• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Original ► Battle Revival.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazen Gregory

doWnloAd ProgoNOSKES 99% cOMplETeD
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Is anybody interested in some sort of battle competition or series of battle threads with specific challenges/limits/rules etc??

It has been awhile since anything like this has been done, so if you have any ideas please get involved.

Hazen Gregory

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
How about we all post an idea or set up for a battle challenge(specifics up to us) and then expand on said ideas??

I'm definitely thinking about characters on a specific tier being posted and then being randomly picked out and used in a challenge.

Grandsword

Website
grandsword.deviantart.com
hmm..well, what about a professional wrestling set up? or perhaps a gundam/ super robot anime type thing? those are somewhat popular. then again, a monsters vs robots like pacific rim might do to get people in, given the popularity of that film.

Hazen Gregory

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I'm fine with such a theme. Nobody else has really given much thought to it, so if you're game we could always combine both of our ideas.

A challenge thread where you can either make a monster type being, or robot/mecha(or an OC with such abilities that apply)

A specific thread used as a character bin would work perfectly for this. I'm not sure about how others will feel about not using a character they made but it adds to the fun.

As this progresses the separate battles could be linked and then move on to another event. Hmm, this is bound to get complicated. I need to make myself a drink xD

Chromatic

Become
Awards
I've personally been wanting to delve more into a squad/army based combat setup; basically, each RPer controls a small group of maybe five characters, each with their own individual specializations (IE - sniper, explosives expert, etc).

Kazem

The multiple characters idea sounds nummy for sure.

The very first idea that popped into my head was actually more of a 4th-wall filter sort of challenge. Specifically, trying not to use a certain type of word or certain letters during the entire battle, maybe changing the restrictions up every so posts. Of course, that doesn't give any sort of setting or power level indication.

So time for something able to be worked with.

Another idea would be a sort-of King of the Hill tournament. Each participant would post an intro before a random character would be chosen to experience a temporary increase of power, maybe even a whole tier's-worth depending on the starting power level agreed to. This power would make them a target for the others, and after a death/loss/forfeit of any character a new 'King' would be chosen, repeating this process until only two participants remain. At that point, both get a major upgrade and fight it out for 1st and 2nd.

A very interesting prospect might be having a theme being thought of by each participant, that theme being given to a (preferably unknown) partner. The themes could be an emotion, an idea, an inanimate object or something of the sort, the goal being to force creativity in order for the partner to work with the theme. Something like anger or lasers would be a no. Something like abandonment or a box would be a yes. Being forced to create a battle-ready character off the theme provides a potential challenge in itself, and the combination of these themes as a team makes for an interesting match.

Again using the pitch-in of ideas thought, each participant would provide an nonlethal situation that would be added to a list, which would be used to randomly choose a setting for a round of battling. Having to post about being in free-fall one moment and dealing with increased/decreased gravity the next seems fun to me.

Having any single or combination of the ideas slapped onto the squad, robot or squad of robots battle would add in some variety and a very nice workout for our creative muscles. Being forced to pick only one idea, I'd personally choose the create from a given theme one.

I'm the kind of guy that would love being handed a paperclip and string for making a weapon of untold horror, if you couldn't tell :p

Last edited:

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
I must say, I'm liking the idea of creating characters based on random things. Reminds me of the COTW that was going on, but stopped before I could really get into it. As for the King of the Hill thing, you reminded me of the Juggernaut matches in Halo. Those were always fun for me.

But let's see what ideas I can come up with...

Branching out from the themes idea a bit, how about timing/placing battles to music? Say that someone chooses a specific song and the combatants have to make their posts fit a small part of the song as best as they can. Naturally someone would try to win, so they would have to work their words and actions in a way to puts them in a spot that gives them an advantage while still keeping with the song used.

Just an idea that I thought of.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Lets go to hunter x hunter then.

The rules are simple, you can't kill your opponent, and if you incapacitate them you still don't win. The only way for you to succeed is to force them to give up. You can break all the limbs you like, as long as they don't die. These kind of battles will be continuum BECAUSE should one suffer from the intense mental pain and physical trauma it elevates the character's aptitude when put in that dire situation and carries it into the next battle should they loose.

As far as making a showcase goes, that should be the major rule in each fight, because manipulating people's insecurity about dying and transforming it into who can break more bones, and not kill the other person is what would make it grueling, scary, and meaningful than simply being reduced to ash in an instant or some other horrific, unprecedented, and/or unrealistic death.

Kazem

You know, I've been addicted to Hunter x Hunter for while now, and feel ashamed for not remembering that brilliant system of fighting. I'd be completely up for that idea, if not 110%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back