• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dark Road ► Baldr's sister & potential connections to Verum Rex?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

zander1995

Awards
Nomura's confirmed that the Nameless Star is a character who has previously appeared in the series, according to the Ultimania.

From the Ultimania
Interviewer: Many people who have finished KH3 are interested in the "girl" that Lea and Isa were looking for, and the existence of the "NAMELESS STAR" in the Final World. Can you give us any kind of hint about the truth behind these girls? Are they characters who have already appeared in the series?"

Tetsuya Nomura: "I think this is also possible to figure out for yourself if you look at all the secret reports, but yes, they are characters who have already appeared in the series. You will find out who "NAMELESS STAR" [is] if there is a next time."

Unless Baldr's sister is already a character we know from prior to Kingdom Hearts 3, she probably isn't the Nameless Star. It'd also make more sense for the Nameless Star to be a character from the Union Cross universe.

The way he answers the question makes it sound like the Nameless Star is related to the Secret Reports in some way, although not the girl Lea and Isa are looking for, since Kairi is pretty much confirmed to be her with the footage from the MoM trailer.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Nomura's confirmed that the Nameless Star is a character who has previously appeared in the series, according to the Ultimania.

Unless Baldr's sister is already a character we know from prior to Kingdom Hearts 3, she probably isn't the Nameless Star. It'd also make more sense for the Nameless Star to be a character from the Union Cross universe.

Except we now know that Nomura's answer meant "already appeared at the time of the interview," which includes KH3. Re Mind basically confirms that the Nameless Star is someone who is familiar with Yozora, and as of right now, that can't be anyone from UX.

The way he answers the question makes it sound like the Nameless Star is related to the Secret Reports in some way, although not the girl Lea and Isa are looking for, since Kairi is pretty much confirmed to be her with the footage from the MoM trailer.

Subject X was 15 years old girl when Kairi would have only been 5. Her memories of 4 friends, a key, and the phrase "May your heart be your guiding key" are all things Kairi doesn't have.

zander1995

Awards
Except we now know that Nomura's answer meant "already appeared at the time of the interview," which includes KH3. Re Mind basically confirms that the Nameless Star is someone who is familiar with Yozora, and as of right now, that can't be anyone from UX.

Subject X was 15 years old girl when Kairi would have only been 5. Her memories of 4 friends, a key, and the phrase "May your heart be your guiding key" are all things Kairi doesn't have.

I don't really think Alt-Stella would be considered a character who's actually appeared in the series, since she's more of a future cameo and not actually featured as a character. The interview also seems to imply the Nameless Star's identity is related to the secret reports of the series.

Yozora also basically confirms that his true self (appearance and name) aren't the version of him that Sora sees, so he could be anyone. Whether he's someone we've already met, or someone we will meet is yet to be revealed, but it doesn't make it impossible that one of the Union Cross characters does know or will know him.

And did they confirm Subject X's age? I always thought it was left ambiguous. If they did, then ignore that.

D

Deleted member 252753

And did they confirm Subject X's age? I always thought it was left ambiguous. If they did, then ignore that.
Yes, Apprentice Xehanort's Secret Reports describe Subject X as approximately 15 years old

Last edited by a moderator:

LoneFox

Awards
I think I have posted this before, but people are still confused about it... so, let's put the Sherlock Holmes hat on!

First, we assume that Nomura's interview answer is true. They tend to not always be, but I don't see any reason why he would lie about this. Then, we can go through all female characters in the series, and find out that there are three whose current status in unknown: Ava, Skuld, and Strelitzia. Technically there is also Kairi's grandma, but she is old and the star is young, so it's not her.

Then we have two additional clues:
  • "They took away my name - everything about me."
  • "Only because it (her heart) pines for another."
Strelitzia matches the second clue, but not the first. A lot of effort was put into finding this connection before ReMind, because back then the star was assumed to be her, but nothing was found. So, I think it doesn't exist. Also, there is some evidence that her heart is elsewhere. For Ava, we can make the first clue fit her by saying that it refers to someone impersonating as her in UX. But this is a stretch, and in any case the second clue does not fit her at all. Skuld on the other hand matches both clues very well. The first one refers to her experience as subject X, and the second to Ephemer.

So, the conclusion is: the star is Skuld, Yozora is (partially) Ephemer, and whatever happened to him is somehow different from the other union leaders. She seems to have lost him (again) already before she came out of the box.

D

Deleted member 252753

Thinking about Nomura's interviews, one thing I would add is that Nomura didn't expect to be able to tell Xehanort's origin story, according to his KH3 Ultimania interview.
Nomura: At first, I did want to use a next game to dig down into how Xehanort went from that simple boy playing the chess-like game to an admirer of the darkness. But, if I do that, then the Dark Seeker Chronicle wouldn't have ended with KH3 after all (laughs.) Some ideas had solidified to a degree, but it's shelved for now.

And his message for the launch of Dark Road says that he wanted to tell the story for a while but it never fitted in with what 'the team' wanted. This makes it sound like the story isn't essential in connecting to the rest of the series.

Of course Nomura loves connecting things but I think it's fair to assume he had ideas about the Nameless Star and Yozora before he even thought Dark Road could be made. I wouldn't say it disproves this theory but I guess if anything, it makes it less likely, but Spock and others know a lot more about how Nomura works.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Thinking about Nomura's interviews, one thing I would add is that Nomura didn't expect to be able to tell Xehanort's origin story, according to his KH3 Ultimania interview.

And his message for the launch of Dark Road says that he wanted to tell the story for a while but it never fitted in with what 'the team' wanted. This makes it sound like the story isn't essential in connecting to the rest of the series.

Of course Nomura loves connecting things but I think it's fair to assume he had ideas about the Nameless Star and Yozora before he even thought Dark Road could be made. I wouldn't say it disproves this theory but I guess if anything, it makes it less likely, but Spock and others know a lot more about how Nomura works.

It's also important to note that it was the UX team that came to him about the idea of a new game, going off Nomura's latest Director Message (I think that's where he said it). If we compare that with the last Union X Director message that we ended up getting last year I believe, we can sorta guess when Dark Road started production.

Sora said "that girl" mentioned Yozora's name, and the only one that fits the bill is the Nameless Star. The only reason why Nomura said she's "a character that's appeared in the series before" is to continue the mystery of who that could've been at the time. Most people thought it was Strelitzia and that the person she was referring to was Lauriam who became Marluxia.

But think about it, there's a reason why we ended up getting a "mini-trailer" of Verum Rex right in the beginning of Toy Box -- she's made an appearance in the series prior to when Sora eventually woke up in the Final World. Appearance doesn't necessarily have to mean a character that interacts with the cast, we were introduced to Yozora and three other characters in that very commercial, and look how important Yozora is. And this is before ReMind, when at the end of Vanilla KH3, the guy is brooding over the edge of a building.

When it comes to Nomura, he's not always as straightforward as you think he'd be in interviews. But of course, that's naturally because there's still many mysteries to eventually tell and there's only so much he can say without giving too much away.

zander1995

Awards
[snip
So, the conclusion is: the star is Skuld, Yozora is (partially) Ephemer, and whatever happened to him is somehow different from the other union leaders. She seems to have lost him (again) already before she came out of the box.
That's actually a pretty good theory. I'm still not convinced that Subject X and the Nameless Star are the same person, but I could definitely see Yozora being Ephemer (or Brain, though that's less likely.)

If X and the Unknown Star are the same person, that would explain pretty much everything, but if they aren't I do have to wonder who one or the other is. I doubt Ava could be Subject X because the Foretellers are adults, and her being the Nameless Star doesn't really work unless Yozora is one of the other Foretellers.

Strelitzia could possibly be Subject X, though unlikely, if her heart was retrieved and a new body grew to hold it, but she definitely can't be the Nameless Star anymore.

Edit: Correction on that last one. I'm thinking if Strelitzia is possibly the Nameless Star, then Yozora could be Player. As unlikely as it sounds, I wouldn't put it past Nomura to bring the UX player character into the main series in some form, and explain it away as a new identity.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
When Sora speaks with her in the Final World the conversation goes like this:

Sora: So, uh… who did this to you? Heartless steal hearts, so… a Nobody?

Nameless Star: A… somebody.

For me that's pretty clear.
It's possible that someone killed her. Perhaps that someone was the person that unleashed the Emblem Heartless in the past. Or maybe it was Baldr/Yozora that killed her, seeing as how, apparently, in Versus XIII, Noctis killed Stella.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Has that been confirmed? I've looked and can't find anything about that.

Nomura speaks of them as different individuals:

--Many people who have finished KH3 are interested in the "girl" that Lea and Isa were looking for, and the existence of the "NAMELESS STAR" in the Final World. Can you give us any kind of hint about the truth behind these girls? Are they characters who have already appeared in the series?

Nomura: I think this is also possible to figure out for yourself if you look at all the secret reports, but yes, they are characters who have already appeared in the series. You will find out who "NAMELESS STAR" if there is a next time.

D

Deleted member 252753

I don't disagree with you but I do find that quote a little confusing. To me, Nomura seems to say that clues about both Subject X and the Star's identities can be found in the Secret Reports.

Obviously there are clues about Subject X but I don't think there are clues to another mystery girl, or anything about Yozora. So, should we take it Nomura's statement only refers to Subject X or is there something else in the Secret Reports that could link to the Nameless Star? (Sorry for the confusing question)

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I don't disagree with you but I do find that quote a little confusing. To me, Nomura seems to say that clues about both Subject X and the Star's identities can be found in the Secret Reports.

Obviously there are clues about Subject X but I don't think there are clues to another mystery girl, or anything about Yozora. So, should we take it Nomura's statement only refers to Subject X or is there something else in the Secret Reports that could link to the Nameless Star? (Sorry for the confusing question)
Honestly, I don't really know either lol

Even now, the revelation that the Nameless Star is related to the whole Verum Rex thing doesn't sit right with me. Still much prefer if she were Strelitzia lol

zander1995

Awards

[snip]

I'm still not convinced they're the same person, but Japanese is a very contextual and imprecise language that doesn't always specify plurals, so referring to them as separate characters could entirely be a result of the translation, with the original statement being vague in that regard.

The fact that they're referenced together implies some sort of connection, and he references the Secret Reports having clues to their identities, which only really speak about Subject X, so it's entirely possible that they're the same person.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Something else that has me thinking. Nameless star said that a somebody sent her to the Final World. Yet we saw in the Verum Rex trailer that she was being held captive by a Gigas(possibly the leader)

Was it the "somebody" responsible for her death instead of a student from Scala?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Something else that has me thinking. Nameless star said that a somebody sent her to the Final World. Yet we saw in the Verum Rex trailer that she was being held captive by a Gigas(possibly the leader)

Was it the "somebody" responsible for her death instead of a student from Scala?

We don't have anything that can confirm or deny any possibility, but this thread isn't really about that.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
We don't have anything that can confirm or deny any possibility, but this thread isn't really about that.
Isnt the topic about Baldr's sister(possibly Nameless Star)connection to Verum Rex? I saw other members discussing the circumstances of her ending up in the final world. Dont want to derail the thread regardless so I'll drop it

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Isnt the topic about Baldr's sister(possibly Nameless Star)connection to Verum Rex? I saw other members discussing the circumstances of her ending up in the final world. Dont want to derail the threat regardless so I'll drop it

Your post had little to do with DR compared to the others, which is why I'm trying to reel it in. There have been several other threads discussing Nameless Star's situation; let's keep this one focused on the topic at hand.

zander1995

Awards
Isnt the topic about Baldr's sister(possibly Nameless Star)connection to Verum Rex? I saw other members discussing the circumstances of her ending up in the final world. Dont want to derail the thread regardless so I'll drop it
Yeah, what Sign said. This thread is about the Star's identity, not necessarily how the Star ended up there, so while discussions theorizing about the Star's identity not being related to Baldr are relevant, theorizing about who killed Star are not.

Back