• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Bad news

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Willow A113

Awards
So my parents have a lot of restrictions, right? One is called downtime where basically my phone turns off during the night and only a few apps work. Well I was on khinsider and I knew downtime was about to turn on so I took screenshots so I could read them after. I tried sending them to myself, but I accidentally sent it to my dad. I panicked. He would hate my profile picture and name and he even thinks social media and forums are bad. So after a panic attack I sent him about two hundred photos. He would have to scroll wayy up to see the khinsider photos. I said it was an accident. I thought I was safe. This was all a few days ago.
Earlier today I asked if I could go on the computer (that’s right I need permission) and he did the password and he said “but don’t go on any message boards, you know we don’t like that stuff”. I panicked. Did he see the picture? Does he know about khinsider? He wouldn’t have said that if he didn’t. So now I’m scared he’ll take it away. He knows how to block websites. He took away every other social media. Khinsider is the only site I have now. I don’t want to lose this, too!
Anyway, maybe nothing will happen from this. Maybe something will. I’m inclined to believe the latter. If I don’t check in after a couple days, you’ll know what happened. If I do get khinsider taken away, anyone is welcome to message me at willowfent@gmail.com

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
I swear I cried reading this.

I'm so sorry.

I'm sure it's going to blow over and will be fine. But if worst comes to worst, we can find a way to keep you online here, I'm sure of it

Willow A113

Awards
I swear I cried reading this.

I'm so sorry.

I'm sure it's going to blow over and will be fine. But if worst comes to worst, we can find a way to keep you online here, I'm sure of it
Wow I didn’t realize it meant that much, I’m touched. I hope it will, but I’m not going to jinx it. I don’t know if there would be a way. If the site’s blocked, it’s blocked.

AegisXIII

Awards
Sorry to hear that.
Note that they are ways to bypass parental control.
Using a vpn or a proxy might be an exemple. Maybe the proxy is better since it does not require to install anything on your machine. But then, you might be watched by the company that developed the proxy.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
I agree with Ernest-Panda. I can understand watching thy kids on what they do online, but I'd say a message board like this is as wholesome as they come. I'd be more concerned with a kid messing around on Reddit.

And the downtime thing is prolly b/c screens late at night can mess with your sleep. But your parents sound draconian really. Wish I could give them a talk to for yeah, filters can be gotten around.

If I was married and had kids, the only things I'd ban them from is Reddit and MMOs since most mmos, including FFXI and XIV, are no place for a kid.

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
Wow I didn’t realize it meant that much, I’m touched. I hope it will, but I’m not going to jinx it. I don’t know if there would be a way. If the site’s blocked, it’s blocked.

I experienced years under an overbearing family surveillance state. Not just my own parents (they were the least bad), but extended family too.

Hurts to hear others spending their youth in similar conditions.

But as everyone else has said, there are ways around it if worst case scenario comes

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Like other have mentioned it might be good to look into proxies or even VPNs. I get parents wanting to keep their kids from some shadier sites, but in your case it's more them trying to control you and keep you away from yourself. Make sure to take care of yourself and be careful.

Willow A113

Awards
Sorry to hear that.
Note that they are ways to bypass parental control.
Using a vpn or a proxy might be an exemple. Maybe the proxy is better since it does not require to install anything on your machine. But then, you might be watched by the company that developed the proxy.
I tried using a vpn once. The app they use sends notifications if a vpn is bypassing it. It was punished for that. I don’t know what a proxy is.

Willow A113

Awards

Willow A113

Awards
I agree with Ernest-Panda. I can understand watching thy kids on what they do online, but I'd say a message board like this is as wholesome as they come. I'd be more concerned with a kid messing around on Reddit.

And the downtime thing is prolly b/c screens late at night can mess with your sleep. But your parents sound draconian really. Wish I could give them a talk to for yeah, filters can be gotten around.

If I was married and had kids, the only things I'd ban them from is Reddit and MMOs since most mmos, including FFXI and XIV, are no place for a kid.
I agree. People on here curse a lot, and they would be offended by every “fuck” and “shit”, or even the “damn”s and “hell”s. The actual contents of the messages are wholesome af, but they wouldn’t give a damn about that.
Edit: They would also hate the more democratic people like Oracle Spocknort and most other people on here.
Downtime can be a very good thing if used right. My parents abuse it. I can only use my phone from 1-6.
I’m never going to have kids probably because it’s impossible to have biological ones and even if I adopted I wouldn’t know what to do with them lol. But if I had kids, I would do what you did. All social media is fair game, but no Reddit until I decide they’re mature enough. If they’re younger then 13, I might check in occasionally, but I would NEVER check dms unless I’m REALLY suspicious of a person. Checking dms is like eavesdropping, which is very rude.

Last edited:

Willow A113

Awards
I experienced years under an overbearing family surveillance state. Not just my own parents (they were the least bad), but extended family too.

Hurts to hear others spending their youth in similar conditions.

But as everyone else has said, there are ways around it if worst case scenario comes
I’ve tried everything. It’s actually impossible to get past their restrictions.

Willow A113

Awards
Like other have mentioned it might be good to look into proxies or even VPNs. I get parents wanting to keep their kids from some shadier sites, but in your case it's more them trying to control you and keep you away from yourself. Make sure to take care of yourself and be careful.
They only hate social media because they think it influenced me into being trans and the more I use it, the more trans it get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back