• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Bad News! No Kh2!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sr_azn_teen

Sony announced that they would have to stop Production on the Playstation 2 console (and 47 games inc. Kingdom Hearts), due to a lawsuit filed against them by Immersion technology. As you all know the PS2 uses a Vibration function, but this idea was patented by Immersion and Sony used it without there permission.

Due to this PS2's have to stop selling and 47 PS2 games that use the Vibration function, inc. Kingdom Hearts. Moving on, this has caused Yôichi Wada (President of Square Enix) to issue the following statement:

"In regards to our future Playstation 2 titles, we have had to cease production on three games. These games rely on the Vibration function heavily that the PS2 has to offer and as a result of this Immersion case, we will be no longer able to provide these games worldwide for the console. These games include Drag-on Dragoon 2, Romancing SaGa and Kingdom Hearts 2. Although the order that Sony has been issued only applies in North America, this was where we were expecting the majority of sales for those three titles."

Also it was earlier reported on this site that the next issue of Famitsu Weekly would contain information on Kingdom Hearts 2, this information has turned out to be the same as the above, the cancellation of Kingdom Hearts 2.

Source: Square Enix Japan & SE North America

Please tell me this isn't true!!

Last edited:

darkweilder

well that has been a theory for some time althoug the vibration function is new to me i don't know if that is true or not anything is possible at this time.

Ryuusuke

sigh.........oh wellz.......but wont it be easyer just to pay the damed lawsuits.....cuz it do cose alot of money to produce games

blackdragon88

I dont believe this NO MORE KINGDOM HEARTS 2 all the trailers and all the hard work down the drain because of the stupid vibration thing this is bulls**t and this better not be some stupid april fools joke because incase you havent noticed april fools is OVER!!!!

darkweilder

yeah well i do think that it was meant as an april fools joke although some of it is right.

A

Audo

Lol thats an april fools joke from KHU, Did you even bother to go to Square Enix's site to swee the information? There is a thread on this board labeled "Just a joke KH2 Fans" or something like that and I advise you take a look.

blackdragon88

What a relief!!!! why didnt i think of going to the OFFICIAL SQUARE-ENIX SITE. Why dont people READ before they just send out info like that to a national forum. WHy would I listen to that guy anyway that was his first post. I see why people hate noobs. I knew it was a joke!!!!

S

sr_azn_teen

hey man...I wasn't spamming... read what I said in the end.. I just wanted to make sure this isn't true.

R

riku55

MP3Gamefreak said:
Actually it is not a joke. KH2 has been canceled. Remember this is not a joke.

eh yeahthey spent 3 yrs on this game and already have SCREEN SHOTS! they get there big profit from the states! and besides sony is not just ps2 its also tv radio mp3s ext. they can pay BELIVE ME!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back