• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Battle Chasers: Nightwar

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
[video=youtube;khtSM7XRga8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khtSM7XRga8[/video]​

Please tell me we have some fans of the old school Battle Chasers comic in here.

Not only is the series being revived, but it's bleeding into other forms of multimedia! Airship Syndicate, comprised of artist Joe Madureira (original creator) and a creative team, with which some he worked alongside making the Darksiders series, are bringing this story to life as a videogame.

The Kickstarter launched last week and has already been funded, though some stretch goals have yet to be met.*

Some details about the game:

• Battle Chasers: Nightwar is an RPG featuring deep dungeon diving, turn-based combat presented in a classic JRPG format, with tons of secrets and randomly-generated levels which make for great replay value.
  • It is a 'love letter' to the creators favorite genres of gaming: the JRPG, inspired by legends like Final Fantasy, Suikoden, Chrono Trigger, and Phantasy Star. While many greats continue to come from Japan, very few western developers are creating them.
  • Planned for PC and Mac (both on Steam and DRM-free on GoG), Xbox One and PS4

*In partnership with Nordic Games, only Kickstarter backers will receive a unique weapon skin for Garrison featuring the CHAOSEATER from Darksiders!

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I'm not sure what to make of the randomly generated floors. I've never really done that sans by brief dabble with Diablo III, which was fun, but I like exploring and everything doesn't need to be laid out for me every game. So, I'm willing to try something different.

Joe has three issues of the comic planned: 10, 11, & 12 (to be available online and in-store). I pledged the $90 amount which comes with the whole current comic lineup in digital format as well as the upcoming ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back