let you buy it unless your 18 or older.

So if you've read it or heard of it post what you think about it. If you havent then you should read it.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
So far I've only seen the live action film.

I've been thinking about buying the manga volumes but think I'll try and find decent scans online of it first.

Sacred X

Freshmeat
Originally, Battle Royale used to be my favorite movie, not knowing it was based off of a manga. When I heard there was a manga, I disregarded it for a few years. But about a year ago, I read it all, and oh. My. Gosh. The movie can't even compare to it. I highly suggest those who've seen and enjoyed the movie to read the manga.

Ironically, the moment after I finished reading it, I instantly deleted every chapter and I will probably never read it again. Some moments were just too hard for me, especially one that made me stop reading for like a month. Not because it was bad, but gosh it's just... readers of the manga would understand.

Probably my favorite manga yet.

The Big Lovin'

Everyone's Favorite Uncle Ji-Chan
Apparently, the novel > both.

Mango was cool shit, though. The movie was awwwwrite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back